NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards

Discussions by Conference:

NCAA Map
  It is currently Sun May 01, 2016 3:02 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:42 am 
All-Star
All-Star

TKthunder wrote:
The main population areas in the state of Virginia (like Maryland) has become more of associated with the Northeast than the South over the last few decades, especially with the explosion of population in the DC suburbs. Meanwhile North Carolina has remained a solid Southern state. Also UNC's recent academic scandals would also have me beleive they'd be a better fit in the less than squeaky clean SEC.

Wrong and that nonsense is getting old. And the B1G and the ACC are squeaky clean? The B1G has their Jim Harbaugh''s and James Franklin's right now. That stuff is not new there. UNC's academic scandals has nothing to do with their future conference affiliation. The B1G would take UNC in a heartbeat.

Virginia is not leaving the ACC for the B1G, at least anytime soon. The B1G tried and failed.

UNC is not leaving the ACC for anywhere for years to come.

No ACC teams are going west to help Texas and be pawns for the LHN.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:04 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

sec03 wrote:
TKthunder wrote:
The main population areas in the state of Virginia (like Maryland) has become more of associated with the Northeast than the South over the last few decades, especially with the explosion of population in the DC suburbs. Meanwhile North Carolina has remained a solid Southern state. Also UNC's recent academic scandals would also have me beleive they'd be a better fit in the less than squeaky clean SEC.

Wrong and that nonsense is getting old. And the B1G and the ACC are squeaky clean? The B1G has their Jim Harbaugh''s and James Franklin's right now. That stuff is not new there. UNC's academic scandals has nothing to do with their future conference affiliation. The B1G would take UNC in a heartbeat.

Virginia is not leaving the ACC for the B1G, at least anytime soon. The B1G tried and failed.

I didn't ask the hypothetical...so I'm not sure why you're acting so snarky.

Yes, the SEC's reputation for cheating is worse than any other conference. You can argue that everyone else does it too (and I'd beleive you) , but the fact is the SEC is the poster child for cheating in cfb over the last decade (since Reggie Bush). Primarily it's Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, and MSU.

You left out the part of my quote where I said (if they decide to the leaf the ACC) which was the point of this topic of conversation. Which again I didn't start.

And why are you bring up the LHN or anything about Texas. I never said anything about them. Please keep your Big12 opinions on the God awful Big12 board.

Again this tone of conversation is why many of the long time posters have left this site. I really wish you guys could take a hint.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:19 am 
All-Star
All-Star

TKthunder wrote:
sec03 wrote:
TKthunder wrote:

Yes, the SEC's reputation for cheating is worse than any other conference. You can argue that everyone else does it too (and I'd beleive you) , but the fact is the SEC is the poster child for cheating in cfb over the last decade (since Reggie Bush). Primarily it's Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, and MSU.

You left out the part of my quote where I said (if they decide to the leaf the ACC) which was the point of this topic of conversation. Which again I didn't start.

And why are you bring up the LHN or anything about Texas. I never said anything about them. Please keep your Big12 opinions on the God awful Big12 board.

Again this tone of conversation is why many of the long time posters have left this site. I really wish you guys could take a hint.

You engage in projection. You have been praised for it prior by the webmaster. That is wrong. Your content is flawed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:44 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

sec03 wrote:
TKthunder wrote:
sec03 wrote:
TKthunder wrote:

You engage in projection. You have been praised for it prior by the webmaster. That is wrong. Your content is flawed.

You are irrationally defensive about a single conference and can not admit anything negative about it, nor do you debate the merits of others. Say what you like, I'll back up my assertions with facts, figures, and links when challenged. Meanwhile your contributions are shouting down others opinions of which you disagree. You are one of the reasons people are leaving this site in droves. Enjoy your echo chamber.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:24 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

TKthunder wrote:
sec03 wrote:
TKthunder wrote:
sec03 wrote:
TKthunder wrote:

You are irrationally defensive about a single conference and can not admit anything negative about it, nor do you debate the merits of others. Say what you like, I'll back up my assertions with facts, figures, and links when challenged. Meanwhile your contributions are shouting down others opinions of which you disagree. You are one of the reasons people are leaving this site in droves. Enjoy your echo chamber.

Perhaps I am very supportive of a particular conference. It is the conference you persistently bash. The one you note as "cheaters". It's also the conference you created a thread about called "SEC Bias". Look at your own writings. Your theme was ESPN and others were giving particular preference to the SEC at the exclusion of others. Given that ESPN is contracted with the SEC, and due to preferred viewership, the popularity of SEC programming is evident, promoted, and delivered. But ESPN is also partnered with the University of Texas in delivering the Longhorn Network. That is the most revenue disbursed by ESPN to one particular school (15 million per year?). ESPN is losing on it. But that's free of bias? Pot calling the kettle black?

