NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:59 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: SJSU>FSU!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:17 pm 
Senior
Senior

From now on whenever anyone hates on my Spartans, I'm going to bring up tonight's big win over Fresno State!

We beat Fresno and Hawaii and almost beat Nevada (lost by 3, threw a pick in the endzone with less than a minute left). I think the MWC picked the wrong schools from the WAC!

Post subject: Re: SJSU>FSU!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:21 am 
All-Star
All-Star

big deal you finally beat us once since we were having a down year. 1 game doesn't mean squat compared to the 20 years of SJSU sucking at football :D

It reminds me of the 80's when you guys actually played football. So what was gained by Fresno and/or SJSU tonight? Nothing, we both have a losing record and our seasons are over. Awesome! now back to the Green Bay Packers!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:31 am 
Senior
Senior

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
big deal you finally beat us once since we were having a down year. 1 game doesn't mean squat compared to the 20 years of SJSU sucking at football :D

It reminds me of the 80's when you guys actually played football. So what was gained by Fresno and/or SJSU tonight? Nothing, we both have a losing record and our seasons are over. Awesome! now back to the Green Bay Packers!

I can't believe it's been nearly a quarter century since we beat you guys in Fresno. But we're finally turning the ship around. Hopefully this rivalry will become more exciting in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:56 am 
All-Star
All-Star

SJSUFan2010 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:

I can't believe it's been nearly a quarter century since we beat you guys in Fresno. But we're finally turning the ship around. Hopefully this rivalry will become more exciting in the future.

Will it continue? Or are you assuming SJSU will get invited to the MWC?

And how bout them Longhorns, we ain't 6-6 unlike a certain other Texas team...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:49 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

I sense the need for a serious answer to a serious question.

Have there been any renovations of Spartan Stadium in the last, oh, 6-8 years?

Are there plans to expand the 4,000-seat arena in which SJSU plays?

I can easily argue that Utah State should be ahead of San Jose regarding who replaces Boise in the MWC. I'm not so sure I don't put Montana ahead of both schools.

Having said that...

I spent last week in Fresno with my fiance's grandparents.

I went Saturday night.

Fresno's stadium is rather impressive... of course, it derived from the original design of Autzen Stadium in Eugene. That's all well known.

Thing is, I walked through there noting that too many details have been left unimproved since the times I visited in the early 90s. The scoreboards need help, the walkways are uneven, and while it's had a couple coats of paint and a new turf (frankly, the turf makes no sense to me compared to the other things that could be done), the scene simply depressed me. I know the scene felt like Pat Hill's funeral (from earlier discussions with someone who does have connections in town, even though it's probably time Pat Hill called it a day, or was released, it may not happen), I know there's been a few down years, but the point is to kind of go down swinging. Mind you, I don't know if these comments are more an indictment of Fresno not able to keep up with Boise- and I know the history there- or if there's simply a large gap between BCS schools and everyone else that the "out" schools may need to realize that you really have to have your ECONOMY together to keep up with the Joneses. I know Fresno made a name beating a few schools at that level, but I can't see Fresno maintaining near that level in the long term.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:16 am 
Senior
Senior

tkalmus wrote:
SJSUFan2010 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:

Will it continue? Or are you assuming SJSU will get invited to the MWC?

And how bout them Longhorns, we ain't 6-6 unlike a certain other Texas team...

I think it will either way but if we are in separate conferences the games just might not be that frequent. I do think they'll end up in the same conference but with each passing day the Big East West becomes that much more unlikely.

And go Longhorns! Way to beat them Aggies! In California, we pepper-spray Aggies (UC-Davis' mascot).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:12 am 
Senior
Senior

Two straight! Sorry Fresno St Alum

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:28 am 
All-Star
All-Star

SJSUFan2010 wrote:

That's cold SJSU...your school also just likely cost themselves a few millions Fresno would have made in the Fiesta bowl.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:43 pm 
Senior
Senior

tkalmus wrote:
SJSUFan2010 wrote:

That's cold SJSU...your school also just likely cost themselves a few millions Fresno would have made in the Fiesta bowl.

actually northern Illinois was already ranked ahead of them in the BCS. Missing Colorado hurt them.(let alone not finding another game)

Us National Soccer Team

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:13 am 
Senior
Senior

tkalmus wrote:
SJSUFan2010 wrote:

With NIU's absolutely ridiculous rankings in the computers I don't think Fresno would have gone anyway. I mean seriously, NIU is second in one computer. SECOND!!!

But on top of that, if we do get a bowl invite now, that will probably cost us some money as well. Sheesh.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:45 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

SJSU! I wonder if it will get edited since I strung it out. Thanks for showing SJSU has the worst math department in the CSU system. Yeah maybe NIU woulda stayed in front of us maybe if we beat Utah St. it woulda put is in front, who knows, but it cost us a shot at the $$$. I'm surprised Craig Thompson didn't give your coach a thumbs down and wink and a nod to tank for us. Congrats on a win and bowl eligible 2 yrs in a row for the 1st time since 87-88. Well I hope we can beat the team w/ the best def at home sat. or I don't know if we'll ever be able to win a conf. title.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]