NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:26 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 97  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:33 pm 
Senior
Senior

Ok I get it. Lets continue the bury our head in the ground game. Hey, I hear North Florida is on the list.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:47 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

BePcr07 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
why not add NMSU for all sports since everything else they have is better than fb. Then add UMass for fb only, until 2017 or whenever Idaho's contract is up, that gives Mo. St. and EKU to get up to speed. Then drop the fb onlys and add Mo St., EKU for all sports in 2017. Or JMU if they figure out they'll be stuck in FCS for a long time if they don't take the golden ticket.

I like that idea. My concern is that I've heard that Massachusetts football was having monetary issues traveling within the MAC. Would they be willing to travel within the Sun Belt? The closest school would probably be Appalachian St in North Carolina. New Mexico St is good option for the Sun Belt. Its a contiguous state with genuinely decent basketball. There is a gap in the conference in the state of Mississippi, but there aren't any Mississippi schools in FCS worthy of bringing up (Jackson St, Alcorn St, Mississippi Valley St - all SWAC programs). The State of Tennessee could build a contiguous bridge (Austin Peay, UT - Martin, Chattanooga, Tennessee Tech, Tennessee St - 4 in OVC, 1 in SoCon). I'm not sure what all 5 of those schools have said. However, after adding New Mexico St and Idaho (albeit for football only), I'm not convinced contiguousness is important to the Sun Belt. They've also added Howard (Washington, D.C.), NJIT (New Jersey), and Hartwick (New York) for men's soccer which aren't contiguous to the rest of the Sun Belt either.

It was just another idea I threw out there. other than JMU, EKU, Mo.St., Liberty.

Playa, are you so convinced that Lamar is in as #12 in the SBC that you'd be willing to put your ability to post here on it?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:19 pm 
Senior
Senior

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
BePcr07 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
why not add NMSU for all sports since everything else they have is better than fb. Then add UMass for fb only, until 2017 or whenever Idaho's contract is up, that gives Mo. St. and EKU to get up to speed. Then drop the fb onlys and add Mo St., EKU for all sports in 2017. Or JMU if they figure out they'll be stuck in FCS for a long time if they don't take the golden ticket.

I like that idea. My concern is that I've heard that Massachusetts football was having monetary issues traveling within the MAC. Would they be willing to travel within the Sun Belt? The closest school would probably be Appalachian St in North Carolina. New Mexico St is good option for the Sun Belt. Its a contiguous state with genuinely decent basketball. There is a gap in the conference in the state of Mississippi, but there aren't any Mississippi schools in FCS worthy of bringing up (Jackson St, Alcorn St, Mississippi Valley St - all SWAC programs). The State of Tennessee could build a contiguous bridge (Austin Peay, UT - Martin, Chattanooga, Tennessee Tech, Tennessee St - 4 in OVC, 1 in SoCon). I'm not sure what all 5 of those schools have said. However, after adding New Mexico St and Idaho (albeit for football only), I'm not convinced contiguousness is important to the Sun Belt. They've also added Howard (Washington, D.C.), NJIT (New Jersey), and Hartwick (New York) for men's soccer which aren't contiguous to the rest of the Sun Belt either.

It was just another idea I threw out there. other than JMU, EKU, Mo.St., Liberty.

Playa, are you so convinced that Lamar is in as #12 in the SBC that you'd be willing to put your ability to post here on it?

Should I have too. Nobody else is giving up that right and you all have been wrong. But if that is what is take, so be it. I was told by a man I know who works at Lamar. A high level guy. He said Lamar was joining the SBC this year. No link, no article, a person to person conversation.
After JMU said no, mo st no, eku not ready, jax st Alabama situation so no, Liberty is a no, coastal and utc said no. SHSU said no. Well dang, does not my inside info raise any eyebrows?
Maybe not for you guys but I am sticking to my story.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:34 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

playa4life wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
BePcr07 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:

Should I have too. Nobody else is giving up that right and you all have been wrong. But if that is what is take, so be it. I was told by a man I know who works at Lamar. A high level guy. He said Lamar was joining the SBC this year. No link, no article, a person to person conversation.
After JMU said no, mo st no, eku not ready, jax st Alabama situation so no, Liberty is a no, coastal and utc said no. SHSU said no. Well dang, does not my inside info raise any eyebrows?