I have posted here since 2003/04. I have distributed hundreds of links, facts, and figures from credentialed sources. This includes a listing of schools and conferences and their history of scandals, recruiting violations, and sanctions. The information is on this site. Look it up, I am not going to do that for you. You taking it upon yourself in identifying members, with your judgments, finger pointing, and agenda, as to whom should be allowed here, is quite disingenuous. I have seen several novice posters whereby you have degraded their messages, scolded, and questioned their contributions. Shall I remind you with the examples (shall I start with Kim Jung-whatever?)? Then you have the audacity to pick and choose names, in a highly personal way, that are "driving people off in droves"? There are site administrators who monitor dialogue. In my long years in posting, I believe I received two individual posts that were deleted/modified. One was about a comment I made speculating about an AD, that was not nasty, but perhaps was seen as sensitive. The other was some odd political reference external to any member. I suppose there have been some sequenced, off-topic deletions, but that happens among thousands of posts.

You mention the "God awful Big12 board"---your words. This is dissing the site and the folks posting there. Some of the posts are quite good, others are not. Posters come from varying backgrounds, experiences, interests, and familiarity. It is not beyond the norm of similar sites. And dialogue about re-alignment and expansion are in a slow period due to little possible movement outside the Big 12 and some lower tier conferences.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:50 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

I'd just like to say that I value all of the discourse and perspectives that are offered on these boards. I hope we can all keep things civil here.

I think there is a grain of truth that a conference's media partner is certainly going to try to portray the conferences that it is invested and and are its most profitable. It has been my observation that ESPN tends to pay more attention and paint in a positive light the Big Ten and SEC while giving less attention to conferences like the Big 12 and ACC. Stories regarding the Big 12, internal strife, and expansion rumors seem to be good for business because they generate scandal and attention.

That's my take.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:57 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

sec03 wrote:
Perhaps I am very supportive of a particular conference. It is the conference you persistently bash. The one you note as "cheaters". It's also the conference you created a thread about called "SEC Bias". Look at your own writings. Your theme was ESPN and others were giving particular preference to the SEC at the exclusion of others. Given that ESPN is contracted with the SEC, and due to preferred viewership, the popularity of SEC programming is evident, promoted, and delivered. But ESPN is also partnered with the University of Texas in delivering the Longhorn Network. That is the most revenue disbursed by ESPN to one particular school (15 million per year?). ESPN is losing on it. But that's free of bias? Pot calling the kettle black?

I have posted here since 2003/04. I have distributed hundreds of links, facts, and figures from credentialed sources. This includes a listing of schools and conferences and their history of scandals, recruiting violations, and sanctions. The information is on this site. Look it up, I am not going to do that for you. You taking it upon yourself in identifying members, with your judgments, finger pointing, and agenda, as to whom should be allowed here, is quite disingenuous. I have seen several novice posters whereby you have degraded their messages, scolded, and questioned their contributions. Shall I remind you with the examples (shall I start with Kim Jung-whatever?)? Then you have the audacity to pick and choose names, in a highly personal way, that are "driving people off in droves"? There are site administrators who monitor dialogue. In my long years in posting, I believe I received two individual posts that were deleted/modified. One was about a comment I made speculating about an AD, that was not nasty, but perhaps was seen as sensitive. The other was some odd political reference external to any member. I suppose there have been some sequenced, off-topic deletions, but that happens among thousands of posts.

You mention the "God awful Big12 board"---your words. This is dissing the site and the folks posting there. Some of the posts are quite good, others are not. Posters come from varying backgrounds, experiences, interests, and familiarity. It is not beyond the norm of similar sites. And dialogue about re-alignment and expansion are in a slow period due to little possible movement outside the Big 12 and some lower tier conferences.

LOL yes I bash the SEC, by creating a thread to discuss the bias shown to them. I use evidence, highlight news stories and that irritates you...I get that. I would want you to debate the merits of my claim but instead you once again only bring up the LHN like it's your favorite trump card against me.

Please highlight any examples where ESPN is promoting the UT and I can show you twice as many where they deride them. That is something I would enjoy to debate, on a separate thread if you're interested. That would be an appropriate place for you to let loose on all your LHN theories, and I wouldn't mind it one bit, (and if I did I'd simply ignore the thread like I do the Big12 one). Thats how it should happen, what shouldn't happen is for you or anyone to throw the LHN in my face for some unrelated reason simply because I have a Texas helmet in my signature.

I know your history here and I know who posts here too. I have no issues with anybody posting just about anything they want, unless it crosses into meanness, bullying or trolling. Then I simply call them out, I have no idea how that's me doing anything in a highly personal way. I have no control here, I'm sorry if it bugs you but I'd rather keep this place civil and help the moderators spot these events whenever possible. If no action comes from my posts then so be it, the goal is not to shut people up its to control the tone, which the moderators agreed was getting out of hand. Longtime posters who you and I have seen for years are leaving this site. That is a fact. Many have messaged me privately giving me their personal information so that we can communicate elsewhere as many have grown tired the toxic tone on this board and that's a shame.

Feel free to read what started this line of posts. You could have addressed muskie's hypothetical and made your point, but instead decided to single in on my comment deride me for answering it and then added a throw away line about the LHN for little to no reason. That is not productive or relevant. Whether you call it trolling, baiting, or just plain mean spirited, the point is that you could and should be better than that. I called you on it and you got defensive and lashed out at me and made it personal, which is what you accused me of doing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:10 am 
Sophomore
Sophomore

"...and help the moderators spot these events
whenever possible.."

