NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:27 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1038 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 70  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:29 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

It's interesting that BSU accepted the invitation to the Ft. Worth Bowl to play TCU. Hmmm... BSU vs TCU. A prelude to MWC play?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:09 pm 
Senior
Senior

VFan, I think the WAC will survive too. I just believe the MWC should do what they can to knock them down a sereious notch. When the 8 left, they thought they left the remnants of a nothing conference. The WAC went out and got 1-AA schools with potential, stayed together and grew to suddenly become a serious rival to the MWC. I truly love the WAC for its guts and survivibality(is that a word?). The MAC too for that matter.

But in a business sense, they should knock the WAC down a notch or two. Hell, maybe the WAC can do for Idaho, Montana, and Montana St. (if they're willing) what they did for Boise St. Fresno St. and Nevada. I would love that! ;D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:15 pm 
Senior
Senior

Quote:
It's interesting that BSU accepted the invitation to the Ft. Worth Bowl to play TCU. Hmmm... BSU vs TCU. A prelude to MWC play?

Just curious. Which has greater interest for you guys. Utah vs. USM in the Liberty, or TCU vs. Boise State in the Ft. Worth. I'll take the latter, a further point to how the WAC has risen to challenge the MWC. :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:42 am 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

TCU is headin' to the MWC...

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2003/Dec-03-Wed-2003/sports/22717543.html

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:27 pm 
Junior
Junior

Quote:
VFan, I think the WAC will survive too. I just believe the MWC should do what they can to knock them down a sereious notch. When the 8 left, they thought they left the remnants of a nothing conference. The WAC went out and got 1-AA schools with potential, stayed together and grew to suddenly become a serious rival to the MWC. I truly love the WAC for its guts and survivibality(is that a word?). The MAC too for that matter.

But in a business sense, they should knock the WAC down a notch or two. Hell, maybe the WAC can do for Idaho, Montana, and Montana St. (if they're willing) what they did for Boise St. Fresno St. and Nevada. I would love that! ;D

I like this idea as well. Adding these three (as long as LaTech leaves the WAC) would add a very western imprint for the WAC. It would be an upgrade with Montana's football. I think they would do very well at the 1-A level. It's strange but as much as the WAC has gone through, they always seem to rebuild and become contenders. I guess now they have 4 teams in bowls, where MWC only placed 3. Wow.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:32 pm 
Junior
Junior

Quote:

I would think the MWC would invite Boise State as well. Hmmm...

I think that if it is only TCU, then CUSA will invite either North Texas or LaTech to compensate. If it's LaTech, maybe Idaho would get an invite. I think it would be great to be in the same conference as Boise State once again. We could move our annual game to the end of the season once again and it would mean something... I will be surprised if it's only TCU and not Boise State as well. However, as a Vandal Fan, I think it will be funny that BSU has all this success over the last few years and gets passed up by another team that has only had recent success. Add to that Idaho becoming part of the WAC, and it'll be a 1-2 punch for them. Ha Ha! Go Vandals!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:14 pm 
Senior
Senior

Quote:

I've heard rumors that Miami U. of the MAC might be extended an invatition to CUSA. Miami won't accept unless a few more MAC rivals are brought in especially Ohio. Miami U. and Ohio have a pact that one would not change conferences with the other. Both schools were in discussions with the private schools of CUSA, and Army/Navy to form a breakaway 1-A conference formed on high academic standards.

Would CUSA expand to 14 or 16 to accomadate? I think its possible because adding 3-5 MAC schools cut down on travel costs. And it would destroy the MAC at the same time, eliminating a challenger.

It could get very interesting. ;)

I highly doubt CUSA will look north at all now.
If Marshall wasn't still getting pub from Moss, they wouldn't have gotten an invite either.

The CUSA commish is clearly working to move the league office from Chicago to Dallas any day now.

CUSA is never going to try to be more than a sourthern league in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:09 pm 
Senior
Senior

Ageed EarthX, the next logical move is La. Tech.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:11 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

Houston has been talked about coming to the MWC if TCU heads there.

The MWC could look like this.

East
Air Force
Colorado State
Houston
New Mexico
TCU
Wyoming

West
Boise State
BYU
Fresno State (*)
San Diego State
UNLV
Utah

(*) = Nevada may be in that slot instead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:55 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

a little off topic, but will someone clarify for me as to who the "gang of 5" was the created the mwc. i think it is utah, byu, wyoming, csu, and air force, but i am not sure.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:12 am 
Sophomore
Sophomore

You would be correct.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:06 am 
All-Conference
All-Conference

and if boise joined it would probably be a gang of six ...

8-)

Last edited by javaman on Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:49 pm 
Senior
Senior

Quote:
Why not add San Jose St to the MWC? They have a big market with improving attendance. A combination of San JoseSt, Fresno, Boise, and Nevada would give the MWC a lock on the Pacific Timezone. So much talk about adding TCU to the MWC but the real threat to the league is the WAC. The MWC is trying to be a BCS league, but having schools on your doorstep like Fresno and Boise that are out drawing UNLV and San Diego St can't help matters. The WAC has a stronger Pacific presence than the MWC right now.

Things aren't always done that make geographical sense. Politics get in the way.

What I'm wondering is if the Pac10 will consider adding two teams so they can have a conference championship game. What happened with USC not getting to play in the national championship game may get them to think about it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1038 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 70  Next