NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:35 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:14 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Hoops Weiss NYDaily News(previously reported in another thread) is reporting that the BE will announce this(1 pm local) afternoon that TCU will be joining as an All sports member.Link at http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/colle ... ource.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:02 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Confirmation from Official Big East site that TCU will be joining the BE.Link at http://www.bigeast.org/News/tabid/435/A ... rsity.aspx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:50 pm 
Senior
Senior

TCU is leaving the Mountain West...for another conference that does not make sense geographically.

I mean the Cowboys are in the NFC East, but that's the NFL. I'm surprised the Big 12 didn't scoop them up sooner. Maybe the Big 12 can get LSU and Arkansas instead of TCU and Arkansas.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:00 pm 
Senior
Senior

pf9 wrote:
TCU is leaving the Mountain West...for another conference that does not make sense geographically.

I mean the Cowboys are in the NFC East, but that's the NFL. I'm surprised the Big 12 didn't scoop them up sooner. Maybe the Big 12 can get LSU and Arkansas instead of TCU and Arkansas.

They can in the future. As of right now TCU jumped at the offer but i'm guaranteeing that if the Big 12 asked they would join. Though you have to ask what do they add to the big 12? Nothing overall the big 12 already has the market that TCU brings.

Us National Soccer Team

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:04 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

pf9 wrote:

pf, they are leaving the MWC, not CUSA. Being in the MWC requires much more travel for all sports. Sure, New Mexico is close, but Colorado St. and Air Force are the next closest. All together you have to travel from Ft. Worth to San Diego, Fresno, Reno, Boise, Las Vegas, as well as Wyoming, Colorado Springs, Ft. Collins and nearby ABQ.

Don't buy into the media comments about TCU being out of place. These are primarily east coast journalists who are used to 1.5 hour car ride from NYC to Philly, or 4 hours driving from NYC to Boston or DC. The same media says nothing about UCLA, USC, ASU, Arizona, all bordering Mexico, being in the same conference as schools an hour drive south of the Canadian border. And of course, the MWC is in the same boat with schools as southwest as SDSU, northwest in Boise and even further east into Texas.

As for the Big 12, until the Big 12 can knock off the SEC and Big ten in revenue, moving makes no sense. On paper, it would make more sense for UT/TAMU/OU/OSU to join the SEC and renegotiate that contract.

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:32 pm 
Senior
Senior

Either way, I can see the rift between the FB and non-FB schools growing...

The real earthquake would be the actual split of the two factions within the Big East.

If Villanova says "no" to the FBS upgrade (and therefore the Big East football invite), that means the Big East would have to look at Conference USA (again) for a new FB-playing member, or possibly the MAC.