NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:48 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 95  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:13 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

playa4life wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
playa4life wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
playa4life wrote:
mozilla wrote:
playa4life wrote:
mozilla wrote:
The recommendation of Lamar to the SBC is where you said Lamar was good. A school that competes is acceptable....a school that doesn't compete isn't. Which takes Lamar and Liberty...right out of the conversation

playa4life wrote:
baseball is currently ranked 3rd in the sbc after not being in the sbc for 15 years.

You did state, however, that Lamar was in the SBC for the first time in 15 years for baseball. What is that about? I can only assume that it was a type-o from SLC....but, they have been in the SLC for a while now...so, I am not certain why you wrote that?

Bottom line for the SBC is....
They don't need schools that can't win or don't win. The SBC needs schools that can compete. SHSU has been very competitive over the last 10 years. And that level of competition will help the SBC stay on its feet while the realignment marry go round keeps turning.
If not SHSU...then some other school that is competitive and 'in' the footprint.
Which brings me to the last point...Stay in the footprint. The SBC doesn't need to get larger and more spread out. Develop from within.

So in other words I didn't say Lamar was good in mbb, you just made it up.

How do you know what a school will do in the future? by past?
Lamar is 6-50 last 2 years with Pat Knight therefore Lamar will go 60-500 over the next 10 years. Is this really your logic? very shortsighted. Can I say Lamar is guarantee 18th rank and another sweet 16?
It's all about potential. Lamar has the money and resources. Heck they fired Knight before season over. very costly. Lamar has the location, mid-way between ULL and Texas st. Lamar has a metro bigger than most SBC schools. Bigger than Lafayette, bigger than Texas Tech Lubbock and only 1 hours drive from 6.5 million in Houston. The potential is there if Lamar can pick the right coaches.
SBC is not blind.

OK I get it. You LOVE LAMAR. :shock:

I however, don't.
They haven't shown any capability to string together more than two years in 8 for mbb.
Their fb program is super young...and hasn't won many games or played too much competition...having played so many DII schools in their first four years.

So, Yeah. I look at that stuff. :D

Why pick potential when you can get a competitive school that has set some tradition. :idea:

And Huntsville is in between ULL and Texas State. So, that's a wash.

Lamar is having trouble recruiting players and coaches....in a hotbed of recruiting. That's a bad sign.

I just don't see that Lamar has many or any advantages over SHSU.

UTSA didn't prove itself at the FCS level.

Regardless if I like Lamar or not, facts are facts.
Lamar has a fbs budget, sam does not
Lamar has plans for a 30,000 stadium, sam does not
Lamar sits in a metro of 400,000-sam 26,000
Lamar attendance is greater than sam while sam is playing in championship and lamar is losing.
Since returning to slc, Lamar has 2 trips to big dance sam has 2. Lamar 5-5 including sweet 16, sam 0-2
Lamar women elite 8 appearance ranked 7th, sam never ranked.
Lamar has 2 bowl appearance, sam lost 2 fcs championship
Lamar plays all SBC sports, sam does not.

maybe you aren't looking hard enough. sheesh you think mcneese and sela are good candidates for the sbc.

UTSA or Georgia St., or FIU or FAU or Charlotte never proved anything before moving FBS. I don't think Lamar gets it. JMU still says no then they need to evaluate Missouri St. vs EKU. I don't think Liberty gets in either b/c of their values. W/ a bottom tier conf. adding JMU or SHSU b/c they're good doesn't get them out of last and if those schools are so good CUSA will take them anyway, after proving themselves in the SBC. so they look for new market and facilities, b/c just being good doesn't take them out of 10th or bring a new market for tv.

