NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:28 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 912 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 61  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:17 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Boise's letter of resignation. If this doesn't work out for Boise, I wonder if the MWC ever does business with them again.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:23 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Boise with comments from MWC Commish who says his league is not interested in adding either Idaho or NMSU.He says that the MWC is not currently talking with UTEP but would like a Texas school as a member.Link at http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2012/0 ... tate_again

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:38 am 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

freaked4collegefb wrote:
Quinn,unclear as to why you have reposted my old post.Do you understand that the post that you reposted is three years old and I POSTED it three years ago?
Also,my original post has apparently been deleted since it is not currently in my list of posts.If you have any further questions please send me a PM.

Thanks
Freaked

Must have been a site glitch. Somehow, that post was marked as "new" in the locked thread and moved the locked thread to the top of the "active topics" page. So I deleted that post in the locked thread, copied it exactly as it was, and posted it to the active MWC thread.

So it must have been some sort of site glitch that brought up the old post. Feel free to delete the post if you feel it is no longer relevant or important, that's your call, not mine ;).

Thanks again, freaked. Sorry for any confusion caused.

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:26 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Conventional wisdom says the MWC should wait for Boise St and San Diego St to come back to get to 12 for football and a title game but I think their is no sense in sitting and waiting and letting the defectors dictate expansion policy. Sure I think Idaho would be better served going to FCS and the Big Sky but there is no reason to leave New Mexico St out in the cold and without a geographically feasible conference. Bringing in New Mexico St makes a lot of sense in basketball. With only 9 all sports members in basketball (and every other sport for that matter) on every night of conference play someone is going to be left idle or in search of an OOC opponent. Bringing in a 10th member would alleviate this problem and allow for the utilization of travel partners. The Aggies' basketball program is a respectable. During their tenure in the WAC they finished no worse than 5th and that was in their first year in the league.

As for football, yes they would be the 11th school but the Big Ten had 11 members for 2 decades and made it work. You just assign every school two permanent rivals and then rotate the other 8 schools on a 2 yr basis. It would probably actually be a perk in that over time, aside from the California schools (who would presumably be Hawai'i's permanent rivals) each school would be making fewer trips to the islands over the course of a decade. While the Aggies have struggled in attendance they have managed to beat their instate rivals 3 seasons in a row. When looking at the Aggies' attendance woes one has to think that it is in part a product of who they are playing. In looking at the past 2 seasons their attendance fell below the 15,000 mark when they played teams that were extremely far from Las Cruces (a product of the far flung WAC, these games lacked local interest) or when, late in the season, the Aggies had little hope of a winning record. This could change if they were in a stable MWC playing more games against teams closer to home.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:44 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Reno discussing new Bowl proposal that would allow best champion from the 5 "mid major" FB conferences to include MWC,BE,MAC,SBC, and CUSA to have guaranteed access to a major bowl slot in 2014.Link at http://www.rgj.com/article/20120927/SPO ... 70015/1018

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:52 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Hell ya SJSU and USU today! You guys sure as hell look like you belong in the MWC, in the upper half even! Especially SJSU, since I hate BYU more than the Chicago Bears!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:20 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Hell ya SJSU and USU today! You guys sure as hell look like you belong in the MWC, in the upper half even! Especially SJSU, since I hate BYU more than the Chicago Bears!

Go ahead and jump to the Big East/West already... ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:42 am 
All-Star
All-Star

What Big East? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:29 am 
Senior
Senior

Fresno St. Alum wrote:

Hell yeah! I was nervous at the end but that sack to win it was awesome! I'm still sad about La Tech though. I was really hoping the WAC would have one last BCS buster in their final season. Utah State should have been that team. They could easily be 11-0 right now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:39 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

ESPN is reporting that the MWC was had contact with Boise St, San Diego St, and BYU about rejoining.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:48 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

fighting muskie wrote:
ESPN is reporting that the MWC was had contact with Boise St, San Diego St, and BYU about rejoining.

LINK
http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... ources-say

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:19 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

also of note: Houston has a Big East out-clause if their TV deal isn't high enough. THEY could go with BSU/SDSU to the Mountain West (bring SMU or Tulsa for 14).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:32 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

JPSchmack wrote:
also of note: Houston has a Big East out-clause if their TV deal isn't high enough. THEY could go with BSU/SDSU to the Mountain West (bring SMU or Tulsa for 14).

I see BYU, Boise, SDSU all going back and taking UTEP. Houston/SMU would rather run the new Big East which is in a more favorable time zone and have the ability to bring in their old CUSA pals with ECU, Marshall, Tulsa, Tulane, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:34 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.mwcconnection.com/2012/11/19 ... ntain-west

BSU/SDSU/BYU deny talking to MWC, someone jumped the gun...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:20 am 
All-Conference
All-Conference

tkalmus wrote:
http://www.mwcconnection.com/2012/11/19/3669210/conference-expansion-byu-san-diego-state-boise-state-mountain-west
BSU/SDSU/BYU deny talking to MWC, someone jumped the gun...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
San Diego State athletic director Jim Sterk wrote:
I have not spoken to the (Mountain West) commissioner since May, and there's been no communication with them," Sterk said. "Our president has just been on a call with Boise State, and they haven't had any communication with the Mountain West either, and the president at BYU hasn't had communications with them either.

When you deny a conspiracy involving multiple people, speaking for your co-conspirators is generally a dead giveaway.
Jim, how do you know that a school from the WCC/FB Independent isn't talking to the Mountain West unless you were talking about conference affiliations with them?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 912 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 61  Next