NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:02 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:19 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Wichita with comments from MVC Commish regarding MVC realignment at http://www.kwch.com/sports/college/kwch ... 5775.story

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:28 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Tulsa World article discuusing ORU and MVC realignment situation at http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/a ... ulsas39837

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:59 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

MVC should take Oral Roberts, Belmont, and Murray St.

Puts them at 12, adds another to the MVFC, and allows the Summit to replace UMKC w/ UND and also add them to the MVFC giving them 12.

That is all.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:25 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

tkalmus wrote:
MVC should take Oral Roberts, Belmont, and Murray St.

Puts them at 12, adds another to the MVFC, and allows the Summit to replace UMKC w/ UND and also add them to the MVFC giving them 12.

That is all.

Well-stated, including the idea of having UND in the Summit and MVFC. Besides, it'll bring the MVC division play with 2 divisions, and the MVFC also division play with 2 and a CCG. Oh, how about Morehead State, Eastern Illinois and SIUE as possible replacements?

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:30 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Tulsa World blog article discussing report that MVC has scheduled campus visits this week with Illinois Chicago,Valparaiso,Loyola of Chicago and UMKC at http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/sportsp ... y/17-19695

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:27 pm 
Junior
Junior

freaked4collegefb wrote:
Tulsa World blog article discussing report that MVC has scheduled campus visits this week with Illinois Chicago,Valparaiso,Loyola of Chicago and UMKC at http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/sportsp ... y/17-19695

I just don't think that UMKC has the resources or the facilities to compete in the MVC. Unless Missouri State, Wichita State, Northern IA and Drake are wanting to add them as a puching bag...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:55 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

freaked4collegefb wrote:

Why so many campus visits? Are they shopping for 1 school or 3? If they take the 3 Horizon schools that really wrecks either the Horizon or Summit but probably the Summit because the 6 member Horizon would likely take the Summit's Oakland, IPFW, IUPUI, and WIU to keep afloat, stranding the Dakota schools and UNO.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:25 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

fighting muskie wrote:
freaked4collegefb wrote:

Why so many campus visits? Are they shopping for 1 school or 3? If they take the 3 Horizon schools that really wrecks either the Horizon or Summit but probably the Summit because the 6 member Horizon would likely take the Summit's Oakland, IPFW, IUPUI, and WIU to keep afloat, stranding the Dakota schools and UNO.

Well than the Summit would have NDSU/SDSU/USD/UNO/DU. Not sure how much longer til UNO counts towards being a D1 member for conference continuity, but Summit could just take what they want from the WAC (NMSU? UVU? Chicago St?) and call it a day. Could also try to implore some of the D2 Michigan/Minnesota schools (ie Mankato/St Cloud/Grand Valley/Saginaw) to move up and join.

Im still not sure how to process the UMKC part of this though. It cant be market because theres nothing for the Kangaroos or the MVC in general there after KU/KSU/Mizzou. Best reason I can think of is Wichita and the Iowa schools asking for a western school to replace Creighton to help with their travel in the league.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:26 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

fighting muskie wrote:
freaked4collegefb wrote:

Most fans and some MVC schools wanted expansion (to 12) before Creighton left, and now that Wichita State is in the Final Four, they are still worried about possibly losing them if the Big East went crazy and went to 16.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:01 am 
All-Star
All-Star

On the WAC board after they added UMKC, one of the WAC ADs said you aint seen nothing yet. So if the MVC goes to 12 and the HL takes 4 Summit as replacments to get to 10. NDSU, SDSU, UNO, USD or Denver could put them at 12. Is that what he meant? I see no other way I could see something from the WAC worth that type of statement.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:34 am 
All-Star
All-Star

So the Horizon has lost Butler, and the MVC has lost Creighton.

Not sure who the MVC wants... I like Belmont, Oral Roberts, Valpo... who knows. The MVC could add 3, but would they all come from the Horizon ?

If the Horizon were to grab 4 teams from the Summit, I think the obvious would be: Oakland, IUPUI, IPFW, Western Illinois.
So the Summit would be left with: 3 Dakota schools, Denver, and Nebraska-Omaha. What do they do ?
Join the WAC ???? Maybe the WAC splits into east and west divisions, reuniting those schools with Chicago St. and UMKC ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:14 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

tute79 wrote:

Not sure who the MVC wants... I like Belmont, Oral Roberts, Valpo... who knows. The MVC could add 3, but would they all come from the Horizon ?

If the Horizon were to grab 4 teams from the Summit, I think the obvious would be: Oakland, IUPUI, IPFW, Western Illinois.
So the Summit would be left with: 3 Dakota schools, Denver, and Nebraska-Omaha. What do they do ?
Join the WAC ???? Maybe the WAC splits into east and west divisions, reuniting those schools with Chicago St. and UMKC ?

Not a horrible idea with a the WAC splitting into E/W divisions. While I think the Summit may lose 4 too I think that NDSU/SDSU may be poached while IPFW and Western Illinois get left behind. But no matter.

WAC
West - Seattle, CSUB, GCU, UVU, Denver, NMSU, UTPA
East - NDSU, SDSU, USD, UNO, Chicago St, UMKC, + add North Dakota (already plays baseball in WAC)

Still I'm not sure why these 14 schools would rather share 1 post season bid rather than have 2 separate ones...

From the WAC side you have to worry about the Big West taking CSUB, WCC taking Seattle, Southland taking UTPA, and possibly the Big Sky taking a school like GCU/UVU to blanace out Idaho's non-fb sports if UND leaves, plus NMSU is a flight risk to just about any other conference.

From the Summit side I see no benefit to flying half way across the country to share your post season bid with a random mix of school when you could have a pretty compact conference from Missouri/Illinois to the Dakotas with room to grow.

Once again if it wasn't for that weird UMKC move, I don't think we'd even look twice at the WAC overtaking the Summit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:38 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

tute79 wrote:

I think before going to the WAC for a potential merger the Dakota-centric Summit contingent should try to work something out with the Big Sky first. In the past the big Sky has demonstrated an interest in the Dakota schools AND has toyed with the idea of a super-conference set up (with the WAC) to potentially create two automatic FCS bids and NCAA MBB tourney bids. If the Big Sky would loan them UND and N Colorado and they stole back UMKC they would have 8 schools within a nice footprint. Working out the logistics for football might be a little tricky though.

One thing I don't get about the whole MVC expansion process is how the MVC seems to be completely ignorant or apathetic about what it means for the MVFC--raiding the Horizon will devastate the Summit and orphan the 3 Dakota schools--two of whom lead the league in attendance and one has one the last two FCS titles. Why would they do this to their football allies? Are they trying to run them out of the conference and into the arms of the Big Sky?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:32 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

UIC to the MVC

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=628201

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:25 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Carbondale with comments from SIU officials denying unconfirmed reports that the MVC has invited UIC or anyone else-YET.I am expecting some type of official announcement after the NCAA Tourney ends.Link at http://thesouthern.com/sports/college/v ... 963f4.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next