NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:12 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 95  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:16 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7455
Article out of Owl country with comments from SBC Commish regarding today's GSU/SBC announcement and "possibility" of more SBC additions within the next 90-120 days.Link at www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fau-owls/sf ... 1167.story


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:12 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:25 pm
Posts: 1731
Thanks for the post, Freaked !

One would think Benson's next moves will likely occur in Late June (65-80 days out).

MWC - CUSA whatever is planned to be finalized in Early June, according to those 2 commissioners.

And it is highly likely that they (the CUSA side) will, in fact, grab a fw Sun-Belt schools.

So Benson and the Sun-Belt are waiting on MWC-CUSA until they know the post MWCUSA expansion landscape.
Then the Sun-Belt would like to be in position to announce their re-stocking no later than June 30th,
so that their new line-up can be in place starting in July, 2013.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:23 am 
Online
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:05 am
Posts: 3813
tute79 wrote:
Thanks for the post, Freaked !

One would think Benson's next moves will likely occur in Late June (65-80 days out).

MWC - CUSA whatever is planned to be finalized in Early June, according to those 2 commissioners.

And it is highly likely that they (the CUSA side) will, in fact, grab a fw Sun-Belt schools.

So Benson and the Sun-Belt are waiting on MWC-CUSA until they know the post MWCUSA expansion landscape.
Then the Sun-Belt would like to be in position to announce their re-stocking no later than June 30th,
so that their new line-up can be in place starting in July, 2013.


right on.

Just to put it into perspective of how things COULD look, based on recent developments:

CUSA/MWC: either a full merge or divisional split, could very well look like this:

CUSA/MWC Alliance or Merger:

CUSA "Division":
Marshall
ECU
* FIU
UAB
USM
Tulane
Tulsa
Rice
* North Texas
UTEP


MWC "Division":
New Mexico
Colorado St.
Air Force
Wyoming
UNLV
Nevada
Fresno St.
* Utah St.
* San Jose St.
~Hawaii (FB only)






Sun Belt Conference:
EAST:
FAU
* Georgia St.
* Charlotte
WKU
MTSU
Troy

WEST:
South Alabama
ULL
ULM
* LA Tech
Arkansas St.
~UALR (non-football member)
* UTSA





WAC:
Only remaining schools = New Mexico St., Idaho, Texas St.

If the NCAA were to step in, I could see some setup where they compensate the CUSA/MWC into taking NMSU and Idaho for FB only, and the Sun Belt to take Texas St. for FB only. But it's a stretch to envision the NCAA even caring enough for that.

_________________
Image

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Image
Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:38 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
Quinn wrote:
tute79 wrote:
Thanks for the post, Freaked !

One would think Benson's next moves will likely occur in Late June (65-80 days out).

MWC - CUSA whatever is planned to be finalized in Early June, according to those 2 commissioners.

And it is highly likely that they (the CUSA side) will, in fact, grab a fw Sun-Belt schools.

So Benson and the Sun-Belt are waiting on MWC-CUSA until they know the post MWCUSA expansion landscape.
Then the Sun-Belt would like to be in position to announce their re-stocking no later than June 30th,
so that their new line-up can be in place starting in July, 2013.


right on.

Just to put it into perspective of how things COULD look, based on recent developments:

CUSA/MWC: either a full merge or divisional split, could very well look like this:

CUSA/MWC Alliance or Merger:

CUSA "Division":
Marshall
ECU
* FIU
UAB
USM
Tulane
Tulsa
Rice
* North Texas
UTEP


MWC "Division":
New Mexico
Colorado St.
Air Force
Wyoming
UNLV
Nevada
Fresno St.
* Utah St.
* San Jose St.
~Hawaii (FB only)






Sun Belt Conference:
EAST:
FAU
* Georgia St.
* Charlotte
WKU
MTSU
Troy

WEST:
South Alabama
ULL
ULM
* LA Tech
Arkansas St.
~UALR (non-football member)
* UTSA





WAC:
Only remaining schools = New Mexico St., Idaho, Texas St.

If the NCAA were to step in, I could see some setup where they compensate the CUSA/MWC into taking NMSU and Idaho for FB only, and the Sun Belt to take Texas St. for FB only. But it's a stretch to envision the NCAA even caring enough for that.

I don't see it, if you have 12/10 they can't really have a title game. The west would need a semi final(not happening) or not have div. If they went 11/11, they'd need to move UNM to the east. I don't see that either.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:00 pm 
Online
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:05 am
Posts: 3813
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Quinn wrote:
tute79 wrote:
Thanks for the post, Freaked !

