NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:06 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:20 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Which 4-teams would be picked by the Mid Con if they went to a 12-team league? Would there be divisions, and if so, how would they look? Why did you choose your selection?

Key:

UVSC = Utah Valley State College
NDSU = North Dakota State University
SDSU = South Dakota State University
UTPA = University of Texas Pan American
IPFW = Indiana University-Purdue University-Ft. Wayne
NJIT = New Jersey Institute of Technology
UND = University of North Dakota (move up)
SIU-Edwardsville = Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville.

Last edited by metropolitan on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:45 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

3 Dakotas plus IPFW.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:40 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Here's one from left field:

UTPA
Tarleton State (Div II upgrade, previously applied for the Southland)
NDSU
SDSU

Mid-Con South:
UPTA, TSU, SUU, ORU, Cent, UMKC

Mid-Con :
NDSU, SDSU, Oakland, IUPUI, Valpo, WIU

Last edited by wbyeager on Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:37 pm 
Junior
Junior

SUU and UVSC would be nice travel partners.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:34 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

By the way, is any current conference member of the Mid-Con going to leave soon?

P.S.: Add South Dakota in the polls, too.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:02 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

The University of South Dakota would be a great school to add to the list. However, there have been enough articles and opinion pieces posted here and elsewhere that indicates, at least at this time, not any official interest in moving up to D I.

I think they should be a part of a conference alignment with the other Dakota flagships/land grant schools, but that isn't going to happen soon and is mainly very long term conjecture at this point in time. Unless things change.

There is an option to vote "Other." You could vote other and include USD in the mix of 4 teams that you think is most likely for the Mid Con.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:49 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Quote:
By the way, is any current conference member of the Mid-Con going to leave soon?

Don't know how official or even possible it is, but I have seen it mentioned on other boards that you might answer Centenary for your question.

They wanted to get into the Southland. Not sure how likely that would ever be, and I believe they were turned down for the Southland Conference recently.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:05 am 
Freshman
Freshman

Yes, TAMCC took the spot Centenary had hoped for as the non football playing addition. UCA got the other slot as a football playing addition. UTPA was shut out also in the Southlands recent expansion. All four had applied along with Tarleton State of DII.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:35 am 
Junior
Junior

USD need major facility upgrades to consider going DI.

If they got those upgrades, they certainly could make the jump.

They need more money put into the Dakota Dome and they need a basketball arena.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:03 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Quote:
The University of South Dakota would be a great school to add to the list. However, there have been enough articles and opinion pieces posted here and elsewhere that indicates, at least at this time, not any official interest in moving up to D I.

I think they should be a part of a conference alignment with the other Dakota flagships/land grant schools, but that isn't going to happen soon and is mainly very long term conjecture at this point in time. Unless things change.

There is an option to vote "Other." You could vote other and include USD in the mix of 4 teams that you think is most likely for the Mid Con.

But when or how will South Dakota will reach some requirements before upgrading to Division I?

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:29 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Quote:

Quote:

But when or how will South Dakota will reach some requirements before upgrading to Division I?

Its hard to say. They have a debt problem right now that they need to overcome.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:59 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Quote:

Quote:

Its hard to say. They have a debt problem right now that they need to overcome.

That might explain why.