NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:24 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 88  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:04 pm 
Senior
Senior

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
playa4life wrote:
That makes no sense. Adding Umas and NMSU all sport is like adding a school in all sports far outside the sbc footprint. One could argue that adding a Lamar would make it possible to for NMSU all sport. More schools closer to NMSU. Oh well, I guess Lamar is all dressed up with no where to go.

NMSU was already a full member. I didn't say that's gonna happen, EKU, Liberty, JMU, Mo St. or stay at 11(if the NCAA rules you don't need 12 for a ccg). I think are more likely that NMSU/UMass. Jax St., Lamar just as likely as NMSU/UMass.

csn sbc board "final four" schools in the running for #12
http://csnbbs.com/thread-686641.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why Liberty is #12 or isn't, filled w/ "insiders" 293 pages and counting
http://csnbbs.com/thread-674364.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

go over there and start a thread about Lamar. Maybe they'll say oh yeah, what about them, or they'll say na.

And I am telling you No to Jax st. Jax st is a perfect fit for sbc if not for USA and Troy. I put nmsu/umass at less than 1%. Benson said over and over the 12th need to fill app st travel partner and keep travel within footprint. Lamar is not a travel partner with app st, unless ULM go east and app st travel partner with GSU. Lamar also put the sbc in SETX and Houston recruiting area. Lamar is just 1 hour drve from Houston. NMSU increases travel greatly with all sports and UMass increase football travel without helping in recruiting area. nmsu/umass is very very very unlikely to happen.

Lets say Lamar gets in this year. I can see in 1-2 years Idaho leaving, nmsu all sports, plus either a east coast team or mo st. I give the advantage to mo st because ark st and mo st are talking about being in same conference. SBC would be a travel friendly 12-14 conference. It makes sense. jax st is not going sbc in the next 30 days, neither is mo st, eku, or jmu. Mo st or eku could be ready in 2 years which matches the timeline Idaho could be forced out of the sbc via agreement. Putting my bias aside, the pieces fit perfectly.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:16 pm 
Senior
Senior

CSNBBS is all over the map. UTC said no, yet UTC is still in play. JMU said no, JMU said no to get fans mad so to force JMU into sbc. Mo st said no contact, mo st president was lying. CSNBBS has no credibility. According to recent thread, Jax st and EKU is the final 2 options. We both know Jax st is a no, yet csnbbs have them as a final option. With those guys, Monday will have JMU back on the table.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:36 pm 
Senior
Senior

Another poster heard the same thing I was told.

http://www.bigredinsider.com/index.php? ... ic=38802.0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:39 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

playa4life wrote:
CSNBBS is all over the map. UTC said no, yet UTC is still in play. JMU said no, JMU said no to get fans mad so to force JMU into sbc. Mo st said no contact, mo st president was lying. CSNBBS has no credibility. According to recent thread, Jax st and EKU is the final 2 options. We both know Jax st is a no, yet csnbbs have them as a final option. With those guys, Monday will have JMU back on the table.

I'm not saying Lamar is out at all, I thought they were going to get in the WAC when they still had hope as a fb conf. It's just strange, no talk about them what so ever. Even UTC that said they're not interested in moving up has got more talk. It's just odd if Lamar is in the running, why have there been no leaks. We heard leaks w/ Lamar and the WAC so why none here. I wish they'd hurry already.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:41 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

playa4life wrote:
Another poster heard the same thing I was told.

http://www.bigredinsider.com/index.php? ... ic=38802.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I get that, but every fan base in the running has insiders and heard things and are in the know, Liberty more than any saying they're the chosen one. It's better to not say you're and insider and just this is how I(you) think it's gonna go down.

Your board also says SHSU is coming too, uh na. It says JMU to CUSA, doubt they go to 16, MAC still more likely than CUSA for JMU if they move up in the next year or 2. That's also from Dec. 2013.

Here's a Lamar "insider" on the sbc board. You board has a thread called sun belt telling him to shut up about about Lamar already.
http://csnbbs.com/thread-684416.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:55 pm 
Senior
Senior

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
playa4life wrote:

I'm not saying Lamar is out at all, I thought they were going to get in the WAC when they still had hope as a fb conf. It's just strange, no talk about them what so ever. Even UTC that said they're not interested in moving up has got more talk. It's just odd if Lamar is in the running, why have there been no leaks. We heard leaks w/ Lamar and the WAC so why none here. I wish they'd hurry already.

