NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:47 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:09 pm 
I like C-USA,
but here are the thoughts of others at http://ncaasports.proboards10.com/index.cgi?board=news&action=display&thread=1077550522

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:37 pm 
They should probably drop to I-AA into the A-10.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:55 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Temple would fit nicely in the A-10 with Villanova and Delaware.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:43 pm 
I thought C-USA was D-1aa. ;) ;D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:13 pm 
Well, I see that Owlfie is not that Great..... You would give some credit to he/she of knowing better. Study up! Just don't think! Learn somethin' 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:39 pm 
Are you kidding?
C-USA isn't D-1aa?
;) ;D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:45 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

Temple Belongs in either the MAC or back in the Big East...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:18 pm 
How serious is C-USA's desire for Temple? If they do have a standing offer to join C-USA but are being held back by an aging John Chaney, it's not like the MAC will be knocking down their doors looking for unwieldy 13th (football-only) school with suspect attendance prospects. Granted, if Eastern Michigan or Kent is demoted from I-A and a replacement is needed, then the dynamic changes, but...Temple would need to be able to survive for a few years as an independent (and be able to schedule a minimum number of I-A home games). I understand where Chaney is coming from, but if Temple is serious about retaining I-A membership, it's not as though they have limitless options. Honestly, what is it going to take for certain schools (i.e. San Jose State, Temple, Idaho) to terminate/downgrade their doomed I-A programs?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:10 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Temple is not being considered for CUSA. UTEP is team #12.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:05 pm 
THAT'S ME!!!! I was the one who submitted that question to the Commish of the Sun Belt!!! That's crazy!!!

The Commish also said if you read the article from the website that they will have another school by July 1, I'm thinking Temple will get that invitation even if LA Tech Joins the SBC.

It's such a small world lol!!

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:34 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Temple football in the Sun Belt? No more band aids, PLEASE! Somebody please ask the NCAA to waive all membership requirements so the conferences can sort out something more final!

I have to agree with the poster who suggested at least the MAC schools may bring fans. Arkansas St., FAU and the other Belt schools likely won't. Plus, the MAC has more bowl tie ins. The BElt may be better than independent status, but I'd rather my school play more big names and regional games, especially if I think another conference opportunity may come along in the not-too-distant future.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next