NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:24 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:44 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Article in SaltLake Trib discussing Southern Utah and Big Sky apparently waiting for a game of "dominoes" to begin so that SUU can possibly move.Link at http://www.sltrib.com/collegesports/ci_14484292

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:22 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

How funny would it be if (2) teams left the Big Sky, like Sac St and Portland st, and instead of SUU, the Big sky went with NDSU and SDSU for all-sports. Ouch for the SUU fans.

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:29 am 
Senior
Senior

46566 wrote:
may i ask why would the big west want Sacramento state? Couldn't they try to get cal state San bernardino instead? Since San bernardino has no football team they could be a better fit for the big west. i would think it would be better for the school to stay were it is.

San Berdoo has not made any rumblings about looking into D-I. Minus Pacific, all of the schools are UC or CSU schools, and they are intent on only expanding within Cali. Sac State fits in perfectly, and would be open with welcome arms. Their hangup is with football, because they would be at a disadvantage (especially if they're still holding to I-A aspirations). As Fresno St. Alum mentioned, Sac State is the exact type of school the Big West wants: same school system, within the footprint, and would probably be competitive right off the bat.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:21 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Not sure what happened to my post from yesterday with the Big Sky article link,here is repost.

Salt Lake Trib article discussing possible future SUU conference movement with comments from Big Sky Commish at http://www.sltrib.com/collegesports/ci_14484292

Quinn,what happened to your post? Also,I have noticed a spate of "General Error" pages recently.

Thanks
Freaked

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:47 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

Don't know. Looks as if someone deleted it. But when I checked the moderator logs, there was no mention of this thread.

My post was just about the "what if" the WAC got Sac St. and Portland St. to upgrade and the Big Sky went after NDSU and SDSU instead of SUU.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:50 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article(part one) out of Montana discussing internal FBS study by Montana with comments from Montana and Montana State AD's.Sounds like Montana is interested in leaving the Big Sky in the future. Link at http://www.dailyinterlake.com/sports/lo ... 002e0.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:31 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article(part two)out of Montana looking at possible future FBS move by Montana at http://www.dailyinterlake.com/sports/lo ... 002e0.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:30 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

WAC MB thread discussing above posted linked articles with comments from Montana officials regarding a possible future FBS move at http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=451&f=2368&t=5809467

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:48 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article(part three) out of Montana discussing possible future FBS move by Montana at http://www.dailyinterlake.com/sports/lo ... 03286.html

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:38 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Great Falls with comments from Montana AD regarding possible future Big Sky realignment.Link at http://www.greatfallstribune.com/articl ... ct-Big-Sky

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:10 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

seems like their only option is S.Utah. CP and UCD won't leave their all sports Cali league for that. Plus the Sky doesn't offer that many of UCDs 23 sports. If the Sky changes their rule to add fb only then CP and UCD would go.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:45 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Agree, Southern Utah will get the first look (and I think they've made it known in the past that they wouldn't hesitate to jump to the Big Sky - however if the Big Sky loses multiple teams, it may no longer look so stable).

At this point, I think all 4 Dakota schools would like to be together in the Summit and MVFC.

The other option for the Big Sky would be to add non-football schools like Denver, Seattle, Utah Valley, and then admit football-only associates like Cal-Davis and Col-poly SLO (both Big West). If they offered that option, Sacramento State might actually want to move from the Big Sky to the Big West, but play football as an associate Big Sky member.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:45 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

tute, that sounds like a great idea. I wonder if the Sky knows this but won't do it, due to the fact they could lose Sac St. to the BW for other sports and the worry that, Montana, UC Davis, Cal Poly, Sac St., Portland St. may all eventually want to leave for the WAC.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:41 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

True, FSA, but the Big Sky always has the option to look east. You have to think that NDSU, SDSU would leave the Summit/MVFC and UND & USD would leave the Summit/Great West if the Big Sky invited them. The only catch would be if the MVC invited these schools for all-sports...that's the only upgrade.

So even if the Big Sky lost Montana, Portland St. and Sac St...and even future potential members UCDavis and Cal Poly, they'd still have 5 replacements:

NAU, EWU, Idaho St., Weber St., Montana St., NoCo, SUU, NDSU, SDSU, UND, USD,

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:56 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

I think the 4 Dakotas are only an option if all 4 come. Reason, on the FCS board when expansion was discussed beyond 9 only Montana, Montana St., N.Colorado seemed to be warm to the idea of NDSU, SDSU. This was pre USD, UND being D-I. The reason is all 4 schools are on the eastern border of the 2 states. That is a hell of a lot of travel. If they add all 4 and go e/w then Montana St. N.Colorado join the 4 Daks to form the East.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next