NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:01 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:18 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

Ok guys, C-USA will now have enough members ( they did already) to have a championship game if they so desire.

What would be an ideal location to hold the championship game?

You have the western side of the conference with Houston, Rice, SMU, Tulsa, UTEP, TCU(for this year at least), Tulane from Louisiana and the eastern group, Memphis, Louisville(leaving soon), Cincinnati(going bye bye also), Southern Miss, East Carolina, UAB, South Florida(gone also) and Army. Then when those members leave they will be replaced by Central Florida, Florida Atlantic, Florida International and Marshall.

I posted earlier that I thought Shreveport would make an ideal place to hold the game as it is not a C-USA city, has a great stadium (Independence Bowl) which is plenty big enough as it holds 50,000 and the city knows how to put on a game of this type, and plenty of hotel and motel rooms to accomodate the fans.

There are several attractions which the fans would enjoy and it would make an enjoyable trip.

What do you guys think of the conference holding its game in Shreveport? Any other suggestions?

Please lets have some comments on this. Football season is just a little over 3 months away.

Ric

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:25 pm 
Rice, Tulsa, SMU, and UTEP won't be in until Louisville, Cincinnati, and USF are gone.

As for FAU and FIU - I think it will be about 10 years before they become of interest to C-USA.

As for locations of championship games from 2005 on - I vote for an alternating east-west arrangment. Perhaps switch between San Antonio and Nashville?

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:18 pm 

I feel like Conference USA is in the area of 3 great tv markets...Houston, New Orleans, and Orlando, FL. I figure they should alternate these three cities to host the championship game...New Orleans is a fairly central location for the whole conference in 2005...even if was UTEP vs. ECU, it would still draw a large crowd, so New Orleans would probably become the only location for the CUSA Championship Game in the future.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:55 am 
Senior
Senior

The first one, if not all of them, will surely be in Dallas.

This commish managed to get the ball rolling on moving the league headquarters from Chicago to Dallas BEFORE all the realignment came down.

He'll want that game where he can just drive to it, and clearly he has the power to get that done.