NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:39 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:53 pm 
Offline
Senior
Senior

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:27 am
Posts: 478
Location: Jacksonville, FL
I can understand if the league's eventual goal is 24 but going to 24 now would be a mistake. I would think 20 would be the absolute most that they should go and staying at 16 or going to 18 would probably be the best move. I'm afraid going to 24 now would be short sighted.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks the Big East still isn't stable. Louisville to the XII, UConn and Rutgers to the ACC, loss of AQ, how long before Boise rethinks the attractiveness of the Big East. Without Boise, does the Big East stay attractive to SDSU. If the above happens or even just some of that happens, does the Big East basketball schools finally say "Enough is enough", you're ruining our reputation and hurting OUR product.

I can see possible homes for Rutgers and UConn in the ACC, Louisville and Cincy in the Big XII maybe even Boise State (maybe Houston but I doubt it) in the Big XII with BYU but I do not see homes for South Florida, UCF, San Diego State, Memphis or SMU. The new MERGED conference needs to leave room for the others until convinced that the Big East survives and/or that expansion has stopped.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:28 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
If Louisville/UConn/Rutgers leaves and the BE splits. I think you'll see a basic return to 2 leagues of CUSA & MWC. Also, what makes the BE not work in the new form? Loss of AQ? loss of UL? loss of UL,UConn,Rutgers? Would it take both AQ and Key schools? Is it possible they'd just keep adding and keep the west schools in no matter what?

CUSA
Cincinnati
S.Florida
C.Florida
Navy
E.Carolina
Temple
Houston
SMU
Memphis
S.Miss
Marshall
UAB
Rice
Tulane

MWC
Boise St.
SDSU
Hawaii
Fresno St.
Nevada
UNLV
Wyoming
Colorado St.
Air Force
New Mexico
UTEP
Tulsa

2016? 2020? Never? Sooner?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:48 pm 
Offline
Senior
Senior

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:27 am
Posts: 478
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
If Louisville/UConn/Rutgers leaves and the BE splits. I think you'll see a basic return to 2 leagues of CUSA & MWC. Also, what makes the BE not work in the new form? Loss of AQ? loss of UL? loss of UL,UConn,Rutgers? Would it take both AQ and Key schools? Is it possible they'd just keep adding and keep the west schools in no matter what?

CUSA
Cincinnati
S.Florida
C.Florida
Navy
E.Carolina
Temple
Houston
SMU
Memphis
S.Miss
Marshall
UAB
Rice
Tulane

MWC
Boise St.
SDSU
Hawaii
Fresno St.
Nevada
UNLV
Wyoming
Colorado St.
Air Force
New Mexico
UTEP
Tulsa

2016? 2020? Never? Sooner?


They could split but also remember, they were originally considering a merger of 3 leagues (Big East, C-USA, MWC).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:38 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:40 pm
Posts: 1444
more like

CUSA
Cincinnati
S.Florida
C.Florida
Navy
E.Carolina
Temple
Houston
SMU
Memphis
S.Miss
Marshall
UAB
Rice
Tulane
Tulsa
LA Tech

MWC
Boise St.
SDSU
Hawaii
Fresno St.
Nevada
UNLV
Wyoming
Colorado St.
Air Force
New Mexico
UTEP
NMSU
Idaho
SJSU

_________________
Fan of the Big 12 Conference, the Mountain West Conference and...
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:26 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
pass on NMSU, Idaho. You forgot Utah St., the best leftover WAC option. I rather have both Texas Twins than either of those. I rather have the twins over SJSU too.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:35 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:40 pm
Posts: 1444
Yep swap NMSU for Utah St my bad...

SJSU brings a market, and Idaho brings a big state school that mildly competitive in most sports and has a big endowment...

The Texas twins are attractive but I think they'd rather stay in a Central or Eastern based conference, the only reason they joined the WAC was to get a foot in the door but who knows TCU didn't mind the travel...

Honestly the more I read about realignment and the upcoming changes to the BCS, I'm starting to think that the mid majors will all merge CUSA/MWC and SBC/MAC and may get so large that they decide to start their own playoff system and then redivide into more geographically sound conferences like we are predicting...

MAC- Midwest and Northeast (MAC + WKU & Marshall)
MWC/WAC Mountain and Pacific (including UTEP)
Sunbelt - Southeast (FL, GA, AL, MS, Carolinas)
CUSA - Southwest (TX, LA, Ark, OK)

If they all go to 16 then they could easily stage their own version of the Plus One and probably make a little more money than they currently do in the bowl system.

_________________
Fan of the Big 12 Conference, the Mountain West Conference and...
Image


Last edited by tkalmus on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:36 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
Since you're going w/ the no child left behind model, taking in all the crap not worth a crap just for the sake of taking in crap.

