NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:35 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:06 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

I can NOT see the A-10 inviting a Kansas school.
The A-10 schools do not have a financial windfall from televised football, and the travel budget
(as pertains to BB and all their other sports) IS a serious consideration.

Wichita Sate was the hot team to follow this past year, but when this coach and these players move on,
and Wichita State reverts to "average" (see Butler), an east-coast conference is not gong to want to be
stuck with a school 1000 + miles from their nearest member
(which could be the case, if SLU and Dayton move elsewhere).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:43 am 
All-Star
All-Star

If the Missouri Valley loses a team or two, not including WSU, and doesn't backfill with a basketball school, or a good enough basketball school, I could see WSU going east to the A10, especially if the Big East chooses not to expand, or just overlooks St. Louis. The Missouri Valley, while not actually having its solely own football conference, could be put in the position to fill in what it loses with schools that cater to a sport it doesn't technically sponsor fully by itself. I don't know what makes WSU happy...although it sounds like nothing might at this point.

I'm looking at how the Big East moves more than a post-MoSU MVC. The MVC can live without Missouri State if the Big East just won't touch another school, especially SLU, in the foreseeable future.

What I think the Big East is slightly indignant of is not seeing any added benefit to the ten-member club if they grow to 12. The money stays the same per school adding whoever they want. I think they feel entitled to more money depending on who they add, and who knows who they could snag to make it worth a networks' while. I mean, hypothetically, what if the Big East and UConn could work something out...shouldn't the Big East get more money for that? Would UConn and SLU, WSU, or VCU be worth more than just SLU, WSU, or VCU/Richmond?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15