NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:54 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 12:39 am 
Now, here's a thought. Assuming that UC Davis and Humboldt State jump to DI, they will be on the same page with Cal Poly, St. Mary's, and Sac State. And if Utah State decides, "Screw DI-A, let's got to I-AA," that makes it 6 teams. And if Northridge resuscitates its football team, as well as Pacific's, LBSU's, and even UCSB's, we have a 10-team conference.

Now, if all of this were to happen, the Big West Conference would be back in full stride. But this is just me weighing the possibilities. In a perfect world, this could be possible. But wouldn't you imagine what this would mean, to have the Big West Conference play football...again?

Give me your thoughts. I know this is far-fetched, but hey, in this world, anything's possible. And it starts with Davis moving on up... ::)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 11:29 am 
Freshman
Freshman

One little problem with that...Utah State just accepted a bid for all sports membership into the Sun Belt Conference as of 2003.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 3:59 pm 

Quote:
One little problem with that...Utah State just accepted a bid for all sports membership into the Sun Belt Conference as of 2003.

Expendable. We can replace them with Fullerton State (assming they give football another shot).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:54 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

"In a perfect world, this could be possible. But wouldn't you imagine what this would mean, to have the Big West Conference play football...again?"

#####It sounds almost as horrific as having to play BB in those tiny crowd free boxes the BWC calls basketball arenas. Pig Waste Conference football is dead and may it forever remain so.

"Give me your thoughts. I know this is far-fetched, but hey, in this world, anything's possible. And it starts with Davis moving on up... ::)"[/quote]

#####If Davis moves up look for them to petition the Big Sky to become a travel partner for Sac. St. The BSC wants to expand but finds D1AA newcomers from the Dakotas and Colorado to be too far away. The Pig Waste is happy to be an all California BB/VB bus leauge and with USU moving on and UI pleading with the ISBOE to let them put all of their sports in the SBC, they are getting just what they want. Go Riverside?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:00 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Bring Back the Big West I miss the raisin bowl :'(