NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:57 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:21 am 
Senior
Senior

I agree that waiting to add members doesn't add stability to the future. If it takes four years to transition up to DI....then, they should get at least one school in the pipeline.

If the A-Sun needs to sweeten the pot for a school to accept membership...then add two schools that are rivals. So, they can transition together. Hopefully, the new schools will create some ease in travel for the existing membership, as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:02 am 
Freshman
Freshman

The lack of action by the A-Sun continues to amaze me.

I still feel like they should have just grabbed NJIT. The lacrosse helps them fit in better. Plus, there is a need for survival and stability.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:09 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

The A-Sun really seems to lack initiative and creativity when it comes to expansion. Inevitably they are going to someday need more members and members who have successfully completely made the transition from d2--there are no guarantees that NJIT will be there when the time comes. I wouldn't shy away from D2 programs with fbs football aspirations either. The big south needs fb affiliates and who knows, someday they might be able to swap programs with the big south taking the football schools and the a-sun taking the basketball schools.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:16 am 
Senior
Senior

fighting muskie wrote:
The A-Sun really seems to lack initiative and creativity when it comes to expansion. Inevitably they are going to someday need more members and members who have successfully completely made the transition from d2--there are no guarantees that NJIT will be there when the time comes. I wouldn't shy away from D2 programs with fbs football aspirations either. The big south needs fb affiliates and who knows, someday they might be able to swap programs with the big south taking the football schools and the a-sun taking the basketball schools.

Totally agreed.
What is taking them so long? I just can't believe that they are standing pat because of some tourney money distributions.
If, they added a school...they could just not let the new school in on the money. Problem solved.

Now, go and add a school or two and fill in the footprint before some school decides to head for greener pastures.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:47 am 
Freshman
Freshman

mozilla wrote:
Now, go and add a school or two and fill in the footprint before some school decides to head for greener pastures.

I hope my NKU Norse are one of those schools headed for greener pastures soon. Where is the leadership in the conference? Why not NJIT already? It all makes no sense to me.

NJIT would bend over backwards to join and would instantly be a counting school. Build a better bridge to them later or just leave them as a one off geographic outlier.

There HAVE to be some D-II schools that want to move up on the east coast somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:58 am 
Senior
Senior

I read an article from one of the AD's in the A-Sun.....he mentioned that the conference had already received interest in full and partial memberships....but still, the conference has done nothing.

No DII, no DI.....nothing.

NJIT, Alabama Huntsville, ....maybe W. Florida?, Radford and Longwood have been mentioned, Bellarmine, S. Indiana, UM St. Louis, Nova Southeastern, U of Tampa, ....anyone else ready to move up?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11