NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:49 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 903 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:59 am 
Senior
Senior

Yes it is really funny. AAC member think they are better then C-USA and C-USA member think they are better then SBC. However many of the member in C-USA got their start in SBC. Many of the AAC member came from C-USA. So logic would think that instead of putting down your old conference you would thank them for where you are today. But no! Have to put down and say this one is better than the other one. Well I say if those schools were so much better then how come the conference didn't get better when they were in it?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:04 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

True -

But what could change that is if the Sun-Belt teams actually out-performed the CUSA teams, and public perception changed.

Best example of that was when the New york Jets (22-point underdogs) won Superbowl 3 and the old AFL suddenly gained some credibility.
The next year, the KC Chiefs dominated Superbowl 4 vs. the Vikings, and people realized it was not a fluke.
Suddenly the NFL had to recognize them as equals, and they agreed on a merger.

So it's possible.... just not right now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:12 pm 
Senior
Senior

I have to differ a little on the not right now concept. I think that the SBC FB programs this year were much better then C-USA programs as a whole. Problem was that two of the top three teams in the SBC were not able to go to bowls and the winner GS was not able to be considered for the Big bowl game. I think if GS was able they would have had a good shot of being considered ahead of Marshall due to their OOC schedule who was behind Boise St. Going forward it think you will see the SBC be a much better FB league then C-USA. Now BB is another story SBC is no where near and wont be because they are really only interested in FB for the most part.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 903 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61