I did, I sig bet friarfan that he had to put he's my b*tch for a month or 6 months if when the B1G expanded back 2010 or whenever, it would be to 12 w/ just Nebraska, he said 16. He lost, he didn't come through. On the CSN board, I bet NJredman the right to post that the ACC would raid the BE not the other way around, a week later Pitt and Cuse announced they're going to the ACC, he didn't come through either.

We are wrong sometimes but they are for the most part educated guesses not homer chest thumping w/ I know a guy who's connected bs, that if I had a nickel for every time I heard that I'd be a millionaire. Also more than a few Liberty people have said the same thing about their inside guy saying they're in. So has JMU fans claiming to be connected, but slowed their roll after the latest info/misinfo by ODU. So unless the SBC adds all 3 of you 2 or 3 or 3 of 3 that are "connected" will be wrong.

We don't know that EKU is out b/c they just got a 15 mill. bond, we don't know that Liberty is out but we think they are b/c of politics, Jax St. is ready but already in a state w/ 2 teams so Lamar makes just as much sense if not better sense than them. We don't know that Mo St. is out after their upgrades. They always send smoke screens before the the papers are signed. So we don't know what info is real or misinformation. JMU might be out but if the MAC calls them and says no way no how, they might just "settle" for the SBC golden ticket.

But hey, if you're right, you can tell us all HAHA TOLD YA SO!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:28 pm 
Senior
Senior

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
playa4life wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
BePcr07 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:

I did, I sig bet friarfan that he had to put he's my b*tch for a month or 6 months if when the B1G expanded back 2010 or whenever, it would be to 12 w/ just Nebraska, he said 16. He lost, he didn't come through. On the CSN board, I bet NJredman the right to post that the ACC would raid the BE not the other way around, a week later Pitt and Cuse announced they're going to the ACC, he didn't come through either.

We are wrong sometimes but they are for the most part educated guesses not homer chest thumping w/ I know a guy who's connected bs, that if I had a nickel for every time I heard that I'd be a millionaire. Also more than a few Liberty people have said the same thing about their inside guy saying they're in. So has JMU fans claiming to be connected, but slowed their roll after the latest info/misinfo by ODU. So unless the SBC adds all 3 of you 2 or 3 or 3 of 3 that are "connected" will be wrong.

We don't know that EKU is out b/c they just got a 15 mill. bond, we don't know that Liberty is out but we think they are b/c of politics, Jax St. is ready but already in a state w/ 2 teams so Lamar makes just as much sense if not better sense than them. We don't know that Mo St. is out after their upgrades. They always send smoke screens before the the papers are signed. So we don't know what info is real or misinformation. JMU might be out but if the MAC calls them and says no way no how, they might just "settle" for the SBC golden ticket.

There is a lot more, for example Benson gave Lamar a too do list the last time he visited. I am extremely confident I will be saying I told you so.

EKU needs more than 15 million. Stadium expanded...Benson told Lamar 30k. EKU need to add 2 women sports. Lamar added 2 womens sports when they only needed to add 1 to play fcs. EKU needs to increase coaches pay...Lamar increased coaches pay to fbs late 2012. EKU need to increase athletic budget by at least 3 million.
That 15 million won't cover that cost especially since the 15 million wasn't for fbs upgrade. EKU is not ready to say yes to fbs in 30 days.

Liberty could have been invited months ago. SBC knew JMU was a no for some time.

Liberty no...EKU no. So who else? seriously, who else? please shut me up with something that is not overly reaching.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:20 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

playa4life wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
playa4life wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
BePcr07 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:

There is a lot more, for example Benson gave Lamar a too do list the last time he visited. I am extremely confident I will be saying I told you so.

