NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:11 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:29 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Okay who replaces Creighton? Belmont, Oral Roberts, Denver, S.Dakota St. or some combo of 3 if SDSU is taken to get NDSU. MVC fans say no way in hell the Dakotas get in

Belmont is not an adequate school to join the MVC. Besides, it's in the Southeast, not the Lower Midwest. I believe that either Western Illinois or Oral Roberts or Nebraska-Omaha or adding some regional schools within D-II.

Take a look at the map Belmont is in the MVC footprint. No way would they settle for UNO if they don't deem NDSU and SDSU worthy. Belmont & ORU> W.Illinois who's never even been to the tourney. Denver probably too far west and also never been to the tourney.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:31 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Belmont is closer to more MVC schools than ORU. UW-Milwaukee is also an option but have been bad at bball for a while.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/60/Cbd1.PNG

Last edited by Fresno St. Alum on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:33 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Belmont is closer to more MVC schools than ORU.

Then the MVC should try finding more candidates within the Upper Southeast like Belmont to make the MVC interesting then.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:35 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Belmont is closer to more MVC schools than ORU.

Then the MVC should try finding more candidates within the Upper Southeast like Belmont to make the MVC interesting then.

They should probably go to 12. If I was them I'd add NDSU, SDSU, Belmont but they've been so stable I really don't know if they'll look north or west or south or south east.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:41 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
They should probably go to 12. If I was them I'd add NDSU, SDSU, Belmont but they've been so stable I really don't know if they'll look north or west or south or south east.

Hopefully so within time to come. But how about adding some schools within D-II leagues like the Mid-America (MIAA) or the GLVC?

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:55 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

ncaanopaawaa2000 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:

Hopefully so within time to come. But how about adding some schools within D-II leagues like the Mid-America (MIAA) or the GLVC?

Never, MVC is too good, they'd let schools earn their way up through the Summit.

Really Summit, WAC, A-Sun, AEC, NEC, Big West, OVC, SLC are the conf that will take D-II schools. I might be missing 1 but those don't come close to the talent that the MVC has.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:21 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

I posted it over on the Summit page (some of you probably saw it). I think the football faction should consider disbanding the league and form a league with the Dakota schools consisting of:

North: UND, ND St, USD, SD St, UNI, Nebraska-Omaha*
South: Wichita St*, Missouri St, W Ill, S Ill, Ill St, Indiana St

It's a solid 12 full member/10 fb member league. Bradley, Evansville, and Drake can try to get themselves into the Horizon or join UMKC and Chicago St in the WAC.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:46 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

fighting muskie wrote:
I posted it over on the Summit page (some of you probably saw it). I think the football faction should consider disbanding the league and form a league with the Dakota schools consisting of:

North: UND, ND St, USD, SD St, UNI, Nebraska-Omaha*
South: Wichita St*, Missouri St, W Ill, S Ill, Ill St, Indiana St

It's a solid 12 full member/10 fb member league. Bradley, Evansville, and Drake can try to get themselves into the Horizon or join UMKC and Chicago St in the WAC.

That format might look amazing. But it could possibly expand if Drake brings its football program from the Pioneer Football League and Nebraska-Omaha reviving its football program.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:55 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

it's basically a dream conf post. it won't happen. Wichita St. is one of the anti dakota schools according the the WSU and UNI guys I talked to.

WSU, Drake, Evansville, Bradley are anti Dakotas according to the guys, They're unsure on Ind St., Ill St. UNI is pro Dakotas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:00 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
it's basically a dream conf post. it won't happen. Wichita St. is one of the anti dakota schools according the the WSU and UNI guys I talked to.

WSU, Drake, Evansville, Bradley are anti Dakotas according to the guys, They're unsure on Ind St., Ill St. UNI is pro Dakotas

With Creighton gone though it becomes a completely different rodeo for Wichita St. If I am the Shockers I am casting my lot with the stronger faction of the conference and that faction is the football schools. I say open the doors and let the Dakota schools in, that way I don't get left behind if the football schools get frustrated with the gridlock of a hybrid league and decide to leave. Evansville, Drake, and Bradley aren't going to keep the Wichita St program relevant and don't have a lot to offer.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:41 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

fighting muskie wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:

With Creighton gone though it becomes a completely different rodeo for Wichita St. If I am the Shockers I am casting my lot with the stronger faction of the conference and that faction is the football schools. I say open the doors and let the Dakota schools in, that way I don't get left behind if the football schools get frustrated with the gridlock of a hybrid league and decide to leave. Evansville, Drake, and Bradley aren't going to keep the Wichita St program relevant and don't have a lot to offer.

Honest question, which is better for Wichita State...the MVC+4 Dakotas or the Southland Conference (probably w/o Lamar but possibly taking Missouri State with them)? They could go in either...the only other option is the OVC but that would be a huge stretch.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:55 am 
All-Star
All-Star

tkalmus wrote:
fighting muskie wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:

Honest question, which is better for Wichita State...the MVC+4 Dakotas or the Southland Conference (probably w/o Lamar but possibly taking Missouri State with them)? They could go in either...the only other option is the OVC but that would be a huge stretch.

MVC is better, w the Dakotas SDSU and NDSU are good. If they replace Creighton w/ Belmont that's a decent replacement.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:49 am 
Freshman
Freshman

Fresno St. Alum wrote:

I wonder what WSU's president would think, that school is a lot more like NDSU/SDSU than it is like the smaller private schools. Academically speaking he'd probably really want to see them brought in.

I have no idea what is going to happen really, interesting times are ahead for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:24 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

tkalmus wrote:
fighting muskie wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:

The Southland is a thought but that conference has a certain degree of instability with some of the Texas schools pondering upgrades and some of the LA schools considering downgrades. NDSU and SDSU have played some decent basketball lately so I think they would fit well with the culture of MVCfb+Dakotas group.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:50 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of St Louis with comments from MVC Commish regarding league realignment situation at http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/ ... ee167.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next