NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:37 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 37  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:44 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
freaked4collegefb wrote:
ESPN article with comments from A-10 Commish who says that "so far" no member schools have given notice of leaving for the new BE/Catholic 7 league at http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story ... ioner-says

De-nial is not a river in Africa

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:48 am 
Offline
Freshman
Freshman

Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:37 pm
Posts: 5
She was probably asked the question and responded as she should have. It's not denial, just stating facts and then people want to run and make statements like you did.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:26 pm 
Offline
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:05 am
Posts: 3811
Mconner1201 wrote:
She was probably asked the question and responded as she should have. It's not denial, just stating facts and then people want to run and make statements like you did.


Indeed. Since no school has formally notified the conference that they are leaving, no conference admin is going to publicly speculate. Yes, we know Xavier and Butler are gone next year ($2 million per school to leave early) once the BE-C7 comes to be. And if Creighton isn't the #10 pick, it will be St. Louis/Richmond/Dayton...and a year later 2 more from that group of 5 might be invited to the BE-C7. And once that happens, the A10 admins like McGlade will make statements that express disappointment in the schools leaving combined with thanks for their service. Pretty straightforward process.

_________________
Image

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Image
Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:55 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
Mconner1201 wrote:
She was probably asked the question and responded as she should have. It's not denial, just stating facts and then people want to run and make statements like you did.

My statement is a fact. Not my fault that Xavier and Butler haven't told her yet. Soon St.Louis and Dayton will let her in on the worst kept secret, that she better already know about. She should also be talking to the rest of the A10 on replacement options. When you don't have a plan(logical) in place you end up like the WAC or nBE

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:56 pm 
Offline
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:05 am
Posts: 3811
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Mconner1201 wrote:
She was probably asked the question and responded as she should have. It's not denial, just stating facts and then people want to run and make statements like you did.

My statement is a fact. Not my fault that Xavier and Butler haven't told her yet. Soon St.Louis and Dayton will let her in on the worst kept secret, that she better already know about. She should also be talking to the rest of the A10 on replacement options. When you don't have a plan(logical) in place you end up like the WAC or nBE


Indeed. She handled things fine...nothing is official, so no need to make any public statements yet. But Xavier and Butler are gone. St. Louis and Dayton and/or Richmond as well. The A10 will be what it was back in the 1990's, swapping Rutgers and WVU (not basketball powers in the A10) with either Dayton/Richmond (whomever stays) and VCU. It's a huge drop for the A10, but it's still a quality conference. Just look who is making the tourney (or on the bubble) from the A10. VCU, LaSalle seem in, even UMass is a few wins away from getting in (with an A10 tourney run).

_________________
Image

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Image
Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:43 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
Quinn wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Mconner1201 wrote:
She was probably asked the question and responded as she should have. It's not denial, just stating facts and then people want to run and make statements like you did.

My statement is a fact. Not my fault that Xavier and Butler haven't told her yet. Soon St.Louis and Dayton will let her in on the worst kept secret, that she better already know about. She should also be talking to the rest of the A10 on replacement options. When you don't have a plan(logical) in place you end up like the WAC or nBE


Indeed. She handled things fine...nothing is official, so no need to make any public statements yet. But Xavier and Butler are gone. St. Louis and Dayton and/or Richmond as well. The A10 will be what it was back in the 1990's, swapping Rutgers and WVU (not basketball powers in the A10) with either Dayton/Richmond (whomever stays) and VCU. It's a huge drop for the A10, but it's still a quality conference. Just look who is making the tourney (or on the bubble) from the A10. VCU, LaSalle seem in, even UMass is a few wins away from getting in (with an A10 tourney run).

At what point would UMass look at MAC for all sports? As long as VCU is in the A10 they're good? Or just no matter what they'll stay b/c of travel.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:06 pm 
Offline
All-Conference
All-Conference

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:47 am
Posts: 679
Location: Columbus, OH
The A-10 has so many expansion possibilities. I don't see them over expanding--I think 12 is a comfortable number for them. They can choose from schools in the Midwest (Valpo and Detroit Mercy), the South (G. Mason, Davidson, etc.) or their traditional Northeastern/Mid-Atlantic footprint (Hofstra, Northeastern, Albany, Stony Brook, Siena).

I'm personally a fan of making northern adds like Northeastern and Hofstra. it makes for good division alignment as the PA and VA schools can form the South and everyone else the Northern Division.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:00 am 
Offline
All-Conference
All-Conference

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:21 pm
Posts: 881
I think there's a lot of schools out there who bring something to the league....

but there's no home run picks that make the league clearly better than if they don't expand.


