|NCAA accuses A&M-CC of 8 major violations
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||playa4life [ Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:04 am ]|
|Post subject:||NCAA accuses A&M-CC of 8 major violations|
1) In the 2005-2006 academic year the University permitted a student-athlete to play volleyball for a sixth year in excess of the permissible five-year period of eligibility.
(2) A student-athlete in spring 2004 was provided athletically related financial aid at the time he was a nonqualified and was fulfilling a year of residency at the University. In addition, in spring and fall 2004 the same student-athlete was permitted to serve as a manager for the men’s tennis program although he was not eligible to serve in this capacity. Furthermore, when the University became aware in spring 2005 of this improper financial aid and managerial duties it failed to declare him ineligible and permitted him to play tennis.
(3) From August 2007 through February 2008 the assistant men’s basketball coach place impermissible telephone calls to four two-year prospective student-athletics.
(4) In spring 2008 the University provided a four-year transfer student-athlete with various impermissible recruiting inducements such as housing and transportation while the student-athlete was residing near the institution and attempting to enroll.
(5) The current athletic director was involved in and had knowledge of the decisions to not report alleged violations by two student-athletes, as well as the submission in November 2007 of an inaccurate self report.
(6) A former director of compliance was involved in and had knowledge of alleged violations by two student athletes, as well as the giving in April 2008 of false and misleading information to the NCAA enforcement staff.
(7) A former director of compliance failed to withhold a student-athlete from athletic competition, and he authorized transportation for a prospective student-athlete in violation of NCAA rules.
(8 ) The scope and nature of the alleged violations demonstrate that the University failed to exercise institutional control and monitoring in the conduct and administration of its athletics program in the critical areas of NCAA compliance.
(9) The director of athletics in February 2008 authorized the head men’s basketball coach to expend personal funds for recruiting purposes, inconsistent with institutional polices and in violation of NCAA regulations.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group