NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:50 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:53 am 
All-Star
All-Star

CUSA seems to take as long as the MWC and Bud Selig to make a decision.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:37 pm 
The WAC is not in need of Idaho. Even if L.Tech were to leave, the WAC cannot solve the problems Idaho has at this time. Like others have said, Idaho should build (in both facilities/supporters) so that they can come (that is for the Conf. and the supporters/fans themselves) in order to stay and be in D1-A. The WAC may be better off to look at western D1-AA that have better numbers and more promise than Idaho and getting that school to become D1-A.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:13 am 
Senior
Senior

It's about time the WAC started talking out loud about staying together and building the conference. Make no mistake, if the MWC came calling again right now all the infighting would start up again, but I don't see that happening for another 4-5 years.

Soooo, the WAC has that long to try to make itself an equal conference to the MWC. BSU, FSU, Hawai'i, Nevada, and UTEP form a strong base but some real "outside the box" thinking will need to be done to enhance the conference as a whole.

I found it interesting that the WAC is looking to at least double its annual TV revenue while they expect the MWC's contract to decrease substantially. Just wishful thinking IMO, but that would be yet another indication that the teams from the WAC should work it all out together. If they can indeed pull off substantially strenthening the WAC, the MWC will find looking eastward as the only true alternative for expansion.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:30 pm 
Senior
Senior

I don't think the attendance will be an issue, even for SJSU. The minimum sports requirement is an issue though. I think the WAC may need to add a baseball only school or two, if they'll come.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:58 am 
Junior
Junior

One of the ways the WAC can strengthen it's tv package is more weeknight or Friday games. They command the "game of the day" even if fewer of us are watching. I believe we will have college football on everyday of the week soon. Wait, maybe we already do? Even the NFL is opening on Thursday. Primetime sports seems to be one of the few shows that still reaches the 18-34 male viewer, and the WAC will bank on that by moving more games away from Saturday for televsion.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:59 am 
Junior
Junior

One of the ways the WAC can strengthen it's tv package is more weeknight or Friday games. They command the "game of the day" even if fewer of us are watching. I believe we will have college football on everyday of the week soon. Wait, maybe we already do? 8-)
Even the NFL is opening on Thursday. Primetime sports seems to be one of the few shows that still reaches the 18-34 male viewer, and the WAC will bank on that by moving more games away from Saturday for televsion.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:01 am 
Junior
Junior

One of the ways the WAC can strengthen it's tv package is more weeknight or Friday games. They command the "game of the day" even if fewer of us are watching. I believe we will have college football on everyday of the week soon. Wait, maybe we already do? 8-)
Even the NFL is opening on Thursday. Primetime sports seems to be one of the few shows that still reaches the 18-34 male viewer, and the WAC will bank on that by moving more games away from Saturday for televsion.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:07 am 
Senior
Senior

Quote:

Sad but true. :( Weekday games are a burden in attendance for most non-BCS teams, but the WAC has shown its willingness to do just about anything to get on TV. It is already looking to get the late monday bb game vacated by the MWC, changing its bb schedule from Thurs./Sat. to Sat./Mon. Thursdays are OK, but I don't like Fridays. Poor viewership and IMO should be for high school football... I love watching my Issaquah Eagles. :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next