NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards

Discussions by Conference:

NCAA Map
  It is currently Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:51 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1013 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:08 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Jon Wilner blog article(previously posted in another thread)with comments from PAC 12 Commish regarding PAC 12 revenue gap situation at http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegespo ... ig-ten-sec

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:33 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

I have never visited Eugene...but, can say I am thoroughly impressed with how freakin beautiful the scenery is up there, while watching the Olympic trials. The pics and views around the track and field stadium are breathtaking. It must be an awesome place to go to school.

Big XII

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:38 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Tucson(previously posted in another thread)with news from PAC 12 media day at http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcat ... ce740.html

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:39 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Dennis Dodd article discussing report that PAC 12 "may" be interested in expanding with schools "like" Houston at http://www.cbssports.com/college-footba ... oing-there

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:03 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

freaked4collegefb wrote:
Dennis Dodd article discussing report that PAC 12 "may" be interested in expanding with schools "like" Houston at http://www.cbssports.com/college-footba ... oing-there" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If the Pac 12 is really desperate to expand their footprint and gain some tv sets in a populous state like Texas Houston could be a step towards achieving that. the trouble is I really think you need a pair of Texas schools to cover the state and the other non-Power 5 options--SMU, Rice, UTEP, etc aren't in the position to move up. The Pac 12 would probably have to add a school within their current footprint like San Diego St or BYU or stomach adding a school with weak academics like Boise St. I'm not sure that the Pac 12 are willing to make either of those moves just for a Texas toe hold.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:21 am 
Junior
Junior

Pac-12 blew it by not taking the Oklahoma brothers when they had the chance. Now their best candidate is clearly BYU or heck maybe Kansas if the Big Ten doesn't want the Jayhawks in 2025.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:01 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, if and when the PAC expands, I think it's going to have to be to 16 (keeping the old PAC-8 together in a western division).
They could grab BYU, Colorado State, SDSU, Boise State, Hawaii inside their footprint
(they currently have the FBS "ownership" of the Pacific and Mountain time zones)

But to increase their PER SCHOOL revenue, they will likely need to penetrate the Texas / Oklahoma markets.
So if they were to expand, I see the PAC adding 4 schools to a division that would include AU, ASU, Utah, and Colorado.

If they sit still too long, Big XII could penetrate THEIR footprint and grab BYU and Colorado State.
PAC might be smart to think about making a move...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:31 pm 
Senior
Senior

If the big xii goes to big xiv
While not going to 16, I can see the pac xii going to pac xiv to keep up with the other p5 conferences

Options will be limited
I don't see BYU even if the big xii don't take them, as BYU doesn't really fit
Nor does Boise State fit
Nothing left in Texas

Either doubling down on Colorado and Utah with CSU and USU
Expanding into fresh territory with Nevada and New Mexico
Maybe Hawaii?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1013 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68