Inspiring, selfless, and owed so much
gratitude.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:36 pm 
Junior
Junior

TKthunder wrote:

LOL yes I bash the SEC, by creating a thread to discuss the bias shown to them. I use evidence, highlight news stories and that irritates you...I get that. I would want you to debate the merits of my claim but instead you once again only bring up the LHN like it's your favorite trump card against me.

Please highlight any examples where ESPN is promoting the UT and I can show you twice as many where they deride them. That is something I would enjoy to debate, on a separate thread if you're interested. That would be an appropriate place for you to let loose on all your LHN theories, and I wouldn't mind it one bit, (and if I did I'd simply ignore the thread like I do the Big12 one). Thats how it should happen, what shouldn't happen is for you or anyone to throw the LHN in my face for some unrelated reason simply because I have a Texas helmet in my signature.

I know your history here and I know who posts here too. I have no issues with anybody posting just about anything they want, unless it crosses into meanness, bullying or trolling. Then I simply call them out, I have no idea how that's me doing anything in a highly personal way. I have no control here, I'm sorry if it bugs you but I'd rather keep this place civil and help the moderators spot these events whenever possible. If no action comes from my posts then so be it, the goal is not to shut people up its to control the tone, which the moderators agreed was getting out of hand. Longtime posters who you and I have seen for years are leaving this site. That is a fact. Many have messaged me privately giving me their personal information so that we can communicate elsewhere as many have grown tired the toxic tone on this board and that's a shame.

Feel free to read what started this line of posts. You could have addressed muskie's hypothetical and made your point, but instead decided to single in on my comment deride me for answering it and then added a throw away line about the LHN for little to no reason. That is not productive or relevant. Whether you call it trolling, baiting, or just plain mean spirited, the point is that you could and should be better than that. I called you on it and you got defensive and lashed out at me and made it personal, which is what you accused me of doing.

I don't want to get in the middle of all this, but on a side note, you mention how ESPN has a ton of articles where they deride UT. I don't know if you meant that as an institution they deride them or ESPN derides their programs. But from an on the field/court perspective, hasn't Texas kind of earned some of the negativity thrown their way. They have fallen way off on the football field and Texas hoops hasn't really delivered. I don't understand how Texas can be (not trying to be offensive) so average in basketball. The state of Texas has some really good high school basketball programs and yet as the state flagship university, the Longhorns never really seem like they're that good.

Again, I'm not trying to pick a fight here. ESPN created the Longhorn Network thinking they were getting the Vince Young, Colt McCoy, Kevin Durrant Texas. So far that has not been the case. So from ESPN's point of view, there probably are some sour grapes. Maybe justifiably so wouldn't you agree. Not throwing it in your face, just saying that is probably why ESPN is bit more negative with Texas than they probably should be. I will say this, when FSU was down at the end of the Bowden era, they didn't seem to play it up as much as they do with Texas these days.

Without us breaking into a civil war on here, I honestly don't think anybody can look at another conference (P5) and call them cheaters. The Pac 12 has had their problems- Oregon, USC, Washington State. The SEC has had there share. The Big 12 with OSU, OU, and all the old SWC crossovers (Kansas, K-state, and Iowa State are probably clean- look at their W & L columns). The ACC has had issues with FSU, Miami, Louisville, and UNC off the top of my head. The Big 10 had tOSU, Penn State, Illinois, Rutgers. My point is that every conference has issues or coaches who are doing things they shouldn't be doing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:42 am 
All-Star
All-Star

AL.com article with comments from SEC Commish regarding various topics at http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016 ... ioner.html

ALSO:Please be reminded that this is a harassment & bully free MB.If you have questions about that please read "Rules of the Forum" thread at viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1804

Thanks
Freaked

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:02 am 
All-Star
All-Star

SBN blog article discussing "possibility" that reported future Big Ten tv revenue boost "may" cause SEC to "consider' future expansion at http://www.rockmnation.com/2016/4/21/11 ... EALIGNMENT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:24 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

freaked4collegefb wrote:
SBN blog article discussing "possibility" that reported future Big Ten tv revenue boost "may" cause SEC to "consider' future expansion at http://www.rockmnation.com/2016/4/21/11 ... EALIGNMENT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Forget about this tidy four 16 member power league concept and think more about how we eventually get to one major league with two major conferences (i.e. NFC and AFC of NFL). This method has all 64 power schools in one huge league.

I have always thought the SEC and Big 12 should just merge to begin the start of the SEC or one of the NFL type power conferences. It would be very easy to split the 24 schools into four six team divisions which would allow for semi final and final championship games.

The Big Ten can start the merge of the other power conference with Pac 12.

SEC West: Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, Arkansas

SEC North: Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa State

SEC South: LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Alabama, Auburn, Florida

SEC East: Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, West Virginia

The SEC picks up FOX with the Big 12 and ESPN keeps the LHN with the SECN.

It is the destiny of power leagues to eventually be in one big NFL style league.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78