NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:37 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:24 pm 
Senior
Senior

In the Women's Basketball Conference Call yesterday, Benson again was asked about expansion by a reporter and again stated that the conference is happy with 11 and while they will continue to monitor and watch what happens there is no immediate plans to expand the conference. He went on to say that the conference just had a meeting last month and expansion was not on the agenda and the presidents have a meeting next month and expansion is not expected to be on at agenda either. Doesn't look like much to talk about at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:00 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

The plan must be to stay in a holding pattern and continue monitoring the landscape of conference realignment. I'm curious if they will play a double round-robin basketball schedule. For now the Sunbelt is safe and they aren't interested in giving UMass any charity. I'd be interested to see if any SBC teams will schedule them late in the season when the 11-member configuration necessitates at least 1 school having a bye or OOC game each week.

Also, Hibbett you should send me your Go5 Top 15 vote.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:45 pm 
Junior
Junior

I think that the SBC needs to get off their tails and get that 12th member! Yes, it is hard to get a decision on who to invite, but what happens when the ncaa does not relent on the 12 member rule for ccg's? Then you are behind the curve and take another 2 years to get 12 full football members! This kinda decision making process is starting to make me not like the SBC.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:08 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

NorwichCat11 wrote:
I think that the SBC needs to get off their tails and get that 12th member! Yes, it is hard to get a decision on who to invite, but what happens when the ncaa does not relent on the 12 member rule for ccg's? Then you are behind the curve and take another 2 years to get 12 full football members! This kinda decision making process is starting to make me not like the SBC.

I know huh? And the SBC has to do it fast. Maybe we must wait if the conference staff plans to have any upcoming meetings in regards with expansion, for at least until the end of this year's basketball season.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95