Lamar is already ready to make the jump. Lamar budget is SBC ready. Football coach already getting a fbs salary. There is nothing Lamar needs to do, unlike SHSU, to begin playing fbs. The clues are there. Also the rumors of Lamar joining the sbc this year. We will know in a month. Be prepared to pick your jaw up from the floor. :shock:

JSU is ready so is Liberty, I don't see SBC jumping for them either. They may end up settling for 1 of you that are further down their list b/c they need a yes or no for #12 by a certain time. My jaw has only dropped once and it was for UMKC going to the WAC, so be prepared for me to go meh, if they call Lamar or SHSU or Liberty or JSU or EKU. Missouri St. or JMU is what would rather see but whatever, there's nothing earth shattering coming here.
I see why we differ. You see a 12th team only, I see a 12th and 13th being added. IMO, the SBC could lose 4 schools in the near future.
Idaho, UTA, UALR, and ULM. SBC goes to 12 with a CCG then lose a fb member, sbc must cancel CCG until fcs move-up again.

Yeah not 13, 12 or 14 but I see 12 since the pay out is the same we just recently set up a b12 going to 12, AAC replacing 2 w/ 2 CUSA who take 2. 1 from SBC 1 & JMU or 2 from SBC and JMU to MAC. So you're looking at 2 gone from SBC They can easily go to 12 now, lose 2 and either go back to 12 or stay at 10.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:13 pm 
Junior
Junior

I think that there could be some interesting changes in the SBC. What about going to 16? UALR and UTA drop out, New Mexico St. added for all sports, Idaho out, add Lamar and Missouri St. for the west and add U.Tennessee-C., Eastern Kentucky, and Citadel for the east?
Lamar - about ready and wanting in. Near Houston for tv market.
Missouri St. - might accept invite this year. Near Arkansas St. - easy travel partnership.
Eastern Kentucky - they want in. In the area for Appalachian St. - travel partner.
Citadel - will probably accept invite. In Charleston for tv market.
U.Tennessee - C. - might be ready to accept invite this year. Possible travel partner for Appalachian St.
Does this sound plausible??

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:59 pm 
Senior
Senior

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
playa4life wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
playa4life wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
playa4life wrote:
mozilla wrote:
playa4life wrote:
mozilla wrote:
The recommendation of Lamar to the SBC is where you said Lamar was good. A school that competes is acceptable....a school that doesn't compete isn't. Which takes Lamar and Liberty...right out of the conversation

playa4life wrote:
baseball is currently ranked 3rd in the sbc after not being in the sbc for 15 years.

You did state, however, that Lamar was in the SBC for the first time in 15 years for baseball. What is that about? I can only assume that it was a type-o from SLC....but, they have been in the SLC for a while now...so, I am not certain why you wrote that?

They don't need schools that can't win or don't win. The SBC needs schools that can compete. SHSU has been very competitive over the last 10 years. And that level of competition will help the SBC stay on its feet while the realignment marry go round keeps turning.
If not SHSU...then some other school that is competitive and 'in' the footprint.
Which brings me to the last point...Stay in the footprint. The SBC doesn't need to get larger and more spread out. Develop from within.

Lamar is 6-50 last 2 years with Pat Knight therefore Lamar will go 60-500 over the next 10 years. Is this really your logic? very shortsighted. Can I say Lamar is guarantee 18th rank and another sweet 16?
It's all about potential. Lamar has the money and resources. Heck they fired Knight before season over. very costly. Lamar has the location, mid-way between ULL and Texas st. Lamar has a metro bigger than most SBC schools. Bigger than Lafayette, bigger than Texas Tech Lubbock and only 1 hours drive from 6.5 million in Houston. The potential is there if Lamar can pick the right coaches.
SBC is not blind.

I however, don't.
They haven't shown any capability to string together more than two years in 8 for mbb.
Their fb program is super young...and hasn't won many games or played too much competition...having played so many DII schools in their first four years.

Why pick potential when you can get a competitive school that has set some tradition. :idea:

Lamar is having trouble recruiting players and coaches....in a hotbed of recruiting. That's a bad sign.

Lamar attendance is greater than sam while sam is playing in championship and lamar is losing.
Since returning to slc, Lamar has 2 trips to big dance sam has 2. Lamar 5-5 including sweet 16, sam 0-2

maybe you aren't looking hard enough. sheesh you think mcneese and sela are good candidates for the sbc.

