NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:41 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: CAA Realignment
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:54 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
fighting muskie wrote:
The CAA doesn't necessarily need 3 schools--with Davidson off the board the CAA needs to adjust to being a one-bid league and as a one-bid league its better to have 10 members, splitting the money between fewer schools. They could go with the travel pairs:

Northeastern/Hofstra
Drexel/Delaware
Towson/James Madison
Wm & Mary/UNCG
UNCW/CoC

I'd get to 12 now if I could b/c James Madison could end up in the SBC next year and Delaware in the MAC. If those 2 leave then count on William & Mary going to the Patriot. N/S at 12 would save on travel too.

fresno is right. caa needs to get it right this time and establish a true north and south division. this will make an future realignment caused by possible JMU and or Delaware moving much much easier. The CAA is likely done as a multibid conference for the time being, but it can still be a quality all around sports conference for schools with high athletic ambitions. The divisions and smart scheduling will help contain costs.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:43 am 
All-Star
All-Star

accseahawk wrote:
...but it can still be a quality all around sports conference for schools with high athletic ambitions.

...and don't play football if you're north of Delaware.

I want to see this conference right itself, but I don't like the sorts who are at its helm.

They should try to replenish the heart of the conference: staying thick in the Beltway and Virginia. Of course, that would mean going into the NEC, Big South and MEAC...which won't happen ever.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:00 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

caa north needs one more member that will most likely play football. if they expand by 2 and do 7 team divisions they will take 2 that play football. caa football has always had a more northern slant.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:30 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Burlington with comments from Elon AD and others regarding ongoing talks between CAA and Elon regarding "possibility"that Elon "may"receive a CAA future invite at http://www.thetimesnews.com/sports/elon ... n-1.141938

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:29 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

More updates on Elon...school will join the CAA on Tuesday.

http://collegesportsinfo.com/2013/05/22 ... -join-caa/

I'm still waiting to get something concrete on Albany, but they too are expected to announce for the CAA this week.

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:55 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

where did you get that the SoCon won't go beyond 10 now? Your guess or is there an article where all of this Elon, Albany to join SoCon to stay at 10?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:01 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Danefan posted this

The UAlbany Athletic Department released the following statement on Wednesday afternoon.

"At this time, the reports that we are moving to the CAA are untrue. We remain a partner of the America East and we have no further comment on conference affiliation at this time."

Why do they pull this sh*t. Just say we have an announcement about the future of our athletics on tues.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:22 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Greensboro also reporting that Elon will have a Presser tomorrow at 2PM to announce that it will be joining the CAA.Link at http://www.myfox8.com/2013/05/22/elon-l ... on-for-caa

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:43 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Blog article out of Albany with comments from UAlbany officials regarding unconfirmed report that Albany will be accepting a CAA allsports invite in the near future at http://blog.timesunion.com/collegesport ... nent/16112

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:42 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Elon site announcement regarding Live coverage of tomorrow's Elon athletics Presser at http://www.elonphoenix.com/news/2013/5/ ... 35625.aspx

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:43 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

now the caa needs a southern #12. caazone.com rumors that furman is the target. I would much rather have UNCG or Coastal

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:19 am 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
where did you get that the SoCon won't go beyond 10 now? Your guess or is there an article where all of this Elon, Albany to join SoCon to stay at 10?

I see how the language I used could be confusing, my bad. I've updated the sentence to be more precise. Thanks!

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:18 am 
All-Conference
All-Conference

It's good to finally see some resolution in the CAA saga. If the rumors are true about Albany being the mix and Stony Brook likely getting blocked then its a darn shame that Hofstra is being petty--adding the Seawolves would bring the football conference some much needed stability.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:51 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

I'm surprised Albany's even getting a look. I thought it was Fairfield's spot...

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:08 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

With the addition of Elon to the CAA (and the CAA FB League), the CAA FB League now has 12 members.
Because the CAA doesn't control the CAA FB League (with only 5 CAA schools in the CAA FB League), Elon's membership in that has not been approved.
IF CAA adds another FB school, and gets a 6th member in house, the CAA can move sponsorship o fthe CAA FBL in-house, and Elon's membership becomes a fait accompli.

Assuming JMU isn't leaving, IF the CAA FB League does not want to go beyond 12 schools, then the CAA (to get a 6th FB member) has to invite a current CAA FB member to the CAA for all sports.
Richmond, Villanova, and rhode Island aren't coming. That leaves an AE school (stony Brook, Albany, Maine, New Hampshire).
lgeographically, Maine / New hampshire and CAA aren't interested in each other. If indded Hofstra is blocking Stony Brook, then Albany gets the invitation.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next