NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:50 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 94  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:38 am 
All-Star
All-Star

playa4life wrote:
My prediction...
Lamar st, adds football.

What?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:57 am 
All-Star
All-Star

playa4life wrote:
I am not asking you to jump on the bandwagon, I am just adding to the guessing. I was told back in January yet I didn't scream it on this site. I mentioned after all the front runners began to fall. Now there is no one left. CNBBS is now saying EKU or JSU will be the 12th. NOWAY EITHER.
JSU 0.001% and EKU 5% at most. And for UMASS, no chance at all.

The know it all know nothing was for csnbbs. We are all guessing, nothing wrong with that, but csnbbs is hard core arrogant and you better not disagree with them. All I say is just view all possibilities with an open mind.

My prediction on UMKC, back to the Summit. Chicago st might go too. UT-RG to the Southland.

Long shot, UALR to summit. Longer shot UTA to summit.

Lamar st, adds football.

I doubt that UALR and UTA would be in the Summit. I think they'll stay (DESPITE that they won't have football, which I hate/refuse to admit). Besides, the Summit's footprint is mostly Midwest, plus Denver. Speaking of predictions, with yours right there, like you're trying to break the WAC? lol

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:51 am 
Senior
Senior

ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
playa4life wrote:
I am not asking you to jump on the bandwagon, I am just adding to the guessing. I was told back in January yet I didn't scream it on this site. I mentioned after all the front runners began to fall. Now there is no one left. CNBBS is now saying EKU or JSU will be the 12th. NOWAY EITHER.

The know it all know nothing was for csnbbs. We are all guessing, nothing wrong with that, but csnbbs is hard core arrogant and you better not disagree with them. All I say is just view all possibilities with an open mind.

My prediction on UMKC, back to the Summit. Chicago st might go too. UT-RG to the Southland.

Lamar st, adds football.

I doubt that UALR and UTA would be in the Summit. I think they'll stay (DESPITE that they won't have football, which I hate/refuse to admit). Besides, the Summit's footprint is mostly Midwest, plus Denver. Speaking of predictions, with yours right there, like you're trying to break the WAC? lol

UALR fits the Summit footprint. I do think wac is in trouble.

I just checked out csnbbs. They are lost. Don't know where to find a 12th....lol.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:04 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

playa4life wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
playa4life wrote:

Lamar st, adds football.

UALR fits the Summit footprint. I do think wac is in trouble.

I just checked out csnbbs. They are lost. Don't know where to find a 12th....lol.

No disrespect, but I disagree about UALR. I think that they should stay in the Sun Belt (and/or plan to develop an interest on having football, which has a great football stadium facility with the school's alumni' fan support) or return back to the A-Sun.

And at least you understand my point of the WAC, with only New Mexico St., Chicago St., UTPA, Seattle, Utah Valley and Cal St. Bakersfield as full D-I members, while having a former D-II school on a transitional period in Grand Canyon and Idaho leaving for the Big Sky. I'm sure that NMSU will be next to leave the WAC and possibly re-join the Sun Belt with full membership on an uncertain future.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:50 pm 
Senior
Senior

NMSU joining the SunBelt for all sports could be sensible. The MWC isn't calling. Idaho really needs to look at going Big Sky again with everything if SunBelt fb-only is their only fb option for FBS. They are not up to swinging it as a fb independent either.

The SunBelt also needs to stop acting desperate for number 12. It doesn't help their image. Wait till somebody is found they can all settle on.

As to UALR and others without a fb program, they can't just declare they want one and it happens. It takes money some just don't have available. It takes a commitment and a reasonable plan. For a state school, politics can be a huge factor. Boosters and influence need to be apparent. They need to have a promise of where they can be absorbed in a given time-line. Resources have to be there to sustain it.

Most places, fb is not profitable, even among the big-timer ranks. They may say it helps with exposure and attracting students, but costs can cut deeply into general operating funds, student fees, and what's available for academics and related.

Last edited by louisvillecard01 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:58 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

louisvillecard01 wrote:
The SunBelt also needs to stop acting desperate for number 12. It doesn't help their image. Wait till somebody is found they can all settle on.

You mean, like following the AAC's footsteps for this upcoming season (which that conference also has 11 full members before fb-only Navy joins in 2015).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:05 pm 
Senior
Senior

ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
louisvillecard01 wrote:

You mean, like following the AAC's footsteps for this upcoming season (which that conference also has 11 full members before fb-only Navy joins in 2015).

Basically, if the circumstances strongly suggest it.

The SunBelt may have some unbalanced scheduling for the time, but the MAC has dealt with that considerably. The B1G handled 11 for years. What's the rush to have a CCG in the SunBelt? There would be TV revenue for it, but...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:09 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

louisvillecard01 wrote:
ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
louisvillecard01 wrote:

Basically, if the circumstances strongly suggest it.

The SunBelt may have some unbalanced scheduling for the time, but the MAC has dealt with that considerably. The B1G handled 11 for years. What's the rush to have a CCG in the SunBelt? There would be TV revenue for it, but...

You have a value but logic point right there. But correctly if I'm wrong, but what would happen if the NCAA decides to put 9 conference-play game schedules to all conferences with 3 non-conference games? Would that affect those conferences with 12+ members (minus the Pac-12 and Big 12)?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:30 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

playa4life wrote:

Lamar st, adds football.

