NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards

Discussions by Conference:

NCAA Map
  It is currently Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:42 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 255, 256, 257, 258, 259
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:13 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

sec03 wrote:
lash wrote:
lash wrote:
sec03 wrote:
freaked4collegefb wrote:
Berry Tramel piece discussing why Nebraska is "unlikely" to leave the Big Ten for the Big 12 at http://www.newsok.com/why-nebraska-neve ... le/5436874" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What a pile of coyote defecated matter! Tramel did a hit piece before at the SEC when the SEC turned down the OU/oSu combo a few years back. Hey Berry, Texas A&M and Mizzou are AAU; OU and oSu are not. And whose this B1G Professor that went to Nebraska? I do know something directly about Professors and the Big 10. Enough there.

And maybe get the Johns Hopkins facts right.

If OU wants to move, fine. If they want to go to the B1G, fine too. Boren should tell this mouthpiece he's not helping.

Tramel can bloviate about OU academics and that they are preparing to try to get admitted to the AAU. Well that's dandy, but get in line behind Georgia, NC State, Colorado State, and a dozen others. And Nebraska lost their membership, and the B1G knew it was going to happen with Nebraska entering. And the B12 still has three AAU schools, and OU is not one of them.

I hope OU never comes to the SEC. I'd prefer the Longhorns. Texas is much better in every dimension.

sec03, why do you and a lot of folks assume Oklahoma wants to leave the Big 12? Wanting expansion and wanting to leave the league are entirely different issues. If Oklahoma wanted to leave the league, why would the President waste his time on the expansion committee and push to improve the Big 12 which obviously would make the league stronger.

One more point since you are an ACC fan, why do you care which school moves into the SEC?

First I was responding to an article of which the writer was suggestive of actions and potential opportunities that may involve Oklahoma. It was focused on the prior associations with Nebraska, and Nebraska's B1G situation. You couldn't grasp that? My view is that Oklahoma has been examining all their options, inclusive of expansion, which their President favored in his "psychologically disadvantaged" commentary.
Second, you sought to label me an ACC fan before, and I graciously responded after your rudeness. However, why does that question trouble you? Should I reference your hundreds of Big East posts and question why you have taken it upon yourself to be the monitor of a Big 12 thread on this website? I've been around with this a long time as well. Should posters submit to Quinn copies of their Big 12 school degrees to post here? Where is your Big 12 degree from if you have one? Given the low traffic nowadays, I would assume the site would welcome volume, and not have a member attempt to chase other posters and readers away. Cheers! Go Deacs!

I am only labeling you as an ACC fan simply because you never post anything negative about the ACC (well maybe Notre Dame!) and jump on anything that helps the ACC including any demise of the Big 12. Why is that consider to be rude? Either you are an ACC fan or you are not. What the issue with admitting to that.

First up, I am not a graduate or necessarily a fan of the Big 12 or any particular Big 12 school. As for my many Big East post, I never hide any facts about my disgust for how the ACC handled the raids against the old Big East. While not a graduate of the U of Miami, I was a fan of the school and attended may games in the old Orange Bowl and became a fan of the old Big East football league for that reason. Granted Miami had as much to do with the raid, it was how the ACC handled the raid that was the purpose of so many post in the past.

So there you go, I was fan of the old Big East and Miami and do not care much for the ACC then or now.

Edited:Freaked

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:22 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

The Big 12 is a much friendlier place than this site portrays. We are a BBQ conference. BBQ is very friendly...it hits the funny bone in the stomach.

I feel the conference as a whole has examined the subject of expansion, previously. They have made some decisions already, but, have not completed their finalization because many of these potential schools are still growing their campus and athletic programs. Which could make it hard to truly quantify who's really ahead of whom? And, might explain why Boren is frustrated. Boren probably says(I'm totally guessing)...add the BEST schools in the country and do it now, damn the travel! And, some others are just too cautious to run the cart that fast. Which could upset WVU since they feel exposed out on the flank. Come to think of it....I don't think OU wanted WVU in the first place??

Anyway...the schools in the Big 12, currently, are making more money than they have probably ever seen. And I would hazard a guess....that they might not want to do something that might negatively affect those new factors to any degree.

When and if expansion comes....
The conference will address the fact that WVU is out on a limb of sorts. One school will be added to fix that...to WVU's satisfaction. Doubtful that BYU is that school.

The second school added.....will not duplicate the WVU issue by heading the complete opposite direction, unless they fix the divisions to keep WVU from having to go all the way to Utah frequently. So, again...doubtful for BYU.
That may be why...the conference has already announced that they will not be looking west. Especially, if the new school or schools don't have to bring in as much money to keep everyone earning the same amount. With the need to bring in big dollars diminishing...that doesn't help BYU. Fit will be the deciding factor.

Personally, I don't doubt that BYU is a great school for the conference....but, that WVU thing is what is keeping it from happening. Without WVU...then BYU, New Mexico and Colorado St....and we are at 12. Which is the direction I thought we should have gone a while back...before having WVU(who I now really like). I really enjoy how scrappy WVU is at all sports. They fit in better than I would have thought. Which says a bunch about that school or, how little I paid attention to them previously?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:36 am 
All-Star
All-Star

FranktheTank blog article discussing "possible" future Big 12 realignment at http://frankthetank.me/2015/07/29/big-1 ... r-oklahoma

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:58 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

I say Big XII add BYU, Colorado State, Memphis, Cincinnati, UCF and USF. That would give them 16 and then break into East and West Divisions. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:42 am 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Finally, we now have 6 new schools to the Big 12. Read it here first.

http://wolverinegreen.com/news/2015/7/2 ... 54435.aspx

The future of college sports is now, here? :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 255, 256, 257, 258, 259