NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:23 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:52 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Westwolf, it must be very frustrating to be a fan of school that may never see a major bowl again and most likely reason you are so miserable with your post.

Putting down the BE will make any mid tier school fill good about them selves and help with self esteem in the process. You prove that point with mid level BCS school fans as well.

Notre Dame and the BE would move right up the food chain and probably could make a play for the Orange bowl if the BCS fails. Thats how powerful the image of Notre Dame is and will bring the BE schools with them.

I would probably guess a bidding war would take place with the Big 12, Big East, and ND putting together a major bowl package similar to the Gator/Sun if the BCS died on the vine.

Say the Fiesta/Gator/Sun arrangement would be very nice for Big 12, ND, and Big East teams should the BCS go belly up.

Too bad, the ACC lost the change to steal such a great intuition from the ranks of the Big East and got stuck with BC and Va Tech in the process.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:20 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Quote:
Westwolf, it must be very frustrating to be a fan of school that may never see a major bowl again and most likely reason you are so miserable with your post.

Williams College, my alma mater? No, I expect that you're right about that, Lash.

Why do you think I am against the BE becoming stronger and making the whole process more interesting? I just don't see how they can but wouldn't mind being proved wrong.

As stated before, I would like to see the 8 team tournament featuring conference winners only (no second chances like the NFL). That preserves the emphasis on regular season and conference championship games. If the BE champ were a top 10 team, that would leave only 2 spots - for a worthy ND and maybe a good MWC, WAC or CUSA champ. Otherwise the best runner up coulld fill out the field. But no relatively weak conferences champs like Pitt or West Virginia.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Last edited by westwolf on Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:08 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Quote:

Putting down the BE will make any mid tier school fill good about them selves and help with self esteem in the process. You prove that point with mid level BCS school fans as well.

Notre Dame and the BE would move right up the food chain and probably could make a play for the Orange bowl if the BCS fails. Thats how powerful the image of Notre Dame is and will bring the BE schools with them.

I would probably guess a bidding war would take place with the Big 12, Big East, and ND putting together a major bowl package similar to the Gator/Sun if the BCS died on the vine.

Say the Fiesta/Gator/Sun arrangement would be very nice for Big 12, ND, and Big East teams should the BCS go belly up.

Too bad, the ACC lost the change to steal such a great intuition from the ranks of the Big East and got stuck with BC and Va Tech in the process.

Yeah right, Big 12 will probally end up having their champion playing in the Orange Bowl and runner up going to the Fiesta Bowl. ND will come out fine, as they would either make an agreement with to go to the Fiesta, Sugar since they would be looking for teams. The BE would be a big loser if the BCS broke up, for their sake it better not.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:09 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Always the scenario the BE losses.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:41 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

SportKC, Syracuse, WVU, Pitt, and Louisville have all went to BCS bowls before the BCS was created.

Wishful thinking on your part about the Big 12 taking the Orange and Fiesta without some help.

The Big 12 only has one major school this year with any BCS credit with Texas Tech maybe a close second.

Outside of those schools why would the Orange want any other Big 12 school this physical football year.

Actually if there were no BCS system this year and WVU and Louisville both win out, both could be in contention for the Orange, Sugar, or Fiesta bowl with the fan support both of those schools currently receive and the records would be better than any Big 12 school except for Texas and Texas Tech. Both schools will be in the top 10 and maybe the top 15 as well by end of season.

If there is a playoff Westwolf, it will be 16 teams to avoid law suits and US congress and all the other issues that get pulled in because every division 1 conference champion will want and deserve a bid.

That would leave 5 bids for the big conference to fight over which is 3 more than we have with the current BCS system.

Give it up if you think the BE is going away. The other five leagues need the Big East especially for basketball and football will remain part of the BCS or there will be a 16 team playoff or there will be ND/BE alliance taking one of the births in the current big four bowls.

So give it up on wanting the BE to fail. If the BE were going to fail it would have occurred 3 years ago during the initial raid by the ACC.

It didn't much to the frustrations of many who wanted it to go away and will only grow and get stronger.

In a few year, the BE may be pointing figures at the Big 12 or one the other conferences on performance issues.

Both the Orange and Sugar bowls are interested in the Big East Champ if the champion has no less than two loses.

Was it not just a couple years ago the Big 12 only qualified 3 teams for bowls.

Why is that the Big 12 and ACC fans on this board have grips with the BE BCS bid. Is there a superiority complex or what?

I can understand the MWC and Conf USA hating any conference in the BCS system. I just don't get the logic with all the negatives by the ACC and Big 12 fans on this board wanting the BE out of the BCS.

Please don't tell me its due to having the best teams on the field. If so, that eliminates about 95 per cent of all the ACC and Big 12 teams combined.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:41 pm 
The prime feature that separates 1-A from 1-AA are the allowances for athletic scholarships. Attendance and other variables are included but are not the major thrust of the distinction.

