The Bishin Cutter wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
The Bishin Cutter wrote:
ODU's splash page flashes what the presser will cover
: ODU to C-USA in '13.
I guess this means JMU or W&M aren't going anywhere soon.
There are rumors of JMU to the MAC and W&M to the Patriot.
I'm not sure both happen, though. Of the two, JMU doesn't seem to be in the best spot, with WKU just waiting for a spot in the MAC and App. State actually providing evidence that they are really trying to upgrade to FBS. W&M takes a step down in both football and basketball were they to go to a Patriot that's only just starting to show signs of life (maybe they don't poach but get poached in return). And who knows...maybe the Patriot is really gunning for Richmond?
From seanbo on CUSA thread...
"In case anyone is interested, 2011 FCS home attendance figures.
1. Appalachian St. 183,479 (26,211) (rumored to be moving up soon)
2. James Madison 125,010 (25,002) (rumored to be moving up soon)
3. Montana 199,023 (24,878) (rumored to be moving up soon)
4. Yale 118,648 (23,730)
5. Jackson St. 138,996 (23,166)
6. Old Dominion 138,726 (19,818) (CUSA)
7. Delaware 114,111 (19,019) (rumored to be moving up soon)
8. Florida A&M 74,985 (18,746)
9. South Alabama 110,654 (18,442) (Sun Belt)
10. North Dakota St. 163,284 (18,143)
11. Ga. Southern 141,605 (17,701) (rumored to be moving up soon)
12. Jacksonville 86,128 (17,226)
13. Montana St. 119,499 (17,071) (rumored to be moving up soon)
14. South Carolina St. 82,302 (16,460)
15. Liberty 98,515 (16,419) (rumored to be moving up soon)
ODU is outdrawn in their own state by James Madison.
Also Sun Belt attendance (per game)
UL Lafayette 29,171
Arkansas State 21,257
*South Alabama 18,442
Middle Tenn 18,402
*Texas State 15,106
*Georgia State 14,286"
So how is JMU not ready but App St is? 1K extra in attendance makes a difference? Its still nearly 10K above WKU...
And BTW if W&M go to the Patriot its to save $ and have easier competition...the Patriot can't poach Richmond (A10) their fb could go in Big South or SoCon if the CAA became unsuitable. Besides Fordham fb (A10) who has already said they want to changes conferences, the only schools worth poaching from the Patriot are Georgetown (Big East) and possibly Holy Cross (who would just go to NEC) who would both have to want to raise scholarships for fb and title IX sports if they wanted to move up but neither have shown interest in the past.
Fan of the Big 12 Conference, the Mountain West Conference and...