UTSA or Georgia St., or FIU or FAU or Charlotte never proved anything before moving FBS. I don't think Lamar gets it. JMU still says no then they need to evaluate Missouri St. vs EKU. I don't think Liberty gets in either b/c of their values. W/ a bottom tier conf. adding JMU or SHSU b/c they're good doesn't get them out of last and if those schools are so good CUSA will take them anyway, after proving themselves in the SBC. so they look for new market and facilities, b/c just being good doesn't take them out of 10th or bring a new market for tv.

Lamar is already ready to make the jump. Lamar budget is SBC ready. Football coach already getting a fbs salary. There is nothing Lamar needs to do, unlike SHSU, to begin playing fbs. The clues are there. Also the rumors of Lamar joining the sbc this year. We will know in a month. Be prepared to pick your jaw up from the floor. :shock:

JSU is ready so is Liberty, I don't see SBC jumping for them either. They may end up settling for 1 of you that are further down their list b/c they need a yes or no for #12 by a certain time. My jaw has only dropped once and it was for UMKC going to the WAC, so be prepared for me to go meh, if they call Lamar or SHSU or Liberty or JSU or EKU. Missouri St. or JMU is what would rather see but whatever, there's nothing earth shattering coming here.
I see why we differ. You see a 12th team only, I see a 12th and 13th being added. IMO, the SBC could lose 4 schools in the near future.
Idaho, UTA, UALR, and ULM. SBC goes to 12 with a CCG then lose a fb member, sbc must cancel CCG until fcs move-up again.

Yeah not 13, 12 or 14 but I see 12 since the pay out is the same we just recently set up a b12 going to 12, AAC replacing 2 w/ 2 CUSA who take 2. 1 from SBC 1 & JMU or 2 from SBC and JMU to MAC. So you're looking at 2 gone from SBC They can easily go to 12 now, lose 2 and either go back to 12 or stay at 10.

I think 14 in the end. 12 and 13 next month, 14 next year. I think mo st needs another year.

12 Liberty
13 Lamar
14 Mo st in 2015.

Despite what everyone thinks, Lamar is already ready. Stadium expansion is the only thing left for Lamar. One question everyone refuse to answer, why did Lamar give a losing fcs coach a fbs salary last year? Lamar is preparing for something. Why does Lamar have an AD budget that falls in the middle of the average SBC budget? Lamar doesn't need that much money to play in the Southland.
Why did Lamar add more womens sports when it already covered the 65 for fcs? Lamar has enough to cover fbs and title 9.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:23 am 
All-Star
All-Star

NorwichCat11 wrote:
I think that there could be some interesting changes in the SBC. What about going to 16? UALR and UTA drop out, New Mexico St. added for all sports, Idaho out, add Lamar and Missouri St. for the west and add U.Tennessee-C., Eastern Kentucky, and Citadel for the east?
Missouri St. - might accept invite this year. Near Arkansas St. - easy travel partnership.
Eastern Kentucky - they want in. In the area for Appalachian St. - travel partner.
U.Tennessee - C. - might be ready to accept invite this year. Possible travel partner for Appalachian St.

Well Norwich. Everything you said sounds possible and logic. But why dropping out UALR and UTA so soon? Unless those two plan to have football. So far UALR don't feel like having that sport ever (which is out of the question, despite being a longtime member since 1991 (not much longer than charter member South Alabama, former pure non-football school until like 2010) But UTA should be on the process on re-evaluating to re-add the sport ever since leaving the Southland to join the WAC in 2012, with Texas St. and UTSA (another former pure non-football school), before joining the Sun Belt this past season. But why Idaho should be out? Unless they downgrade to FCS, then it's another story. In general, and for what I understand so far, maybe it's for the interest of having only football-sponsoring full members and no non-football members.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:49 am 
Senior
Senior

FYI:
Sun Belt Conference Revenues based on info from the Data compiled from Equity in Athletics Data Analysis.

