Ha, I love the intro line pounder.
Thing is, I think what you posted can actually be looked at as a paradox. It's actually pretty revolutionary to consider a single conference sponsoring 2 football leagues as such, in 2 different divisions. Might be further from logical as you think.
I do think though that the traditional pipeline from Big Sky to the WAC makes sense. There are a few schools in the Big Sky that I think would do fine in the WAC. Really, I think when you look at the level of football left int he WAC with the top 3 programs leaving...outside of Hawaii, you're looking at a level almost on par with the current Big Sky.
So it leads me to believe that the WAC could just bring in 2-3 Big Sky schools, and they've be alright. No exaggeration, Montana would be one of the better programs right away. Others like Weber St., Montana St., Portland St, Sac St., and even NAU really aren't that far behind the likes of NMSU, Utah St., Idaho.
It just makes sense for the Big Sky schools to make the move to the WAC as it is almost the same level as the Big Sky now...just happens to be FBS.
* I expect Hawaii to go independent and join the Big West for other sports.
* And I think that LA Tech will look into the Sunbelt real soon.
As for the WAC, it ain't pretty, but it's pretty balanced if you ended up with even:
Portland St., Sac St., SJSU, Idaho, Montana, Montana St., Utah St., NAU, NMSU
The west region has always been just a few FBS schools ready to have 3 full conferences, all in the same region. A few upgrades and we'd have that.
* Pac-10: always has been, always will be top dog
* MWC: even with recent departures, the conference has regathered into a very nice regional conference in the 2nd tier. SDSU & Fresno as the CA base (the top 2 non-Pac10 CA schools). Both Nevada schools. 2 of the 3 CO schools, Wyoming's only school, the top Idaho program, top NM school, and TCU, which seems on par with Texas Tech as the top Texas programs after Texas & A&M.
* WAC: right now has Hawaii's only school, only remaining Utah school, only remaining CA school, only remaining Idaho school, only remaining NM school and LA Tech (the #2 or #3 LA school after LSU).
Seems like the WAC would be perfect to add what would be the bottom FBS CA schools, Oregon school, Arizona school, Utah school and then Montana/St from that state.