One would think Benson's next moves will likely occur in Late June (65-80 days out).

MWC - CUSA whatever is planned to be finalized in Early June, according to those 2 commissioners.

And it is highly likely that they (the CUSA side) will, in fact, grab a fw Sun-Belt schools.

So Benson and the Sun-Belt are waiting on MWC-CUSA until they know the post MWCUSA expansion landscape.
Then the Sun-Belt would like to be in position to announce their re-stocking no later than June 30th,
so that their new line-up can be in place starting in July, 2013.


right on.

Just to put it into perspective of how things COULD look, based on recent developments:

CUSA/MWC: either a full merge or divisional split, could very well look like this:

CUSA/MWC Alliance or Merger:

CUSA "Division":
Marshall
ECU
* FIU
UAB
USM
Tulane
Tulsa
Rice
* North Texas
UTEP


MWC "Division":
New Mexico
Colorado St.
Air Force
Wyoming
UNLV
Nevada
Fresno St.
* Utah St.
* San Jose St.
~Hawaii (FB only)






Sun Belt Conference:
EAST:
FAU
* Georgia St.
* Charlotte
WKU
MTSU
Troy

WEST:
South Alabama
ULL
ULM
* LA Tech
Arkansas St.
~UALR (non-football member)
* UTSA





WAC:
Only remaining schools = New Mexico St., Idaho, Texas St.

If the NCAA were to step in, I could see some setup where they compensate the CUSA/MWC into taking NMSU and Idaho for FB only, and the Sun Belt to take Texas St. for FB only. But it's a stretch to envision the NCAA even caring enough for that.

I don't see it, if you have 12/10 they can't really have a title game. The west would need a semi final(not happening) or not have div. If they went 11/11, they'd need to move UNM to the east. I don't see that either.



You lost me. Are you talkin' about CUSA/MWC? It's 10 and 10 for 20 total.

For Sunbelt, it's 12 football, 13 with UALR.

_________________
Image

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Image
Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:54 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
Quinn wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Quinn wrote:
tute79 wrote:
Thanks for the post, Freaked !

One would think Benson's next moves will likely occur in Late June (65-80 days out).

MWC - CUSA whatever is planned to be finalized in Early June, according to those 2 commissioners.

And it is highly likely that they (the CUSA side) will, in fact, grab a fw Sun-Belt schools.

So Benson and the Sun-Belt are waiting on MWC-CUSA until they know the post MWCUSA expansion landscape.
Then the Sun-Belt would like to be in position to announce their re-stocking no later than June 30th,
so that their new line-up can be in place starting in July, 2013.


right on.

Just to put it into perspective of how things COULD look, based on recent developments:

CUSA/MWC: either a full merge or divisional split, could very well look like this:

CUSA/MWC Alliance or Merger:

CUSA "Division":
Marshall
ECU
* FIU
UAB
USM
Tulane
Tulsa
Rice
* North Texas
UTEP


MWC "Division":
New Mexico
Colorado St.
Air Force
Wyoming
UNLV
Nevada
Fresno St.
* Utah St.
* San Jose St.
~Hawaii (FB only)






Sun Belt Conference:
EAST:
FAU
* Georgia St.
* Charlotte
WKU
MTSU
Troy

WEST:
South Alabama
ULL
ULM
* LA Tech
Arkansas St.
~UALR (non-football member)
* UTSA





WAC:
Only remaining schools = New Mexico St., Idaho, Texas St.

If the NCAA were to step in, I could see some setup where they compensate the CUSA/MWC into taking NMSU and Idaho for FB only, and the Sun Belt to take Texas St. for FB only. But it's a stretch to envision the NCAA even caring enough for that.

I don't see it, if you have 12/10 they can't really have a title game. The west would need a semi final(not happening) or not have div. If they went 11/11, they'd need to move UNM to the east. I don't see that either.



You lost me. Are you talkin' about CUSA/MWC? It's 10 and 10 for 20 total.

For Sunbelt, it's 12 football, 13 with UALR.

You said you could see the CUSMW take NMSU and Idaho for fb only. I said I don't. they'd either have to do 11/11 and move UNM to the east and play 9 teams they don't care about every year and UTEP. or have 12/10 and not have 2 western div of 6. Or have 2 western div of 6 followed by a semi final(not allowed) then play the winner of the east.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:29 pm 
Online
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:05 am
Posts: 3813
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Quinn wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Quinn wrote:
tute79 wrote:
Thanks for the post, Freaked !

One would think Benson's next moves will likely occur in Late June (65-80 days out).

