NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:12 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 95  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:16 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Owl country with comments from SBC Commish regarding today's GSU/SBC announcement and "possibility" of more SBC additions within the next 90-120 days.Link at www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fau-owls/sf ... 1167.story

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:12 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Thanks for the post, Freaked !

One would think Benson's next moves will likely occur in Late June (65-80 days out).

MWC - CUSA whatever is planned to be finalized in Early June, according to those 2 commissioners.

And it is highly likely that they (the CUSA side) will, in fact, grab a fw Sun-Belt schools.

So Benson and the Sun-Belt are waiting on MWC-CUSA until they know the post MWCUSA expansion landscape.
Then the Sun-Belt would like to be in position to announce their re-stocking no later than June 30th,
so that their new line-up can be in place starting in July, 2013.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:23 am 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

tute79 wrote:

One would think Benson's next moves will likely occur in Late June (65-80 days out).

MWC - CUSA whatever is planned to be finalized in Early June, according to those 2 commissioners.

And it is highly likely that they (the CUSA side) will, in fact, grab a fw Sun-Belt schools.

So Benson and the Sun-Belt are waiting on MWC-CUSA until they know the post MWCUSA expansion landscape.
Then the Sun-Belt would like to be in position to announce their re-stocking no later than June 30th,

right on.

Just to put it into perspective of how things COULD look, based on recent developments:

CUSA/MWC: either a full merge or divisional split, could very well look like this:

CUSA/MWC Alliance or Merger:

CUSA "Division":
Marshall
ECU
* FIU
UAB
USM
Tulane
Tulsa
Rice
* North Texas
UTEP

MWC "Division":
New Mexico
Colorado St.
Air Force
Wyoming
UNLV
Nevada
Fresno St.
* Utah St.
* San Jose St.
~Hawaii (FB only)

Sun Belt Conference:
EAST:
FAU
* Georgia St.
* Charlotte
WKU
MTSU
Troy

WEST:
South Alabama
ULL
ULM
* LA Tech
Arkansas St.
~UALR (non-football member)
* UTSA

WAC:
Only remaining schools = New Mexico St., Idaho, Texas St.

If the NCAA were to step in, I could see some setup where they compensate the CUSA/MWC into taking NMSU and Idaho for FB only, and the Sun Belt to take Texas St. for FB only. But it's a stretch to envision the NCAA even caring enough for that.

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:38 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Quinn wrote:
tute79 wrote:

right on.

Just to put it into perspective of how things COULD look, based on recent developments:

CUSA/MWC: either a full merge or divisional split, could very well look like this:

CUSA "Division":
Marshall
ECU
* FIU
UAB
USM
Tulane
Tulsa
Rice
* North Texas
UTEP

MWC "Division":
New Mexico
Colorado St.
Air Force
Wyoming
UNLV
Nevada
Fresno St.
* Utah St.
* San Jose St.
~Hawaii (FB only)

Sun Belt Conference:
EAST:
FAU
* Georgia St.
* Charlotte
WKU
MTSU
Troy

WEST:
South Alabama
ULL
ULM
* LA Tech
Arkansas St.
* UTSA

WAC:

If the NCAA were to step in, I could see some setup where they compensate the CUSA/MWC into taking NMSU and Idaho for FB only, and the Sun Belt to take Texas St. for FB only. But it's a stretch to envision the NCAA even caring enough for that.

I don't see it, if you have 12/10 they can't really have a title game. The west would need a semi final(not happening) or not have div. If they went 11/11, they'd need to move UNM to the east. I don't see that either.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:00 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Quinn wrote:
tute79 wrote:

right on.

CUSA "Division":
Marshall
ECU
* FIU
UAB
USM
Tulane
Tulsa
Rice
* North Texas
UTEP

MWC "Division":
New Mexico
Colorado St.
Air Force
Wyoming
UNLV
Nevada
Fresno St.
* Utah St.
* San Jose St.
~Hawaii (FB only)

Sun Belt Conference:
EAST:
FAU
* Georgia St.
* Charlotte
WKU
MTSU
Troy

WEST:
South Alabama
ULL
ULM
* LA Tech
Arkansas St.
* UTSA

WAC:

I don't see it, if you have 12/10 they can't really have a title game. The west would need a semi final(not happening) or not have div. If they went 11/11, they'd need to move UNM to the east. I don't see that either.

