Assume that Baylor got voted out of the Big XII for troubles surrounding its basketball program. Who would you look for a replacement? To everyone that posts on this board, you can decide.
1. Obviously, the first choices are LSU & Arkansas, but I dont' see either one leaving the SEC.
2. I discount private schools because they lack the politcal pork a goverment can bring to bear to help a school get/stay conpetitive: TCU, SMU & Tulane are out.
3. That leaves 3 choices in the area: New Mexico, Colorado State and Houston.
4. New Mexico has been good in BB, but has not done much in FB, the Big 12's lifeblood. The school is about as far from TX Tech and Baylor, so that does keep a "rival" for them in the area.
5. Colorado State has had recent FB success. Adding them means moving Mizzou to the South and away from their closest rivals.
6. Houston stinks now but was playing FB & BB at an elite level 20 years ago. They are in a state that does like to spend money, so they may be able to get something from the government to enable them to push more $$$ into athletics.
At this stage, my vote is for Houston.