Because leaks about Lamar is met with hostility. I mentioned what an admin told me, which is a leak, yet everyone chooses to ignore or dismiss it. It becomes not worth mentioning to a bunch of know-nothing know it all. However the clues are still there. Why did Lamar raise it's budget to a mid sbc budget? Why give a losing fcs coach a fbs raise? why was I told in a parking lot back in January Lamar was going to the sbc this year? why lie to me if not true? why Lamar was given a too do list? Can you at least see why my eye brows are up.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:03 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

If Lamar isn't #12 then you have to put this quote about a bunch of know-nothing know it alls in your sig...LOL.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:48 pm 
Senior
Senior

tkalmus wrote:
If Lamar isn't #12 then you have to put this quote about a bunch of know-nothing know it alls in your sig...LOL.

Ok I will. I try my hardest to put bias aside because I don't want to get my hopes up, but my calculations points to Lamar. Nobody will put forth a reasonable alternative.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:23 am 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Lamar doesn't have the votes. Louisiana and Texas State joined the Sun Belt to get away from the Southland schools it sees as beneath them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:45 am 
All-Star
All-Star

I suggest that most of us must go to Wikipedia and find the profile articles of BOTH the Sun Belt and the Southland, then look at their respective conference history membership timelines, and eventually make any comparison to apply any conclusion for possible candidate expansion. To my understanding, most of the current and recently-former Sun Belt members were from the Southland.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:40 am 
Senior
Senior

wbyeager wrote:
Lamar doesn't have the votes. Louisiana and Texas State joined the Sun Belt to get away from the Southland schools it sees as beneath them.
See what I mean. After explaining about Lamar and Texas st being both TSUS schools and no TSUS school would vote to stop/hurt another. Do you now understand Fresno? Do you see what I mean. The same false information will be repeated over and over even after I explained it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:42 am 
Senior
Senior

wbyeager wrote:

Where did you get this information? CSNBBS?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:28 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

Someone that I know close to the situation has said that and I quote "It's Liberty or nobody." Apparently the Sun Belt presidents are going to tour the campus in Lynchburg and vote in late May. While I would rather have Lamar or Jax St or any of those schools I don't think Liberty is terrible for the conference. It's possible it's not true but that is from somebody in the Sun Belt offices.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:17 am 
All-Star
All-Star

I said if it's Lamar I'll give you your props, but I won't jump on your bandwagon until after they're invited, like I said 2 of 3 or 3 of 3 fan bases w/ insiders are going to be wrong. All have their "proof" that they are the chosen one. We know it all know nothings have a pretty solid record of figuring who will go where, the trick is we can do it w/ all 351 D-I schools, not just our school. That makes us different that makes this site what it is and not the SBC board or enter your fan site that has hopes of joining conferences. I do it for D-I, D-II and NAIA. I leave D-III to GsoHokie. Sure we are wrong sometimes, some are impossible to figure. No one I know had UMKC to the WAC before it leaked. No one had UNO to D-III then D-II and back to D-I in a couple years. Most of us thought the Pac 16 was done b/c Dodds said so, then A&M killed it.

I'm still waiting for praise b/c I was the only one that said Tiffin would join the GLIAC and all of GLIAC fans said no F'ing way. They got in, I got no love. I'll live.

I played the predict which NAIA schools will get accepted to D-II, one year, I won, I got 7 of the 8(the 1 I missed got in the next year). I did get props but it's not fair b/c they don't follow realignment like me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:30 am 
Senior
Senior

I am not asking you to jump on the bandwagon, I am just adding to the guessing. I was told back in January yet I didn't scream it on this site. I mentioned after all the front runners began to fall. Now there is no one left. CNBBS is now saying EKU or JSU will be the 12th. NOWAY EITHER.
JSU 0.001% and EKU 5% at most. And for UMASS, no chance at all.

The know it all know nothing was for csnbbs. We are all guessing, nothing wrong with that, but csnbbs is hard core arrogant and you better not disagree with them. All I say is just view all possibilities with an open mind.

My prediction on UMKC, back to the Summit. Chicago st might go too. UT-RG to the Southland.

Long shot, UALR to summit. Longer shot UTA to summit.

Lamar st, adds football.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 88  Next