Total Revenue=

UALR $8.7m
Ark St. $13.2m
ULM $9.4m
ULL $15.3m
Troy $16.7m
S. Alabama $17.7m
Tx State $26.2m
UTA $9.2m
App St. $19m
GSU $22.7m
G. South $10.1m
Idaho $17.4m
NMSU $24m

quick ave. = $16.1m

These numbers include all sports...of which Idaho(fb $7.4m) and NMSU(fb $6.1m), of course, don't compete.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:15 am 
Senior
Senior

ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
NorwichCat11 wrote:

Well Norwich. Everything you said sounds possible and logic. But why dropping out UALR and UTA so soon? Unless those two plan to have football. So far UALR don't feel like having that sport ever (which is out of the question, despite being a longtime member since 1991 (not much longer than charter member South Alabama, former pure non-football school until like 2010) But UTA should be on the process on re-evaluating to re-add the sport ever since leaving the Southland to join the WAC in 2012, with Texas St. and UTSA (another former pure non-football school), before joining the Sun Belt this past season. But why Idaho should be out? Unless they downgrade to FCS, then it's another story. In general, and for what I understand so far, maybe it's for the interest of having only football-sponsoring full members and no non-football members.

Those schools could stay forever in the SBC, however here is my opinion why I think they will leave.

I think UMKC will go back to the summit as well as Chicago st. Kansas city, Chicago, Tulsa, Denver, and Omaha makes the summit look very good attractive to UALR compared to a football sbc and it's small southern towns. If UALR is not starting football, I would go summit.

UTA is left alone as only D1AAA in SBC. I do not believe UTA is restarting football. Kansas City, Chicago, Tulsa, Denver, Omaha, and Little Rock looks more attractive than football sbc.

Idaho will struggle to get recruits playing in the SBC. I expect Idaho to go 1-10 or 2-9 year after year. Idaho fans will get tired of the weak records and long road trips to southern schools.

ULM is kicking olympic sports and academics under the bus to pay for football. So far they have managed, but it can't last. The mighty ULM fooball is slowly sinking. This year will tell a lot as well as the new budget cuts.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:51 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

playa4life wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
playa4life wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
playa4life wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
playa4life wrote:
mozilla wrote:
playa4life wrote:
mozilla wrote:

playa4life wrote:

SBC is not blind.

I however, don't.

I think 14 in the end. 12 and 13 next month, 14 next year. I think mo st needs another year.

12 Liberty
13 Lamar
14 Mo st in 2015.

Despite what everyone thinks, Lamar is already ready. Stadium expansion is the only thing left for Lamar. One question everyone refuse to answer, why did Lamar give a losing fcs coach a fbs salary last year? Lamar is preparing for something. Why does Lamar have an AD budget that falls in the middle of the average SBC budget? Lamar doesn't need that much money to play in the Southland.
Why did Lamar add more womens sports when it already covered the 65 for fcs? Lamar has enough to cover fbs and title 9.

Why, to be in position to get taken by the SBC which may or may not happen. If the ones they want more say no, Lamar can say hey, look we're ready. Like UNA announcing they're moving to D-I in 2012 but they're still D-II b/c they haven't got an offer, but they're saying hey, we're ready.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:44 pm 
Senior
Senior

Lamar has money, but not that much. Part of the reason Lamar left the SBC is to save money.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:45 pm 
Junior
Junior