It's not like any of these schools out there are going Gonzaga/Memphis/Butler/VCU on their respective leagues.

_________________
1897-1898 | 1900-06 | 1926-27 | 1929-30 | 1939 | 1942


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:42 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
JPSchmack wrote:
I think there's a lot of schools out there who bring something to the league....

but there's no home run picks that make the league clearly better than if they don't expand.


It's not like any of these schools out there are going Gonzaga/Memphis/Butler/VCU on their respective leagues.

I think you guys gotta take at least 2. It would show that you guys have recovered from taking a 4 team hit, plus a 2 team hit that has already been finalized. Davidson was CAA's homerun but Charleston was more than good enough. Valpo, Detroit, Northeastern, Stony Brook, Bucknell, are all solid. Siena, geat arena but not good right now. Davidson is a homerun but you need to be willing to get back into NC.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:20 pm 
Offline
All-Conference
All-Conference

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:41 pm
Posts: 749
Location: Wilmington, NC
Davidson is a long shot for the new A10. History has proven Davidson does not like being a geographic outlier.

The A10 would be wise to take a southern school and a northern school. GMU and Northeastern or Stony Brook would be my top two choices if I ran the A10

GMU, VCU, Richmond, GWU, St. Joes, LaSalle
Fordham, St Bony, Duquense, UMass, URI, Stony Brook/Northeastern

CAA then can realign with a true north and south as well
Northeastern or Stony Brook, Hofstra, Drexel, Delaware, Towson, Stony Brook or Albany
JMU, W&M, UNCW, CoC, Davidson, Elon

FCS Football League Under CAA Banner
Stony Brook*, Albany, URI, Maine, UNH, Towson*
JMU*, W&M*, Elon*, Richmond, Delaware*, Villanova

6 full CAA members, 7 if Northeastern goes A10 and CAA gets both Stony Brook and Albany.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:57 pm 
Offline
All-Conference
All-Conference
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:05 am
Posts: 700
Location: Louisville, KY
So is St. Louis leaving the A-10 in July, or is the very real possibility of SLU as an outlier for next season about to be realized?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:25 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
wbyeager wrote:
So is St. Louis leaving the A-10 in July, or is the very real possibility of SLU as an outlier for next season about to be realized?

St.Louis and Dayton are supposed to move in 2014-15 but I've heard nothing about either after the 1st announcement on espn. Xavier, Butler, Creighton in the BE for 2013.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:27 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
accseahawk wrote:
Davidson is a long shot for the new A10. History has proven Davidson does not like being a geographic outlier.

The A10 would be wise to take a southern school and a northern school. GMU and Northeastern or Stony Brook would be my top two choices if I ran the A10

GMU, VCU, Richmond, GWU, St. Joes, LaSalle
Fordham, St Bony, Duquense, UMass, URI, Stony Brook/Northeastern

CAA then can realign with a true north and south as well
Northeastern or Stony Brook, Hofstra, Drexel, Delaware, Towson, Stony Brook or Albany
JMU, W&M, UNCW, CoC, Davidson, Elon

FCS Football League Under CAA Banner
Stony Brook*, Albany, URI, Maine, UNH, Towson*
JMU*, W&M*, Elon*, Richmond, Delaware*, Villanova

6 full CAA members, 7 if Northeastern goes A10 and CAA gets both Stony Brook and Albany.


How long until Davidson realizes A10 and CAA have contracts and if they stay they'll end up being in a half SoCon half A-Sun version of the SoCon. Good shot Mercer, ETSU, Kennesaw St. or VMI replace App, Ga So., C of C.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:51 am 
Offline
All-Conference
All-Conference

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:41 pm
Posts: 749
Location: Wilmington, NC
The CAA would let Davidson bring at least one friend, while I doubt the A10 can or will. CAA needs to use that to their advantage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:02 am 
Offline
All-Conference
All-Conference

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:21 pm
Posts: 881
The more I think about this, the more I want Belmont.

_________________
1897-1898 | 1900-06 | 1926-27 | 1929-30 | 1939 | 1942


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 37  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
 

 




Looking for College Sports apparel? Support our partner:








Support Our Partners: Search Engine Marketing - Search Engine Optimization - Search Engine Training - Online Marketing for Restuarants

Subway Map Shirts - Food and Travel

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group