NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:02 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:12 am 
All-Conference
All-Conference

hibbett2222 wrote:
Texas St. and UTEP is a 8 time match up over the next however many years. So that rivalry is going to develop just due to the amount of times they play. However I still think that if NMSU can keep winning year in and year out that the Texas St. NMSU could develop into a SBC rivalry in the west. Which would be great for the conference. As of know the best rivalry in the conference is between the two newest members APP ST. and Georgia Southern. (Blue and Black Bowl as it is called). They bring this rivalry up from the FCS level and even ESPN recognized it and made it a Thursday night game. Then you have the ULL and ULM rivalry. But other than those two there really is no other rivalry for the SBC.

Actually I think the SBC has some great rivalries:

ULM ULL
ULL Ark St
ULM Ark St
Troy S Alabama
GA St GA Southern
App St GA Southern

I wouldn't be surprised if S Alabama vs GA St becomes a rivalry too since both schools have young programs (they also have the cat mascot thing in common)

OOC there are some great existing rivalries and potential new ones:
NMSU New Mexico
NMSU UTEP
UTSA UTEP
ULL/ULM LA Tech
S Alabama/Troy UAB
GA St Charlotte
App St Charlotte
Ark St Memphis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:15 am 
Junior
Junior

fighting muskie wrote:
hibbett2222 wrote:
Texas St. and UTEP is a 8 time match up over the next however many years. So that rivalry is going to develop just due to the amount of times they play. However I still think that if NMSU can keep winning year in and year out that the Texas St. NMSU could develop into a SBC rivalry in the west. Which would be great for the conference. As of know the best rivalry in the conference is between the two newest members APP ST. and Georgia Southern. (Blue and Black Bowl as it is called). They bring this rivalry up from the FCS level and even ESPN recognized it and made it a Thursday night game. Then you have the ULL and ULM rivalry. But other than those two there really is no other rivalry for the SBC.

Actually I think the SBC has some great rivalries:

ULM ULL
ULL Ark St
ULM Ark St
Troy S Alabama
GA St GA Southern
App St GA Southern

I wouldn't be surprised if S Alabama vs GA St becomes a rivalry too since both schools have young programs (they also have the cat mascot thing in common)

OOC there are some great existing rivalries and potential new ones:
NMSU New Mexico
NMSU UTEP
UTSA UTEP
ULL/ULM LA Tech
S Alabama/Troy UAB
GA St Charlotte
App St Charlotte
Ark St Memphis

Just being close to one another doesn't make it a rivalry. Rivalries are built out of success in the program and hatred amongst fans for one another. That is why the App St. Georgia Southern Rivalry will be huge for the SBC. These programs bring in a long history of championship success as well as great fans that buy tickets and show up to the games. App St. lead the SBC in attendance in their 1st game as a member of the SBC. They had over 26,000 fans to watch them play a FCS school in the rain and lighting which caused a weather delay after halftime. This is what the SBC needs, fans that eat, sleep and die football and sell out when rivals come to town. This is what App St. and Georgia Southern do when they play each other and have for years. No other current rivalry in the SBC does this. Georgia St. Georgia Southern will not be a rivalry for a long time. Georgia St. can barley get 10,000 fans to the game. But who can blame them, Georgia St. has not shown that they can win consistently.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:20 pm 
Junior
Junior

App St and Wyoming to play home and home series. This will be good for the SBC. SBC doesn't play the MW conference all that often, at least the eastern schools don't.
http://www.fbschedules.com/2014/09/appa ... h-wyoming/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:31 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

I know it's still early in the 2014 football season, but so far, only ULM & NMSU have at least 1 conference win, and both are 2-0 overall. But the favorites ULL & Arkansas St. are both 1-1 overall, and yet haven't entered SBC play. But anything can happen in college football, now with the new College Football Playoff system.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:45 pm 
Junior
Junior

ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
I know it's still early in the 2014 football season, but so far, only ULM & NMSU have at least 1 conference win, and both are 2-0 overall. But the favorites ULL & Arkansas St. are both 1-1 overall, and yet haven't entered SBC play. But anything can happen in college football, now with the new College Football Playoff system.

I started a new thread called Group of 5 FBS talk where we can discuss all things related to the G05 conferences. Check it out and feel free to join in. Lets get out of just this expansion talk and get into everyday football talk!

By the way, ULL needs to bounce back in a big way. To save face they really need to win against Ole Miss and Boise St. To make up for the lose to La Tech at home. Ark. St. needs to get a win against Miami this week to go one and one against the ACC and get them back on track and in the hunt. Right now the SBC's hopes lay with ULM and hoping for a miracle. ULM has a schedule that could easily get them not only ranked but ranked fairly high if they could run the tables. ULM has LSU this week and still play Kentucky and Arkansas along with their SBC schedule. IF they somehow could pull off the impossible they would easily be the top ranked champion in the Go5 conferences. GO ULM! (they need all the encouragement they can get)! lol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:54 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

hibbett2222 wrote:
Man we really need some new users to join in this board! Seems like we are going days without post. It is football season, there should be football talk everyday!

I appreciate the enthusiasm. Out of curiosity, would you be up for voting in a poll for the Go5? I'm going to start it after week 5 games are played. Rank your top 15 Go5 teams (plus Navy, BYU, and Army). I have a thread for it if you're interested. just let me know.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:16 pm 
Junior
Junior

fighting muskie wrote:
hibbett2222 wrote:
Man we really need some new users to join in this board! Seems like we are going days without post. It is football season, there should be football talk everyday!

I appreciate the enthusiasm. Out of curiosity, would you be up for voting in a poll for the Go5? I'm going to start it after week 5 games are played. Rank your top 15 Go5 teams (plus Navy, BYU, and Army). I have a thread for it if you're interested. just let me know.

Sure I would, let me know

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:14 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

hibbett2222 wrote:
fighting muskie wrote:
hibbett2222 wrote:

Sure I would, let me know

I'd be interested too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:06 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

roboconstant and hibbett-- I'm starting the poll at the end of week 5 so some time that Sunday if you could send me your top 15 I'll tally up all the votes and publish the results on Monday morning and we can all debate who deserves to be ranked where. Glad to hear that there are other folks out there that care about the little guys of college football.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:41 pm 
Junior
Junior

everyone don't forget to check out the new forum (Group of 5 FBS talk). Lets talk some football!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:03 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

fighting muskie wrote:
roboconstant and hibbett-- I'm starting the poll at the end of week 5 so some time that Sunday if you could send me your top 15 I'll tally up all the votes and publish the results on Monday morning and we can all debate who deserves to be ranked where. Glad to hear that there are other folks out there that care about the little guys of college football.

Got it! How should I send them to you?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:10 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

robconstant wrote:
fighting muskie wrote:

Got it! How should I send them to you?

Up towards the top of your screen should be an html link that says "0 new messages". click on that and it will take you to this site's messenger feature and send me a message through that. Let me know if you have any trouble. A few days before the first poll I'll send everyone who expressed as interest a message that way they know where to find it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90