NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:09 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320 ... 353  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:23 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Hartford discussing "possible" future landing spots for AAC member UConn in light of ACC GOR announcement at http://www.courant.com/sports/college/h ... 5932.story

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:38 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Will Cincinnati, if it's still in the AAC, slide west in 2015?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:32 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

westwolf wrote:

I think it's inevitable unless Navy backs out. If the Midshipmen are gone then I expect Cincinnati will lobby hard to add a 12th member that can be readily slotted into the West so that the bearcats can remain in the East. Meanwhile UConn and Temple will try to insist upon UMass.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:16 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

fighting muskie wrote:
westwolf wrote:

I think it's inevitable unless Navy backs out. If the Midshipmen are gone then I expect Cincinnati will lobby hard to add a 12th member that can be readily slotted into the West so that the bearcats can remain in the East. Meanwhile UConn and Temple will try to insist upon UMass.

There was talk of 'sharing' Florida at one point sending UCF to the West, then it was mentioned that ECU may be the odd man out (having no real rivals) and could be slotted West too, and finally it was mentioned that Navy might prefer 2 games a year in TX/OK/LA for recruiting purposes, but yes Cincy makes the most sense geographically.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:04 pm 
Senior
Senior

Cinn makes geographical sense in the west but I don't think Navy minds being slotted there. They would be with universities closer to their size and be playing schools that were normally on their old schedules in the past especially with Tulane, SMU, and Tulsa. The years they don't play UConn and Temple they can schedule Rutgers out of conference for NE exposure and of course they always have the Army game for that region too. ECU would be on and off with league scheduling as a close Tidal area neighbor but they don't play on a regular basis now. The years they don't play them they can schedule Duke and Wake Forest regulars on their schedules now. As for Florida - Navy can rotate USF, UCF, FAU, or FIU, through on the schedule.

If Cinn is placed in the west it will give them exposure against Texas and Oklahoma schools in the in the B-12 region for a possible move there with WV if and when the B-12 goes back to 12 schools and a Championship Game. WV is already complaining about being on an island with heavy long distance travel. With Louisville moving to the ACC Cinn is hoping to fill that void in the B-12 that Louisville would have had eventually. IF this happens Navy stays in the east with UConn, Temple, ECU, UCF, and USF and will have to schedule other schools OOC in the Louisiana and Texas / Oklahoma regions when those western schools are not available along with ND, Army, Rutgers, Duke, Wake Forest, and Air Force OOC too. They will have 4 OOC to schedule those opponents. Part of the agreement to get Navy in the conference was that they only play an 8 game schedule to accommodate ND, Army, and Air Force on their schedule.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:06 am 
All-Star
All-Star

CBSSports blog article discussing new AAC logo at http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... eague-logo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:12 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

freaked4collegefb wrote:
CBSSports blog article discussing new AAC logo at http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... eague-logo

Anyone else think that the new logo is atrocious. I didn't think it could get worse than the new Big Ten logo but he folks in Providence have finally outdone Jim Delaney in something. Now the new Sunbelt logo, there's a sharp logo.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:01 am 
All-Star
All-Star

fighting muskie wrote:
freaked4collegefb wrote:

Anyone else think that the new logo is atrocious. I didn't think it could get worse than the new Big Ten logo but he folks in Providence have finally outdone Jim Delaney in something. Now the new Sunbelt logo, there's a sharp logo.

Speaking of the B1G, can Quinn or Freaked fix their logo, they trashed the TEN part at the bottom pretty quick after they debuted it. It's just B1G. My ocd would really like to see it updated.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:40 am 
All-Star
All-Star

The B1G logo is such a tease to 16. If they were serious about it not being so, the "G" wouldn't look like that. It also makes me think of Burger King.

AAC looks like one of those logos we'll only see for a very short amount of time...as in, "hey, wasn't there a conference that never took off after the Big East broke up?" I'm just waiting for UConn, Cincy, and Houston to end this misery.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:04 am 
All-Star
All-Star

The Bishin Cutter wrote:
The B1G logo is such a tease to 16. If they were serious about it not being so, the "G" wouldn't look like that. It also makes me think of Burger King.

AAC looks like one of those logos we'll only see for a very short amount of time...as in, "hey, wasn't there a conference that never took off after the Big East broke up?" I'm just waiting for UConn, Cincy, and Houston to end this misery.

Where do you think they will go? Big 12 doesn't seem to want to expand, and B1G, ACC and SEC are set.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:50 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

westwolf wrote:
The Bishin Cutter wrote:

Where do you think they will go? Big 12 doesn't seem to want to expand, and B1G, ACC and SEC are set.

At the very least, I think the bones are there for a new conference that takes "the best" of the Go5 (read: AAC, MWC, and BYU). I still feel Cincy and/or BYU is Big 12 material, and that this work being done by the conference is just posturing. Their revenue stream is capped until they get the CCG and its other benefits.

I also think UConn's basketball will get them into a major conference. UConn's problem is football.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:53 pm 
Junior
Junior

Westwolf, here is a possible solution:

Houston and Cincinnati to the B12 for a CCG; then U Conn and U Mass to the ACC for travel partners for lonely Boston College.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:33 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

BC is blackballing UConn, and no major conference has any interest in UMass.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:18 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

westwolf wrote:
BC is blackballing UConn, and no major conference has any interest in UMass.

Yeah, and UConn hasn't historically played nice with UMass. The last thing UConn wants to do is get back onto equal footing with the Minutemen. Even though it makes so much sense in the east. UMass won't get a sniff until UConn's out, which by that point, would be moot anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:47 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

As the American Athletic Conference ramps up its re-branding effort before debuting this fall, commissioner Mike Aresco hopes its new logo – a blue "A" with a red star in the middle – will serve as a symbol bringing familiarity and identity to a league that has spent the past several months in transition.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/co ... o/2369991/

the intent was to allow each member school to use the logo as part of their own branding including using it in their school colors
Some AAC fans have ran with this idea and have created several possibilities:

http://www.csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=634999

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/AmericanConf

Twitter:
@American_Conf
@American_FB
@American_MBB
@American_WBB
@American_Champs

They will launch the website on 7/1/2013
http://www.theamerican.org/

Last edited by bige on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320 ... 353  Next