MWC - CUSA whatever is planned to be finalized in Early June, according to those 2 commissioners.

And it is highly likely that they (the CUSA side) will, in fact, grab a fw Sun-Belt schools.

So Benson and the Sun-Belt are waiting on MWC-CUSA until they know the post MWCUSA expansion landscape.
Then the Sun-Belt would like to be in position to announce their re-stocking no later than June 30th,
so that their new line-up can be in place starting in July, 2013.


right on.

Just to put it into perspective of how things COULD look, based on recent developments:

CUSA/MWC: either a full merge or divisional split, could very well look like this:

CUSA/MWC Alliance or Merger:

CUSA "Division":
Marshall
ECU
* FIU
UAB
USM
Tulane
Tulsa
Rice
* North Texas
UTEP


MWC "Division":
New Mexico
Colorado St.
Air Force
Wyoming
UNLV
Nevada
Fresno St.
* Utah St.
* San Jose St.
~Hawaii (FB only)






Sun Belt Conference:
EAST:
FAU
* Georgia St.
* Charlotte
WKU
MTSU
Troy

WEST:
South Alabama
ULL
ULM
* LA Tech
Arkansas St.
~UALR (non-football member)
* UTSA





WAC:
Only remaining schools = New Mexico St., Idaho, Texas St.

If the NCAA were to step in, I could see some setup where they compensate the CUSA/MWC into taking NMSU and Idaho for FB only, and the Sun Belt to take Texas St. for FB only. But it's a stretch to envision the NCAA even caring enough for that.

I don't see it, if you have 12/10 they can't really have a title game. The west would need a semi final(not happening) or not have div. If they went 11/11, they'd need to move UNM to the east. I don't see that either.



You lost me. Are you talkin' about CUSA/MWC? It's 10 and 10 for 20 total.

For Sunbelt, it's 12 football, 13 with UALR.

You said you could see the CUSMW take NMSU and Idaho for fb only. I said I don't. they'd either have to do 11/11 and move UNM to the east and play 9 teams they don't care about every year and UTEP. or have 12/10 and not have 2 western div of 6. Or have 2 western div of 6 followed by a semi final(not allowed) then play the winner of the east.


Oh, that. Yeah, I don't think there exists a bigger longshot in the history of conference realignment...since I could not see the NCAA ever getting involved to the point where a conference would actually listen to them. So yes, I agree.

_________________
Image

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Image
Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:13 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7455
Articles out of San Antonio(previously posted in another thread)discussing SBC realignment.Link at http://blog.mysanantonio.com/utsa/2012/ ... culation-2
and at http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/coll ... 478948.php


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:30 pm 
Offline
Senior
Senior

Joined: Tue May 06, 2003 5:30 pm
Posts: 178
Location: Greensboro, NC
(posted on CUSA thread)

Quote:
The North Texas board of regents delegated authority to president Lane Rawlins to examine the school's options in conference alignment and quickly move to a new league should the opportunity present itself Wednesday night.


http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:47 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7455
CSNBBS MB thread(previously posted in another thread)discussing CBSSports report of C-USA expansion at the expense of the SBC at http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=567388


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:00 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7455
UNCC blog article with comments from UNCC AD regarding that school's desire to move to a FBS league like C-USA or the SBC. Link at http://gmine.blogspot.com/2012/04/confe ... n-for.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:19 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7455
Blog article out of San Antonio with comments from SBC Commish regarding SBC/Texas State possibility.Link at http://blog.mysanantonio.com/the-local- ... it-and-see


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:31 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
Texas St. to the Sun Belt

http://texasstate.rivals.com/default.asp

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:53 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7455
Blog article out of San Antonio also reporting that SBC will be adding Texas State along with UT Arlington for 2013-2014.The Texas State announcement is expected either on Wednesday or Thursday of this week.Link at http://blog.mysanantonio.com/the-local- ... -arlington


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:50 pm 
Offline
Freshman
Freshman
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:33 pm
Posts: 45
Location: Newnan, Georgia
freaked4collegefb wrote:
Blog article out of San Antonio also reporting that SBC will be adding Texas State along with UT Arlington for 2013-2014.The Texas State announcement is expected either on Wednesday or Thursday of this week.Link at http://blog.mysanantonio.com/the-local- ... -arlington


Is UT Arlington still thinking about adding football?

_________________
RODGERS
MATHEWS
2012


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 95  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
 

 

cron




Looking for College Sports apparel? Support our partner:








Support Our Partners: Search Engine Marketing - Search Engine Optimization - Search Engine Training - Online Marketing for Restuarants

Subway Map Shirts - Food and Travel

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group