Okay guys here is my addition to this wonderful discussion:
NCAA, I agree with PLAYA, that UTA just uses the "we are thinking of restarting football....." as a sop to get where they want - kinda like Notre Dame with "well we might join a conference someday, maybe yours.........". I can see UALR leaving for a more beneficial BB conference soon, hopefully before June 1st. That gives New Mexico St. the full invite, and puts pressure on UTA. I think UTA sticks around for a while maybe - this will keep Idaho happy. The east still needs 1 more for equal 12. So who are the candidates? Everyone knows that Liberty wants in, and JMU wants in somewhere else. This leaves some possibilities - U.Tennessee - C., EKU, Citadel, Coastal Carolina, and I hope - Florida A&M. The Mocs turned the SBC down last year due to finances, but the money being brought in by the SBC now can mitigate that move. EKU was as I recall not on the radar, and neither was Coastal Carolina. My personal hope is that Florida A&M decides to make a pitch to the SBC, but that may just be wishful thinking.
Adding 5 may be the best solution. I gives a buffer against a raid by CUSA, and if no raid - the move to 16 with two 8 team divisions. This means grabbing 3 in the east and 2 in the west.
This is the move that I could see if Florida A&M is on the table:
west - Missouri St., and Lamar
East - U. Tennessee - C., EKU, and Florida A&M (Citadel if no Florida A&M)
Liberty is to much of a religious school to touch - like playing in a den of poisoned fanged lions waiting for one to bite you! Liberty is out.
JMU is focused on MAC or CUSA, and would not accept SBC invite.
This leaves Southern, Western, and Central located universities that are interested in joining the SBC.
Lamar is interested and making moves to be up-to date with facilities and income. Improving the teams win ratio can come later. Texas St. was not above 6-6 seasons when it jumped to D1, and went 4-8 it's first season. Much better than Georgia St.'s 0-12 first season, or U. Mass's 1-11 two seasons, or U. South Alabama's 2-10 first season in D1. Lamar has the drive and are making the right moves to put them in place for the call up.
EKU is also considering the move up, and they are eyeing the SBC.
Both the Mocs, and the Missouri St. Bears turned down the SBC last year, but may have reconsidered. Who knows? I think they might accept.
The Citadel I think will accept an invite. Regardless of how well the team plays, they always put fans in the stands - Ft. Benning Georgia is just a short ride from Charleston S.C.
Florida A&M if they are considering the move up, would probably accept an invite. Playing Georgia Southern and Appy St. would sit well in the sunshine state, not to mention getting the chance to play some of the other D1 schools in the state - UF, Miami, UCF, USF, FIU, and FAU.
Well, this is my rant, and I think it is a logical argument, but I would like to hear some of your thoughts on this long winded speech!
Thanks,
NorwichCat11

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:20 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Am I the only one that thinks going to 16 has to be start by Pac 12 getting (UT, TT, OU, OSU) or SEC or B1G and no G5 conference will go 1st b/c the money isn't there, and money started all this in the 1st place, way back when ND signed w/ NBC and Penn St. joined the B1G. CFA was gone.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:55 pm 
Junior
Junior

Fresno St. Alum,
You are not. U.Tennessee - C. is in the media market of Chattanooga, and Citadel is in the media market of Charleston S.C., and that can impact tv revenue for a conference. The money issue can be about saving money as well as making money. EKU is not in media market, but might make a travel partner for someone = saves money for schools. Missouri St. = travel partner for Arkansas St. (saves money), and Lamar travel partner for Texas St. (saves money). Therefore, money can be an issue for adding schools without making tons of additional money if money is saved from not having large travel fees.
I hope not to offend your intelligence, but I was looking "outside the box" here on the money issue. I really respect your insight and arguments. I also like reading your posts. You do have a lot of CFB insight Fresno St. Alum, and I look forward to more chats with you.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:45 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

NorwichCat11 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum,
You are not. U.Tennessee - C. is in the media market of Chattanooga, and Citadel is in the media market of Charleston S.C., and that can impact tv revenue for a conference. The money issue can be about saving money as well as making money. EKU is not in media market, but might make a travel partner for someone = saves money for schools. Missouri St. = travel partner for Arkansas St. (saves money), and Lamar travel partner for Texas St. (saves money). Therefore, money can be an issue for adding schools without making tons of additional money if money is saved from not having large travel fees.
I hope not to offend your intelligence, but I was looking "outside the box" here on the money issue. I really respect your insight and arguments. I also like reading your posts. You do have a lot of CFB insight Fresno St. Alum, and I look forward to more chats with you.