EKU needs more than 15 million. Stadium expanded...Benson told Lamar 30k. EKU need to add 2 women sports. Lamar added 2 womens sports when they only needed to add 1 to play fcs. EKU needs to increase coaches pay...Lamar increased coaches pay to fbs late 2012. EKU need to increase athletic budget by at least 3 million.
That 15 million won't cover that cost especially since the 15 million wasn't for fbs upgrade. EKU is not ready to say yes to fbs in 30 days.

Liberty could have been invited months ago. SBC knew JMU was a no for some time.

Liberty no...EKU no. So who else? seriously, who else? please shut me up with something that is not overly reaching.

The only way you'll shut up is if it's not Lamar. So continue. EKU and Liberty aren't nos in my mind, neither is Jax St. or Lamar or Mo St. or even JMU who the SBC thought was a no but got new hope when UMass chose to leave the MAC, even if it was/is a false hope. They could stay at 11 if the NCAA allows the CCG w/ less than 12 to please B12. Like I said NMSU could be an all sports, opening a fb only for UMass or enter any other school named east of the Miss. to please the SBC east. For the record I hope Lamar gets it over Liberty, but not over the others, the reason has nothing to do w/ anything other than a SLC w/ 13 will likely add a UTRGV or a D-II school. A Big South w/ 11 would be looking for a 12th. An OVC w/ 11 would look to UNA or KSU for a 12th. A MVC w/ 9 will look for a 10th. Lamar or Liberty getting the spot probably kills SLC or BSC expansion. EKU or Mo St. or JMU would create more expansion.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:08 am 
Senior
Senior

That makes no sense. Adding Umas and NMSU all sport is like adding a school in all sports far outside the sbc footprint. One could argue that adding a Lamar would make it possible to for NMSU all sport. More schools closer to NMSU. Oh well, I guess Lamar is all dressed up with no where to go.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:45 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

playa4life wrote:
That makes no sense. Adding Umas and NMSU all sport is like adding a school in all sports far outside the sbc footprint. One could argue that adding a Lamar would make it possible to for NMSU all sport. More schools closer to NMSU. Oh well, I guess Lamar is all dressed up with no where to go.

NMSU was already a full member. I didn't say that's gonna happen, EKU, Liberty, JMU, Mo St. or stay at 11(if the NCAA rules you don't need 12 for a ccg). I think are more likely that NMSU/UMass. Jax St., Lamar just as likely as NMSU/UMass.

csn sbc board "final four" schools in the running for #12
http://csnbbs.com/thread-686641.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why Liberty is #12 or isn't, filled w/ "insiders" 293 pages and counting
http://csnbbs.com/thread-674364.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

go over there and start a thread about Lamar. Maybe they'll say oh yeah, what about them, or they'll say na.

Last edited by Fresno St. Alum on Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:52 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
playa4life wrote:

NMSU was already a full member. I didn't say that's gonna happen, EKU, Liberty, JMU, Mo St. or stay at 11(if the NCAA rules you don't need 12 for a ccg). I think are more likely that NMSU/UMass. Jax St., Lamar just as likely as NMSU/UMass.

Yup, as Fresno St. Alum said: New Mexico St. was a full member of the Sun Belt in the past (specifically from 2000-01 to 2004-05, along with North Texas and Middle Tennessee St.; who also joined from that same season; NMSU and UNT from the Big West, while MTSU from the OVC). Besides, that season was way before the Sun Belt started sponsoring FBS football in the 2001-02 season.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:55 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
playa4life wrote:

Yup, as Fresno St. Alum said: New Mexico St. was a full member of the Sun Belt in the past (specifically from 2000-01 to 2004-05, along with North Texas and Middle Tennessee St.; who also joined from that same season; NMSU and UNT from the Big West, while MTSU from the OVC). Besides, that season was way before the Sun Belt started sponsoring FBS football in the 2001-02 season.

Look Benson some how got Idaho a fb only in the SBC, at best I thought he'd maybe give NMSU one, the dude is loyal to the 2 that didn't jump ship, that he jumped himself. So if Liberty is the only option to them east of the Miss I bet he'll at least try to float the NMSU all sports and some fcs or UMass for fb only. The sbc eastern schools could say no but we'll see.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:04 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
playa4life wrote:

Look Benson some how got Idaho a fb only in the SBC, at best I thought he'd maybe give NMSU one, the dude is loyal to the 2 that didn't jump ship, that he jumped himself. So if Liberty is the only option to them east of the Miss I bet he'll at least try to float the NMSU all sports and some fcs or UMass for fb only. The sbc eastern schools could say no but we'll see.

