NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:44 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1051 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:47 pm 
Sophomore
Sophomore

ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
TKthunder wrote:
If the ACC added NDfb, WVU and Cincy then they have 6 pretty strong ties to the ACC.

Possible ACC North - BC, Syracuse, ND, Lville, Cincy, Pitt, WVU, VPI

Good point you've shared TK. That might make up a great division. However, it would have happened only if that was like a few years ago, or if Cincinnati (along with Louisville) have joined with West Virginia & TCU to the Big XII for at least last season. That way, Marlyand & Rutgers wouldn't had planned to join the Big TEN.

About 5 years ago, Cincy had a dominant regular season within the AAC (then known as the old Big East) and made it to the Sugar Bowl, despite losing it to Florida. The Bearcats could have won that game and possibly gained some prominence to gain at least a share of a national title because of ending the season unbeaten (despite the BCS title game of Texas & Alabama); and eventually the school would be on the expansion talk within the P-5 conferences like the ACC or the Big XII (the closest leagues for UC) during the realignment.

Oh, I nearly forgot. Prior to Louisville deciding to join the ACC in late 2012 (as well as the 2013 Sugar Bowl and the 2012-13 men's basketball national title run to end the old Big East), what exactly brought or motivated the Cardinals to receive an invite in the first place? And aside from that (as well as basketball), which kinds of success did L'Ville had ever since their 1st trip to a BCS bowl game in 2007?

Louisville was a better option than Cincy or UConn. They spend more on athletics than every other ACC school with figures released, and probably more than all the private schools except maybe ND. All of the basketball and football success made them more appealing to every school, whereas UConn football and Cincy fb and basketball don't have as much success. Even in olympic sports Louisville has more success in. Yes they're a move-up school, but 20 years ago UConn was FCS and Cincy and UL were equals until recently. Louisville managed to become as competitive overall as schools like UNC, FSU, etc. Cincy and UConn haven't.

I'm not so sure UConn would even make the ACC if it went to 16 anyway. From what I gather, BC and 'Cuse would block UConn. But I don't get why WVU isn't in either with the Pitt/Cuse/BC/VT bloc in now unless there are things I don't know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1051 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71