All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Conference changes in D2
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:56 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

NCAA Division II Upcoming Changes
( Last updated: July 16, 2004)

California Collegiate Athletic Conference:
Cal State-Monterey Bay will join the conference in the 2004-05 season, replacing UC Davis -- which is moving its program to the Big West Conference of NCAA Division I. CSU-Monterey Bay will be eligible for conference titles beginning with the 2008-09 season.

Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference:
All of the schools that have moved from the NAIA ranks to this conference have completed their compliance requirements to become full NCAA Division II members. Philadelphia University will join the conference in 2005-06.

Great Lakes Valley Conference:
Drury, Missouri-Rolla and Rockhurst will join the conference beginning in the 2005-06 season.

Heartland Conference:
Drury and Rockhurst will leave the conference at the conclusion of the 2004-05 season to join the Great Lakes Valley Conference.

Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association: Missouri-Rolla is leaving the conference at the end of the 2004-05 season to join the Great Lakes Valley Conference. The MIAA intends to add a school to replace UMR and is expected to announce that institution at a later date.

New York Collegiate Athletic Conference:
Philadelphia University is leaving the conference following the 2004-05 season to join the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference.

North Central Conference:
Minnesota-Duluth has joined the conference for the 2004-05 season after previously playing in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference. North Dakota State and South Dakota State have left the NCC to compete at the NCAA Division I level.

Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference:
Minnesota-Duluth has left conference following the 2003-04 season.

Peach Belt Athletic Conference:
South Carolina Spartanburg has changed its name to South Carolina Upstate, effective July 1, 2004.

Sunshine State Conference:
Nova Southeastern is now eligible for league championships beginning in the 2004-05 school year.

Independents:
Florida Gulf Coast has been granted full NCAA Division II status starting with the 2004-05 season. Longwood has left the NCAA Division II ranks to compete in NCAA Division I.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:59 pm 
Updates:

Heartland adds MT Sate Billings
Mid-America adds Fort Hays State
North Sun adds Upper Iowa And U of Mary from Naia
Peach Belt adds North Georgia C & State but loses North Florida and Kennesaw State to Atlantic Sun at Division I
Gulf South loses Central Arkansas to division I and maybe West Georgia too
CIAA loses Winston -Salem State to Division I and Maybe NC CEntral too
RMAC adds Western New Mexico
PSAC might lose Indiana of PA to division IO
Independents loses PR Humacao and Upper Iowa but adds Chowan and maybe Point Park

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:18 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Quote:
Updates:

Heartland adds Montana State-Billings
Mid-America adds Fort Hays State
Northern Sun adds Upper Iowa And U of Mary from NAIA
Peach Belt adds North Georgia C & State but loses North Florida and Kennesaw State to Atlantic Sun at Division I
Gulf South loses Central Arkansas to division I and maybe West Georgia too
CIAA loses Winston-Salem State to Division I and Maybe NC Central too
RMAC adds Western New Mexico
PSAC might lose Indiana of PA to division IO
Independents loses PR Humacao and Upper Iowa but adds Chowan and maybe Point Park

I checked this post very carefully and here are the corrections of the updates for the 2005-2006 season:

-----Heartland adds Montana State-Billings (true)
-----Mid-America adds Fort Hays State (false: Remains in the RMAC)
-----Northern Sun adds Upper Iowa and the University of Mary from NAIA (maybe soon)
-----Peach Belt adds North Georgia C & State but loses North Florida and Kennesaw State to Atlantic Sun at Division I (for N. Georgia C & State, true; for Kennesaw State and North Florida, true)
-----Gulf South loses Central Arkansas to division I and maybe West Georgia too (false: Both remain in the Gulf South)
-----CIAA loses Winston-Salem State to Division I and Maybe NC Central too (false: Remains in the CIAA)
-----RMAC adds Western New Mexico (false: Joined the Heartland)
-----PSAC might lose Indiana of PA to division IO (unsure)
-----Independents loses PR Humacao and Upper Iowa but adds Chowan and maybe Point Park (false: Both are in the NAIA, except for UPR-Humacao)

Thanks for your cooperation.

Yours truly,

John

P.S.: Unless show the dates when the universities will leave one conference and/or join another. By the way, I like the name "South Carolina-Spartanburg".

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:52 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Fort Hays State is joining the MIAA next year not this season, so that is true.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:59 pm 
Geez, you people are bored. Why not list the changes in HS? Besides the collective 2 people who really care what happens in D2 and these obscure 100 student body schools. Yawn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:30 am 
Senior
Senior

*Refuses to dignify the previous post with comment*

Anyways... to kind of verify this... Puerto Rico-Humacao is out of DII, apparently participating in the LIA only. Upper Iowa joins the Northern Sun, along with the University of Mary, in 2006. The article is:

http://www.smsuspur.com/media/paper514/n....c-948260. shtml

Chowan is an independent in DIII, and Point Park is in the NAIA.

Last edited by tarkiokid on Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:20 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

About Puerto Rico-Humacao, that university is a member institution of the Puerto Rican Intercollegiate Athletic League or (LAI in Spanish abbreviations). For more, see my thread in the Conference History Project.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!