BCS conference members and non-BCS 1-A members have the same scholarship limitations with the exception of those that are under probation for a period and scholarship limitations are part of the penalty.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:47 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Dogsnthings, your not looking at the political division and we all know college football is all about politics. Politics control college football and scholarships or budgets have nothing to do with or else BYU and others would have access to the BCS with automation bid. Heck, the Ivy League could simply buy there way into the BCS.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:40 pm 
If it is a political division, then people have no need to show comparative strength of schools and conferences and all this MWC, C-USA, and BE talk is useless?

Obviously, politics is a factor but it has to built on perceptions and records of success.

The political order is inclusive of regional demographics as well. Yet, BCS is lifted, by conference plus ND, from the general classification scheme of 1-A which spells out its collective criteria for the label.

The BCS is a fuller-blown version of the Georgia-Oklahoma initiative some years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:47 pm 
Lash,please stop with the Ivy league comments.For someone with such a limited vocabulary plus spelling and grammar problems you probably should not be discussing much beyond High School or Junior College.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:43 pm 
Who else wants to enjoy 'The Private Pleasures of John Holmes?'

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:26 pm 
ask Lash how to spell recruit. he spells it requit. what's a requit? someone who quits the big east twice?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:31 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Quote:
SportKC, Syracuse, WVU, Pitt, and Louisville have all went to BCS bowls before the BCS was created.

Wishful thinking on your part about the Big 12 taking the Orange and Fiesta without some help.

The Big 12 only has one major school this year with any BCS credit with Texas Tech maybe a close second.

Outside of those schools why would the Orange want any other Big 12 school this physical football year.

Actually if there were no BCS system this year and WVU and Louisville both win out, both could be in contention for the Orange, Sugar, or Fiesta bowl with the fan support both of those schools currently receive and the records would be better than any Big 12 school except for Texas and Texas Tech. Both schools will be in the top 10 and maybe the top 15 as well by end of season.

If there is a playoff Westwolf, it will be 16 teams to avoid law suits and US congress and all the other issues that get pulled in because every division 1 conference champion will want and deserve a bid.

That would leave 5 bids for the big conference to fight over which is 3 more than we have with the current BCS system.

Give it up if you think the BE is going away. The other five leagues need the Big East especially for basketball and football will remain part of the BCS or there will be a 16 team playoff or there will be ND/BE alliance taking one of the births in the current big four bowls.

So give it up on wanting the BE to fail. If the BE were going to fail it would have occurred 3 years ago during the initial raid by the ACC.

It didn't much to the frustrations of many who wanted it to go away and will only grow and get stronger.

In a few year, the BE may be pointing figures at the Big 12 or one the other conferences on performance issues.

Both the Orange and Sugar bowls are interested in the Big East Champ if the champion has no less than two loses.

Was it not just a couple years ago the Big 12 only qualified 3 teams for bowls.

Why is that the Big 12 and ACC fans on this board have grips with the BE BCS bid. Is there a superiority complex or what?

I can understand the MWC and Conf USA hating any conference in the BCS system. I just don't get the logic with all the negatives by the ACC and Big 12 fans on this board wanting the BE out of the BCS.

Please don't tell me its due to having the best teams on the field. If so, that eliminates about 95 per cent of all the ACC and Big 12 teams combined.

I dont get were you think I want the BE out of the BCS. You said in the post before if the BCS failed then you went into some fantasy land. Big 12 would have a good shot at both Orange and Fiesta if the BCS dismanded. They had a long standing relationship with the Orange Bowl and Fiesta recently plus they had sent their #2 team to the Fiesta on a few occassions when they were the Big 8. It would probally happen. A Texas-Miami Orange Bowl, a Texas Tech-Oregon/Notre Dame Fiesta Bowl would be way more appealing than what the BE could offer.

The Big 12 has never sent just 3 teams to bowls. They have had at least 5 ever since their league was founded.

I want the BE to do good, I want the MWC do good. I dont flip flop on it unlike some posters.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:15 pm 
I can spell---
flipity floppity (I luv doing that)
Notre Dame (double-double BE football associate)
Transgehse (my hero - portrait of him hanging in my lr)
Villanova (the crusader coming to slay the MWC)
MISstate what others say (my esteem builder)
Better than all the rest (what Big East is)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:03 am 
All-Star
All-Star

I am glad we cannot hear you sing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:40 pm 

Quote:
I am glad we cannot hear you sing.

Why yes, I sing, Tigersharktwo. Me and my fellow, seasoned drag queens from Pheonix and burbs have a singing group, The Big Easters. There are 16 of them- me (Lashette), Exotica, Bambi, Destiny, Desiree', Luscious, Lick-Lick, Star, Tiffany, Candi, Shewila Screws, Wanna Peters, Aneeda Decks, Cheynie, Fawn, and Cocoa.

We going to tour and plan to do concerts in Pittsburgh, Morgantown, Cincinnati, Louisville, Providence, Syracuse, Tampa, Milwaukee, Chicago, South Bend, D.C., Philadelphia, Trenton, Stors, Newark, and the grand finale at Madison Square Garden.

A group such as ours is not accepted out in Mountain
Worthless Country, but theliberal and accommodating and appreciative northeast will adore us. Hope you catch us at a site near you! The group will be together for five years fore we breakup.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next