NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:49 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:20 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Quote:
Apparently the natives are restless in Syracuse country.Now some of them want to leave the BE.Check it out at http://www.kaleo.org/vnews/display.v/ART/2003/10/20/3f93753b7c63b

No mention of where Syracuse should "scoot" to. I can't envision any safe harbor for them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:41 pm 
BlackGold,good work with your digging.As I previously indicated(on another thread),the Miami countersuit arguably should lead to sometype of settlement,sooner rather than later so that the realignment process can proceed relatively unhindered.
In any event,I anticipate some BE action(C-USA raid) next month.However,I doubt that it will be all concluded on 11-4 03 and some work may even be dragged on past November.Comments?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:30 am 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Maybe one of those more knowledgeable about the BE can explain to me how all the current talk about USF, and additionally UCF, and Army/Navy will make the BE more profitable. It seems like a league rife with special formulas, special payouts, special incentives, special scheduling, special crossover considerations, special limitations, etc. etc. etc. No wonder they have such a tough time agreeing on anything--it takes weeks just to figure it all out. The accountants and lawyers at the commissioners office and the various schools must be the only ones that will be profitable in the evolving complicated morrass of obligations, confederations, and affiliations (what did I just say?). Reminds me of one of those West Virginia patched-up pickup trucks overloaded with possessions, losing a bit every bump along the road, rather than a sleek Lexis cruising along the interstate...

8-)

Last edited by javaman on Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next