NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards

Discussions by Conference:

NCAA Map
  It is currently Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:56 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:03 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Oklahoma is clearly angry with how things are in the Big 12 and if they can't get their expansion they going to shop for a new home. I know the perceived SEC expansion targets are schools in Virginia and North Carolina but would they consider the combination of Oklahoma and one of the following: Kansas, WVU, or Oklahoma St? Or they could pair them with an eastern expansion school from the East.

My other thought is that they pursue Big Ten membership with either Kansas or Missouri as a proposed partner. This also would seem an odd move since Notre Dame and an eastern school are their rumored preference; plus the AAU thing. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:27 pm 
Junior
Junior

fighting muskie wrote:
Oklahoma is clearly angry with how things are in the Big 12 and if they can't get their expansion they going to shop for a new home. I know the perceived SEC expansion targets are schools in Virginia and North Carolina but would they consider the combination of Oklahoma and one of the following: Kansas, WVU, or Oklahoma St? Or they could pair them with an eastern expansion school from the East.

My other thought is that they pursue Big Ten membership with either Kansas or Missouri as a proposed partner. This also would seem an odd move since Notre Dame and an eastern school are their rumored preference; plus the AAU thing. Thoughts?

I think the SEC's #1 choice is UNC and they would do just about anything to bring them into the fold, possibly even taking Duke.
If UNC is off the table, then I believe OU would be the top candidate, should they be available. Oklahoma is a mid sized state but it is a football fanatical state, just like the SEC. I don't think the SEC would be all that interested in doubling down in Oklahoma and taking OSU. However, I have been saying for a while that Kansas poses some intrigue. They would give the SEC a lot more credibility in terms of men's hoops, which was an emphasis of former commissioner Mike Slive.

In terms of the Big 10, their goal is south, whether it be through the Midwest or down the Atlantic Coast, they want to go where the people are moving. IMO UNC, UVA, Ga Tech, and possibly FSU are their top candidates going that direction. Obviously they would take Notre Dame in a heartbeat.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:16 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Institutionally, I think OU and WVU would be great fits in the SEC.
(neither are incredibly populous states, but both have rabid fan base).

Not sure the SEC wants WVU.... but WVU is quite isolated in the Big XII....

Anyone leaving the Big XII would need to go to court and reach a settlement $ amount to buy back their GOR.
It would likely be money similar to what Maryland is paying the ACC...
(OUCH !)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77