MWC
West
Hawaii
Fresno St.
SJSU
Nevada
UNLV
Boise St.
Idaho
East
Utah St.
Colorado St.
Air Force
Wyoming
New Mexico
UTEP
UTSA
Texas St.

NMSU still left behind! They can join the SBC w/ UTA and App St. for 12/14. Charlotte joins UMass in the MAC for fb only for 14/12. ACC has Rutgers, UConn. B12 has Louisville and BYU. Everyone but Army has a home, Iran joins Israel as they spread world peace :shock: ya right :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:38 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
tkalmus wrote:
Yep swap NMSU for Utah St my bad...

SJSU brings a market, and Idaho brings a big state school that mildly competitive in most sports and has a big endowment...

The Texas twins are attractive but I think they'd rather stay in a Central or Eastern based conference but who knows TCU didn't mind the travel...

yeah and Texas St. is the flagship university that carries the state of Texas & Alaska-Fairbanks brings a big state :D The twins would rather be in that than left out or the sun belt.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:55 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:40 pm
Posts: 1444
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Since you're going w/ the no child left behind model, taking in all the crap not worth a crap just for the sake of taking in crap.

MWC
West
Hawaii
Fresno St.
SJSU
Nevada
UNLV
Boise St.
Idaho
East
Utah St.
Colorado St.
Air Force
Wyoming
New Mexico
UTEP
UTSA
Texas St.

NMSU still left behind! They can join the SBC w/ UTA and App St. for 12/14. Charlotte joins UMass in the MAC for fb only for 14/12. ACC has Rutgers, UConn. B12 has Louisville and BYU. Everyone but Army has a home, Iran joins Israel as they spread world peace :shock: ya right :lol:

Since Boise and most probably Air Force will be in the Big East moved Utah St to the West and NMSU fits perfectly ;)

_________________
Fan of the Big 12 Conference, the Mountain West Conference and...
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:04 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
tkalmus wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Since you're going w/ the no child left behind model, taking in all the crap not worth a crap just for the sake of taking in crap.

MWC
West
Hawaii
Fresno St.
SJSU
Nevada
UNLV
Boise St.
Idaho
East
Utah St.
Colorado St.
Air Force
Wyoming
New Mexico
UTEP
UTSA
Texas St.

NMSU still left behind! They can join the SBC w/ UTA and App St. for 12/14. Charlotte joins UMass in the MAC for fb only for 14/12. ACC has Rutgers, UConn. B12 has Louisville and BYU. Everyone but Army has a home, Iran joins Israel as they spread world peace :shock: ya right :lol:

Since Boise and most probably Air Force will be in the Big East moved Utah St to the West and NMSU fits perfectly ;)


The whole scenario is based on there being no BE. But if everything stays as is will the BE go beyond 12 for fb? If not then AFA stays w/ us. If UL joins you guys in the B12 then I see them coming after AFA again then Utah St. replaces them in the west and Temple FIU in the east.

We declined NMSU for Azusa Pacific, W. Texas A&M, New Mexico Highlands for the simple fact they have more of a shot at making a bowl game in the next 51 years NMSU is at 51 and counting.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:11 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:40 pm
Posts: 1444
Dude, W Texas A&M is a powerhouse, y'all should be so lucky...

You're very feisty tonight FSA :mrgreen:

_________________
Fan of the Big 12 Conference, the Mountain West Conference and...
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:13 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
I'm stalling on lifting weights. What you don't see is I have no expression and not serious at all. I was bored today so I busted out all these what ifs for no reason

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:17 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
I got tired of making sh*t like this for my fantasy football league, waiting for the combine, free agency, draft, preseason, season. I MISS THE NFL!

Image

Image

Image

Image

_________________
Image


Last edited by Fresno St. Alum on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:22 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:40 pm
Posts: 1444
I know u well enough now to tell when your serious...

I miss fb in general, lucky march madness is around the corner and baseball will be starting soon until then at least I have recruiting news to follow...

_________________
Fan of the Big 12 Conference, the Mountain West Conference and...
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:27 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
I haven't watched more than a day or 2 of a season of MLB baseball in 10 years. I love March Madness, my wife is due w/ our 2nd kid on March 15th, I f*cked up. I wanted the kid in April. Now birthday parties for this kid will get in the way of the 1st round of the tourney. :cry:

Can you see the pics I linked on my other post or did I f up again where only I can see them?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
 

 




Looking for College Sports apparel? Support our partner:








Support Our Partners: Search Engine Marketing - Search Engine Optimization - Search Engine Training - Online Marketing for Restuarants

Subway Map Shirts - Food and Travel

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group