Wouldn't the SLC just stay at 12 if Lamar leaves? UTRGV will be stuck in the WAC. UMKC and WAC site have been talking about UMKC going back, makes a ton of sense. Summit commish wants the conf. to have 10-14 members.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:27 pm 
Senior
Senior

I hate to be wrong so I look for reasons why Lamar won't be the 12th, yet I keep finding reasons Lamar is the 12th.

CSNBBS finally realize JSU is not the 12th so EKU is now the chosen one. They now have a thread with EKU applying for sbc membership and EKU hiring a fund raiser. I wonder if they know EKU would be the 5th fbs in a state with only 4.3 million. Kentucky would surpass Alabama as the college football capital.

I must be so bias because I don't see it happening.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:33 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

playa4life wrote:
I hate to be wrong so I look for reasons why Lamar won't be the 12th, yet I keep finding reasons Lamar is the 12th.

CSNBBS finally realize JSU is not the 12th so EKU is now the chosen one. They now have a thread with EKU applying for sbc membership and EKU hiring a fund raiser. I wonder if they know EKU would be the 5th fbs in a state with only 4.3 million. Kentucky would surpass Alabama as the college football capital.

So you don't see Jacksonville St. as a possible expansion candidate? Only either Lamar, Liberty and/or Eastern Kentucky?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:38 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Wouldn't the SLC just stay at 12 if Lamar leaves? UTRGV will be stuck in the WAC. UMKC and WAC site have been talking about UMKC going back, makes a ton of sense. Summit commish wants the conf. to have 10-14 members.

Yep

W/O Lamar

East - UCA, NWSU, SELU, McNeese, Nicholls + NOLA (non fb)
West - ACU, SFA, SHSU, HBU, UIW + TAMUCC (non fb)

Perfect balance 5/5 in fb and 6/6 in bball, Texas all in one division and Louisiana+UCA in the other. No need for UTGRV or any D2s

W/ Lamar

East - UCA, NWSU, SELU, McNeese, Nicholls + NOLA (non fb) + Lamar
West - ACU, SFA, SHSU, HBU, UIW + TAMUCC (non fb) + ?UTRGV (nonfb)? or ?Tarleton St (DII w/ fb)?

13 for all sports, 11 for fb...
UTRGV gives them 14 in non fb but still uneven numbers & unbalance football divisions, while a school like Tarleton St or West TAMU would give them 14 in all sports and 12 in fb.

If Oral Roberts had stayed in the SLC then I think UTRGV would be the obvious pick, but with or without Lamar I think they are a longshot at best unless the State gets invovled as UTRGV is getting lots of publicity.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:35 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

playa4life wrote:

CA only has 7 FBS schools and the biggest population in the US. Yet we have 24 bball schools, most in D-I. I just chalk it up to the south loves college fb. and Alabama and Kentucky can pull that off.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:34 pm 
Senior
Senior

ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
playa4life wrote:

So you don't see Jacksonville St. as a possible expansion candidate? Only either Lamar, Liberty and/or Eastern Kentucky?

I don't see Jacksonville getting invited because SBC already has 2 other Alabama schools.
EKU would fit the SBC, Pro's and Con's balance each other out, however EKU can not commit to FBS in
30 days. If SBC delay the 12th 2 years, EKU could get the invite. But invite is in 30 days, not 2 years.
Liberty totally different type of school compare to other sbc schools. Private, religious, and online heavy. SBC schools want to find a school similar to other sbc schools.
Mo st...see EKU.
jmu, coastal, utc, and shsu all no's.

That leaves Lamar. Lamar already a mid sbc budget, already pay coaches fbs salary, already enough women sports, a 30k football stadium plans from the near wac invite. Common sense can be wrong, but common sense says Lamar will get the invite.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:44 pm 
Senior
Senior

tkalmus wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:

Yep

W/O Lamar

East - UCA, NWSU, SELU, McNeese, Nicholls + NOLA (non fb)
West - ACU, SFA, SHSU, HBU, UIW + TAMUCC (non fb)

Perfect balance 5/5 in fb and 6/6 in bball, Texas all in one division and Louisiana+UCA in the other. No need for UTGRV or any D2s

W/ Lamar

East - UCA, NWSU, SELU, McNeese, Nicholls + NOLA (non fb) + Lamar
West - ACU, SFA, SHSU, HBU, UIW + TAMUCC (non fb) + ?UTRGV (nonfb)? or ?Tarleton St (DII w/ fb)?

13 for all sports, 11 for fb...
UTRGV gives them 14 in non fb but still uneven numbers & unbalance football divisions, while a school like Tarleton St or West TAMU would give them 14 in all sports and 12 in fb.

If Oral Roberts had stayed in the SLC then I think UTRGV would be the obvious pick, but with or without Lamar I think they are a longshot at best unless the State gets invovled as UTRGV is getting lots of publicity.

Excellent point and I agree, but something else will happen that will allow UTRGV to go Southland.
why? UTRGV will add football and the big money coming with the new UTRGV. Lamar leave, southland will add UTRGV and another school or lose a school like cash struggling Nichols st.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 94  Next