NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:30 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:55 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

Quote:
Let's just say that I don't see NDSU holding all the aces. The Great West isn't exactly in a position to be picky.

GWFC=dead man walking

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:38 pm 
Senior
Senior

I dont know what the future of the GWFC is, but I dont see it expanding in an unbalanced fashion. NDSU isnt going to do anything to upset the apple cart with the west coast members and wont advocate any geographically remote and/or isolated members. Youll have to add 2 to provide balance or it probably just isnt going to happen. That probably means a west coast and upper midwest additions are needed.

If the GWFC withers away it will probably result from a conference invitation to the Great Land Grants NDSU and SDSU. If a third school isnt included in that invitation NDSU will be a voting member if/when they do come calling. I wouldnt assume support if I were involved with Und and found myself in that position.

Of course new NCC schools could move up to replace the Land Grants, or in the likelihood the GWFC remains stable it will have to expand in a geographically balance fashion.

A remote and/or isolated prospective member could over come location objections by prearranging travel guarantees with the other members and paying a one time entrance fee to the conference.

Last edited by 11jbb11 on Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8