NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:44 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:51 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Wow, 7 of 9 aye votes to confirm a new member? They might stay at nine.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:45 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Fox Sports KC article with comments from MVC Commish indicating that no MVC expansion votes are planned until later this month at the earliest.According to this article,MVC officials have denounced recent reports of a UIC invite as "conjecture". Link at http://www.foxsportskansascity.com/stor ... eedID=5089

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:02 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

freaked4collegefb wrote:
Fox Sports KC article with comments from MVC Commish indicating that no MVC expansion votes are planned until later this month at the earliest.According to this article,MVC officials have denounced recent reports of a UIC invite as "conjecture". Link at http://www.foxsportskansascity.com/stor ... eedID=5089

My take on the UIC to MVC/Oakland to Horizon report is that these moves are going to happen its just a matter of determining whether or not Valpo & Loyola to MVC/IUPUI & IPFW to Horizon will also occur.

I still don't get why the football faction of the MVC is content with trashing the Summit League, the home of their important football affiliates ND St and SD St (as well as less important affiliates USD and WIU). It just makes the Dakota schools jumping to the Big Sky even more likely.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:22 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Evansville with comments from Evansville President and Missouri State President regarding ongoing MVC expansion selection process which apparently has a ways to go before any official voting or announcements are made.Link at http://www.courierpress.com/news/2013/a ... new-member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:25 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Chicago Sun-Times article with comments from UIC AD regarding "possible" future MVC invite at http://www.suntimes.com/sports/19376200 ... rence.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:40 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Another article out of Chicago discussing MVC/UIC situation at http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013 ... ward-moore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:11 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

Loyola-Chicago will become the 10th member of the Missouri Valley Conference replacing the departing Creighton Blue jays according to a report by KSDK in St. Louis, and confirmed to the Evansville Courier Press by a source with knowledge of the situation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:03 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Loyola(IL) to the MVC?

http://www.ksdk.com/sports/article/3750 ... Conference

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:16 pm 
Senior
Senior

Fresno St. Alum wrote:

That in addition to, or instead of, you think? Between the two I thought Loyola made more sense.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:10 am 
All-Star
All-Star

SJSUFan2010 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:

That in addition to, or instead of, you think? Between the two I thought Loyola made more sense.

Loyola last made the tourney in 1985. How's that better? UIC went in the 2000s, both kinda suck. Valpo, ORU, Belmont would have been better options, Denver too w/ potential. They'll likely stay at 10 w/ Loyola.

Quote:
Horizon losing both Chicago schools. MT @Pg_Benson Evansville Courier-Press reporting Loyola invited to join MVC and accepted.

Quote:
@JMarcKeith @DavidWoods007 I think it will be ORU or Missouri-Kansas City, if they go that route. Nebraska-Omaha outside chance.

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/x709246028 ... t-10-teams

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:09 am 
Senior
Senior

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
SJSUFan2010 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:

Loyola last made the tourney in 1985. How's that better? UIC went in the 2000s, both kinda suck. Valpo, ORU, Belmont would have been better options, Denver too w/ potential. They'll likely stay at 10 w/ Loyola.

Quote:
Horizon losing both Chicago schools. MT @Pg_Benson Evansville Courier-Press reporting Loyola invited to join MVC and accepted.

Quote:
@JMarcKeith @DavidWoods007 I think it will be ORU or Missouri-Kansas City, if they go that route. Nebraska-Omaha outside chance.

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/x709246028 ... t-10-teams

Like you said, neither are particularly good. This is merely about Chicago market presence. Loyola being private and having a bigger endowment gave them the edge I thought (for some reason it seems that the private minority has more pull than they should).

But I do agree with you, should have gone with one in Chicago, one in Nashville, one in Tulsa. I think it's best they go big to be prepared for a potential football coup.

Gotta think Horizon will add the IUPU schools leaving 6 in the Summit: W. Ill, NDSU, SDSU, USD, UN-O, Denver. I really have no idea what the play is for them. Denver didn't seem even remotely concerned when UMKC left considering they knew this was coming. I can't imagine that it was because they were planning on just going back to the WAC because why leave?

The OVC may want to give W. Illinois a call. And I hope the Big Sky is working the Dakotas.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:27 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Chicago Tribune article also reporting that Loyola of Chicago has accepted a MVC invite at http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013 ... e-ramblers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:34 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Western Illinois would be a great addition for the OVC (in case the MVC won't make an open invite) because it has fellow state rival and former Summit (Gateway FB/MVFC) member Eastern Illinois.

It would be logical for the Big Sky to attempt (possibly) inviting the other Dakota schools (South Dakota, North Dakota State, South Dakota State), Denver (as a non-football member to pair up with Idaho for North/South division alignment) and Nebraska-Omaha (with a possible football revival). The same can be possible for the WAC to invite these schools (with North Dakota too).

MVC should plan taking Illinois-Chicago, Loyola (Ill.) and Valparaiso to complete the 12-team milestone for a possible division alignment (either East/West or North/South).

And finally, the Horizon should take the leftovers (IUPUI, IPFW, Oakland), eventually dissolving the Summit (or "technically" the Summit getting absorbed into the Horizon for a possible name change to represent the Midwest).

freaked4collegefb wrote:
Chicago Tribune article also reporting that Loyola of Chicago has accepted a MVC invite at http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013 ... e-ramblers

Is it official? If so, welcome aboard to the MVC Loyola-Illinois!

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:00 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

If the MVC takes ORU, I'd think the Southland would take UTPA to stay at 12/14 (once New Orleans and Houston Baptist are up in running in football). UTPA is also already Division I, which helps since the Southland took on two move ups.

Once UTPA is gone, the WAC will need another member. They could go after Omaha, Western Illinois, or Denver. The Dakota schools could also be in play.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:15 pm 
Senior
Senior

wbyeager wrote:
If the MVC takes ORU, I'd think the Southland would take UTPA to stay at 12/14 (once New Orleans and Houston Baptist are up in running in football). UTPA is also already Division I, which helps since the Southland took on two move ups.

Once UTPA is gone, the WAC will need another member. They could go after Omaha, Western Illinois, or Denver. The Dakota schools could also be in play.

That's the best thing that could happen to a WAC/Summit merger. They need to cut the extremes (UTPA, CSUB, and Seattle)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next