You lost me. Are you talkin' about CUSA/MWC? It's 10 and 10 for 20 total.

For Sunbelt, it's 12 football, 13 with UALR.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:54 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Quinn wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Quinn wrote:
tute79 wrote:

right on.

CUSA "Division":
Marshall
ECU
* FIU
UAB
USM
Tulane
Tulsa
Rice
* North Texas
UTEP

MWC "Division":
New Mexico
Colorado St.
Air Force
Wyoming
UNLV
Nevada
Fresno St.
* Utah St.
* San Jose St.
~Hawaii (FB only)

Sun Belt Conference:
EAST:
FAU
* Georgia St.
* Charlotte
WKU
MTSU
Troy

WEST:
South Alabama
ULL
ULM
* LA Tech
Arkansas St.
* UTSA

WAC:

You said you could see the CUSMW take NMSU and Idaho for fb only. I said I don't. they'd either have to do 11/11 and move UNM to the east and play 9 teams they don't care about every year and UTEP. or have 12/10 and not have 2 western div of 6. Or have 2 western div of 6 followed by a semi final(not allowed) then play the winner of the east.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:29 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Quinn wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Quinn wrote:
tute79 wrote:

right on.

CUSA "Division":
Marshall
ECU
* FIU
UAB
USM
Tulane
Tulsa
Rice
* North Texas
UTEP

MWC "Division":
New Mexico
Colorado St.
Air Force
Wyoming
UNLV
Nevada
Fresno St.
* Utah St.
* San Jose St.
~Hawaii (FB only)

Sun Belt Conference:
EAST:
FAU
* Georgia St.
* Charlotte
WKU
MTSU
Troy

WEST:
South Alabama
ULL
ULM
* LA Tech
Arkansas St.
* UTSA

WAC:

You said you could see the CUSMW take NMSU and Idaho for fb only. I said I don't. they'd either have to do 11/11 and move UNM to the east and play 9 teams they don't care about every year and UTEP. or have 12/10 and not have 2 western div of 6. Or have 2 western div of 6 followed by a semi final(not allowed) then play the winner of the east.

Oh, that. Yeah, I don't think there exists a bigger longshot in the history of conference realignment...since I could not see the NCAA ever getting involved to the point where a conference would actually listen to them. So yes, I agree.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:13 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Articles out of San Antonio(previously posted in another thread)discussing SBC realignment.Link at http://blog.mysanantonio.com/utsa/2012/ ... culation-2
and at http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/coll ... 478948.php

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:30 pm 
Senior
Senior

(posted on CUSA thread)

Quote:
The North Texas board of regents delegated authority to president Lane Rawlins to examine the school's options in conference alignment and quickly move to a new league should the opportunity present itself Wednesday night.

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:47 am 
All-Star
All-Star

CSNBBS MB thread(previously posted in another thread)discussing CBSSports report of C-USA expansion at the expense of the SBC at http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=567388

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:00 am 
All-Star
All-Star

UNCC blog article with comments from UNCC AD regarding that school's desire to move to a FBS league like C-USA or the SBC. Link at http://gmine.blogspot.com/2012/04/confe ... n-for.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:19 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Blog article out of San Antonio with comments from SBC Commish regarding SBC/Texas State possibility.Link at http://blog.mysanantonio.com/the-local- ... it-and-see

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:31 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Texas St. to the Sun Belt

http://texasstate.rivals.com/default.asp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:53 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Blog article out of San Antonio also reporting that SBC will be adding Texas State along with UT Arlington for 2013-2014.The Texas State announcement is expected either on Wednesday or Thursday of this week.Link at http://blog.mysanantonio.com/the-local- ... -arlington

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:50 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

freaked4collegefb wrote:
Blog article out of San Antonio also reporting that SBC will be adding Texas State along with UT Arlington for 2013-2014.The Texas State announcement is expected either on Wednesday or Thursday of this week.Link at http://blog.mysanantonio.com/the-local- ... -arlington

Is UT Arlington still thinking about adding football?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 95  Next