UTC already turned down the idea of FBS. Citadel doesn't want to move up as far as I know. Yeah maybe for a conf. this far down the totem pole the savings could equal the cost, I have no idea, you'd need to ask Quinn. SBC has to take 1 more that's a given so they get a CCG. So one of EKU, Mizz St., or Lamar would have to be good enough. The SBC guys on the conf board said there is no validity to the Liberty talks w/ the SBC. Just some guy claiming to be an SBC insider. The only talks were the SBC thanking Liberty for their interest in joining the conf.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:03 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks going to 16 has to be start by Pac 12 getting (UT, TT, OU, OSU) or SEC or B1G and no G5 conference will go 1st b/c the money isn't there, and money started all this in the 1st place, way back when ND signed w/ NBC and Penn St. joined the B1G. CFA was gone.

PAC16 could in ten years when the GORs expire, and so could the SEC.

The Big Ten is the most logical as their contract is up soon and with the network and all but other than UConn I don't see a real candidate out there for them with the GORs.

Other than those...

CUSA is the most likely conference outside of those three that I think could move up to 16 as their already over the 12.

The MAC could as recruiting in the rust belt is declining and they are looking at 14 so I could also see 16 as a possibility.

The MWC won't go past 12 unless it's with BYU.

The AAC could go to 14 if Army decided to join.

I don't see any benefit to the Sun Belt moving past 12 at his time, they need the money from the playoff and the CCG but 14/16 only brings more headache and less money and less chances for bowl or other post season opportunities like the NCAA bball tourney.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:24 am 
All-Star
All-Star

tkalmus wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:

The Big Ten is the most logical as their contract is up soon and with the network and all but other than UConn I don't see a real candidate out there for them with the GORs.

Other than those...

CUSA is the most likely conference outside of those three that I think could move up to 16 as their already over the 12.

The MAC could as recruiting in the rust belt is declining and they are looking at 14 so I could also see 16 as a possibility.

I don't see any benefit to the Sun Belt moving past 12 at his time, they need the money from the playoff and the CCG but 14/16 only brings more headache and less money and less chances for bowl or other post season opportunities like the NCAA bball tourney.

what 2 schools could CUSA bring in to make them more profitable and worth going to 16?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:24 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
tkalmus wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:

Other than those...

what 2 schools could CUSA bring in to make them more profitable and worth going to 16?

I don't have an exact answer for that because I think this is a long term plan, not a short term.

Short Term, nobody will make these schools more money, however they could set up better traveling divisions or pods and reduce the number of flights for some of the schools and increases exposure to recruiting hotbed like the Southwest in Texas or the Southeast in Florida/Alabama. Say they take JMU and Georgia State (or Ark St or ULL) and it make a pretty solid pod system.

Texas, LA/MS/TN/KY, AL/GA/FL, NC/VA/WV (if ASU/ULL pair TN/KY with FL and AL with MS/LA/Ark)

Long Term, it could increase the TV contract as they have more markets/state now than when last negotiated and NBC is now buying rights too, adding more members now allows for a greater chance that they'll have a few Boise/TCU successes (and like you said everyone else is mostly locked down above them), and the East is still pretty spread out so it could develop a better rivalries and increase regional interest to increase popularity (like have a traveling trophy for the Texas schools and label each as N/S/E/W Texas's team and get the fans invested). Also CUSA wants/needs to establish itself as the #3 non AQ conference because right now they are losing to the MAC so taking JMU and possibly a MAC member like Buffalo, Ohio, or UNI could also accomplish that, while losing Marshall to the MAC would hurt them so giving them another regional rival also can't hurt.

Also it could be reactionary (why allow the SBC or MAC into VA where ODU will be fighting them for market share when you can be the official #2 after the ACC with both JMU/ODU) or it could be dissatisfaction by long time members (UAB or So Miss) with the new divisions causing them to expand to please the old timers. And then there is always a sense of fear that they'll be poached again by the AAC following the dominoes from a Big 12 or Big Ten expansion so adding numbers now may deter the needs to add in the future and also allow their feeder conference to restock with more options for future expansion.

I know that's not a real answer to your question but that what I could see as a "reason" for them to expand at this time. Its not a strong argument but I think CUSA has more smoke behind the scenes than any of the others.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 95  Next