You have a point right there. But only time will tell when the upcoming season starts, and the rest will remain to be seen. So far, the projected format would go look like this:

Sun Belt East - Appalachian St., Georgia Southern, Georgia St., South Alabama, Troy; Liberty?
Sun Belt West - Arkansas St., UL-Lafayette, UL-Monroe, Texas St.; UALR (non-fb), UTA (non-fb); Idaho (fb-only), New Mexico St. (fb-only)

But with NMSU full membership and UMass fb-only:

Sun Belt East - Appalachian St., Georgia Southern, Georgia St., South Alabama, Troy; Liberty?; UMass (fb-only)
Sun Belt West - Arkansas St., UL-Lafayette, UL-Monroe, Texas St., New Mexico St. ; UALR (non-fb), UTA (non-fb); Idaho (fb-only)

However, for non-football-sports' division alignment play, it'll be unbalanced with 5 Eastern and 7 Western, unless putting UALR on the Eastern side (or either UTA, UALR would go for football, which won't happen at all unfortunately).

Your thoughts or reviews Fres?

playa4life wrote:
Ok I get it. Lets continue the bury our head in the ground game. Hey, I hear North Florida is on the list.

North Florida? Does it have any credentials yet to even being FBS material (with or without football alike)?

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:14 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
playa4life wrote:

You have a point right there. But only time will tell when the upcoming season starts, and the rest will remain to be seen. So far, the projected format would go look like this:

Sun Belt East - Appalachian St., Georgia Southern, Georgia St., South Alabama, Troy; Liberty?
Sun Belt West - Arkansas St., UL-Lafayette, UL-Monroe, Texas St.; UALR (non-fb), UTA (non-fb); Idaho (fb-only), New Mexico St. (fb-only)

But with NMSU full membership and UMass fb-only:

Sun Belt East - Appalachian St., Georgia Southern, Georgia St., South Alabama, Troy; Liberty?; UMass (fb-only)
Sun Belt West - Arkansas St., UL-Lafayette, UL-Monroe, Texas St., New Mexico St. ; UALR (non-fb), UTA (non-fb); Idaho (fb-only)

However, for non-football-sports' division alignment play, it'll be unbalanced with 5 Eastern and 7 Western, unless putting UALR on the Eastern side (or either UTA, UALR would go for football, which won't happen at all unfortunately).

Your thoughts or reviews Fres?

playa4life wrote:

North Florida? Does it have any credentials yet to even being FBS material (with or without football alike)?

There should be no Liberty if you have UMass fb only. I think they'll have to add a full member in the east to get the votes to expand or hope that you can have a ccg w/ 11 and stay at 11 until someone good enough is ready. UNF doesn't have fb, not an option. Belmont, FGCU are better non fb options

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:19 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
There should be no Liberty if you have UMass fb only. I think they'll have to add a full member in the east to get the votes to expand or hope that you can have a ccg w/ 11 and stay at 11 until someone good enough is ready. UNF doesn't have fb, not an option. Belmont, FGCU are better non fb options

That's IF the NCAA approves this rule of having a CCG with 11 members. HOWEVER, that means that it should have division play for that to happen. Either 5 East/6 West or vice-versa.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:35 pm 
Senior
Senior

ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:

That's IF the NCAA approves this rule of having a CCG with 11 members. HOWEVER, that means that it should have division play for that to happen. Either 5 East/6 West or vice-versa.

Benson said sbc is going 12 even if rules change.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:42 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

playa4life wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:

Benson said sbc is going 12 even if rules change.

That's great news. I also hope it doesn't change so that the B12 will eventually cave. All the other conf. will be 1 vs 2 on the last week before playoffs while the B12 won't or will be luck if it is. Make the CCG winner of the big conf stronger wins that last week.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 97  Next