NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:37 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:44 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

freaked4collegefb wrote:
ESPN article with comments from A-10 Commish who says that "so far" no member schools have given notice of leaving for the new BE/Catholic 7 league at http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story ... ioner-says

De-nial is not a river in Africa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:48 am 
Freshman
Freshman

She was probably asked the question and responded as she should have. It's not denial, just stating facts and then people want to run and make statements like you did.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:26 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

Mconner1201 wrote:
She was probably asked the question and responded as she should have. It's not denial, just stating facts and then people want to run and make statements like you did.

Indeed. Since no school has formally notified the conference that they are leaving, no conference admin is going to publicly speculate. Yes, we know Xavier and Butler are gone next year ($2 million per school to leave early) once the BE-C7 comes to be. And if Creighton isn't the #10 pick, it will be St. Louis/Richmond/Dayton...and a year later 2 more from that group of 5 might be invited to the BE-C7. And once that happens, the A10 admins like McGlade will make statements that express disappointment in the schools leaving combined with thanks for their service. Pretty straightforward process.

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:55 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Mconner1201 wrote:

My statement is a fact. Not my fault that Xavier and Butler haven't told her yet. Soon St.Louis and Dayton will let her in on the worst kept secret, that she better already know about. She should also be talking to the rest of the A10 on replacement options. When you don't have a plan(logical) in place you end up like the WAC or nBE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:56 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Mconner1201 wrote:

My statement is a fact. Not my fault that Xavier and Butler haven't told her yet. Soon St.Louis and Dayton will let her in on the worst kept secret, that she better already know about. She should also be talking to the rest of the A10 on replacement options. When you don't have a plan(logical) in place you end up like the WAC or nBE

Indeed. She handled things fine...nothing is official, so no need to make any public statements yet. But Xavier and Butler are gone. St. Louis and Dayton and/or Richmond as well. The A10 will be what it was back in the 1990's, swapping Rutgers and WVU (not basketball powers in the A10) with either Dayton/Richmond (whomever stays) and VCU. It's a huge drop for the A10, but it's still a quality conference. Just look who is making the tourney (or on the bubble) from the A10. VCU, LaSalle seem in, even UMass is a few wins away from getting in (with an A10 tourney run).

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:43 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Quinn wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Mconner1201 wrote:

Indeed. She handled things fine...nothing is official, so no need to make any public statements yet. But Xavier and Butler are gone. St. Louis and Dayton and/or Richmond as well. The A10 will be what it was back in the 1990's, swapping Rutgers and WVU (not basketball powers in the A10) with either Dayton/Richmond (whomever stays) and VCU. It's a huge drop for the A10, but it's still a quality conference. Just look who is making the tourney (or on the bubble) from the A10. VCU, LaSalle seem in, even UMass is a few wins away from getting in (with an A10 tourney run).

At what point would UMass look at MAC for all sports? As long as VCU is in the A10 they're good? Or just no matter what they'll stay b/c of travel.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:06 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

The A-10 has so many expansion possibilities. I don't see them over expanding--I think 12 is a comfortable number for them. They can choose from schools in the Midwest (Valpo and Detroit Mercy), the South (G. Mason, Davidson, etc.) or their traditional Northeastern/Mid-Atlantic footprint (Hofstra, Northeastern, Albany, Stony Brook, Siena).

I'm personally a fan of making northern adds like Northeastern and Hofstra. it makes for good division alignment as the PA and VA schools can form the South and everyone else the Northern Division.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:00 am 
All-Conference
All-Conference

I think there's a lot of schools out there who bring something to the league....

but there's no home run picks that make the league clearly better than if they don't expand.

It's not like any of these schools out there are going Gonzaga/Memphis/Butler/VCU on their respective leagues.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:42 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

JPSchmack wrote:
I think there's a lot of schools out there who bring something to the league....

but there's no home run picks that make the league clearly better than if they don't expand.

It's not like any of these schools out there are going Gonzaga/Memphis/Butler/VCU on their respective leagues.

I think you guys gotta take at least 2. It would show that you guys have recovered from taking a 4 team hit, plus a 2 team hit that has already been finalized. Davidson was CAA's homerun but Charleston was more than good enough. Valpo, Detroit, Northeastern, Stony Brook, Bucknell, are all solid. Siena, geat arena but not good right now. Davidson is a homerun but you need to be willing to get back into NC.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:20 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Davidson is a long shot for the new A10. History has proven Davidson does not like being a geographic outlier.

The A10 would be wise to take a southern school and a northern school. GMU and Northeastern or Stony Brook would be my top two choices if I ran the A10

GMU, VCU, Richmond, GWU, St. Joes, LaSalle
Fordham, St Bony, Duquense, UMass, URI, Stony Brook/Northeastern

CAA then can realign with a true north and south as well
Northeastern or Stony Brook, Hofstra, Drexel, Delaware, Towson, Stony Brook or Albany
JMU, W&M, UNCW, CoC, Davidson, Elon

FCS Football League Under CAA Banner
Stony Brook*, Albany, URI, Maine, UNH, Towson*
JMU*, W&M*, Elon*, Richmond, Delaware*, Villanova

6 full CAA members, 7 if Northeastern goes A10 and CAA gets both Stony Brook and Albany.

Post subject: A10 Realignment
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:57 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

So is St. Louis leaving the A-10 in July, or is the very real possibility of SLU as an outlier for next season about to be realized?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:25 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

wbyeager wrote:
So is St. Louis leaving the A-10 in July, or is the very real possibility of SLU as an outlier for next season about to be realized?

St.Louis and Dayton are supposed to move in 2014-15 but I've heard nothing about either after the 1st announcement on espn. Xavier, Butler, Creighton in the BE for 2013.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:27 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

accseahawk wrote:
Davidson is a long shot for the new A10. History has proven Davidson does not like being a geographic outlier.

The A10 would be wise to take a southern school and a northern school. GMU and Northeastern or Stony Brook would be my top two choices if I ran the A10

GMU, VCU, Richmond, GWU, St. Joes, LaSalle
Fordham, St Bony, Duquense, UMass, URI, Stony Brook/Northeastern

CAA then can realign with a true north and south as well
Northeastern or Stony Brook, Hofstra, Drexel, Delaware, Towson, Stony Brook or Albany
JMU, W&M, UNCW, CoC, Davidson, Elon

FCS Football League Under CAA Banner
Stony Brook*, Albany, URI, Maine, UNH, Towson*
JMU*, W&M*, Elon*, Richmond, Delaware*, Villanova

6 full CAA members, 7 if Northeastern goes A10 and CAA gets both Stony Brook and Albany.

How long until Davidson realizes A10 and CAA have contracts and if they stay they'll end up being in a half SoCon half A-Sun version of the SoCon. Good shot Mercer, ETSU, Kennesaw St. or VMI replace App, Ga So., C of C.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:51 am 
All-Conference
All-Conference

The CAA would let Davidson bring at least one friend, while I doubt the A10 can or will. CAA needs to use that to their advantage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:02 am 
All-Conference
All-Conference

The more I think about this, the more I want Belmont.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 37  Next