NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:08 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1033 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 69  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:33 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Mark Blaudschun blog article reporting that ACC Commish is still trying to get enough votes to pull trigger on next ACC expansion move at http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=3877

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:46 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

sec03 wrote:
Well, Maryland can file a counter-suit in Baltimore or elsewhere in MD. While the ACC has headquarters in the State of North Carolina, Maryland may challenge that jurisdiction (remember what WVU did per leaving the BE). UM is a State of Maryland institution, and the ACC is not all State of North Carolina entities. The State of North Carolina rules that Maryland must pay? How is a North Carolina State court going to enforce it (another State insitution) without federal court?

Such may end up before some Judge who shall direct them to engage in a negotiated agreement/compromise or possibly ask both parties to agree to accept the terms from a binding arbitrator.

BRAVO, couldn't have said it better myself. If only you had spelled institution right... ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:51 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

tkalmus wrote:
sec03 wrote:
Well, Maryland can file a counter-suit in Baltimore or elsewhere in MD. While the ACC has headquarters in the State of North Carolina, Maryland may challenge that jurisdiction (remember what WVU did per leaving the BE). UM is a State of Maryland institution, and the ACC is not all State of North Carolina entities. The State of North Carolina rules that Maryland must pay? How is a North Carolina State court going to enforce it (another State insitution) without federal court?

Such may end up before some Judge who shall direct them to engage in a negotiated agreement/compromise or possibly ask both parties to agree to accept the terms from a binding arbitrator.

BRAVO, couldn't have said it better myself. If only you had spelled institution right... ;)

Thanks, tkalmus. opps, i did leave out a "t", pardon me--does this site have spell check still? If so, I haven't used it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:05 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

freaked4collegefb wrote:
Mark Blaudschun blog article reporting that ACC Commish is still trying to get enough votes to pull trigger on next ACC expansion move at http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=3877

So if this is true, then among UNC, Duke, UVA, and WFU, one of them has to change their minds for Louisville to be the pick.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:18 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

sec03 wrote:
freaked4collegefb wrote:

So if this is true, then among UNC, Duke, UVA, and WFU, one of them has to change their minds for Louisville to be the pick.

And if Wake or Duke change their minds (assuming just 14 teams) does that irritate UNC/UVA enough to head to the Big Ten? Seems rather short sided to go against an expansion candidates for one of the 2 major conference looking to pick you apart.

VA Tech and NCSU can't go anywhere until UNC/UVA do, so is this the ACC saying we are more scared of the Big 12 than the Big Ten?

BTW I've been reading on $ sites that the Big 12 would be interested in creating an Eastern division if the Big Ten and SEC raid the ACC for UNC/UVA and VA Tech/NCSU.

West-Texas, TX Tech, Baylor, TCU, OU, OSU, KU, KSU, ISU
East-Miami, FSU, GA Tech, Clemson, Duke, Lville, Pitt, WVU, Syracuse

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:09 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Fitting that Navy made it into speculation as a replacement school in the ACC. It would keep the ACC in MD, you'd get a small, national football program, and it may be the kind of acquisition that persuades Notre Dame to settle its football there. Seems too logical to be true, but institutionally, they do fit.

If it is true, don't put it past the ACC to offer Navy full membership. Yes, the basketball is TERRIBLE...but the conference does get back other competitive programs, including that lacrosse team.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:42 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Hearing ACC has 7 AM conf call tomorrow and they're gonna pick Louisville over UConn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:21 am 
All-Star
All-Star

proof

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story ... ource-says

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:16 am 
All-Star
All-Star

The cancer has metastasized, folks. ACC's doomed.

Standards are completely dropped. I suspect the B1G is going to get some interesting calls from both within the ACC and Big East.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:04 am 
Senior
Senior

It's Louisville

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... louisville

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:23 am 
Senior
Senior

The ACC picking Louisville over Uconn is an admission by the ACC that they made a mistake by not taking WVU. So much for academics.

Mistake by Big 12, not taking Louisville.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:39 am 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Well , at least now the ACC will have a team that can beat it's instate SEC rival.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:12 am 
All-Star
All-Star

I got the vibe from numerous reports that IF Notre Dame was a FB member (essentially #15) of the ACC instead of independent FB, UConn would've been voted in along with Louisville.

There is a real scheduling problem with 15 FB members apparently, and that served to limit the ACC to adding only 1 school.

Pressure will mount on ND to give up FB independence, but they've shown they are relatively immune to such pressure.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:17 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

tute79 wrote:
I got the vibe from numerous reports that IF Notre Dame was a FB member (essentially #15) of the ACC instead of independent FB, UConn would've been voted in along with Louisville.

There is a real scheduling problem with 15 FB members apparently, and that served to limit the ACC to adding only 1 school.

Pressure will mount on ND to give up FB independence, but they've shown they are relatively immune to such pressure.

And I've heard that they are still pursuing Navy as a fb only to offset ND. If Navy joins then UConn is the obvious #16.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:20 pm 
Junior
Junior

tkalmus wrote:
tute79 wrote:

And I've heard that they are still pursuing Navy as a fb only to offset ND. If Navy joins then UConn is the obvious #16.

I would love for them to go after Cincinnati instead.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1033 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 69  Next