NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards

Discussions by Conference:

NCAA Map
  It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:45 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping
College T-shirts at Fanatics.com

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:22 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

yeah, possibly.

If UT, OU, KU, WVU were to leave the Big XII when the GoR expires after 2024 season, THAT could lead to an FBS shake-up that might re-arrange Big XII / CUSA / Sun-Belt.

OR NOT....

time will tell - that's 7 years away at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:02 am 
All-Conference
All-Conference

tute79 wrote:
yeah, possibly.

If UT, OU, KU, WVU were to leave the Big XII when the GoR expires after 2024 season, THAT could lead to an FBS shake-up that might re-arrange Big XII / CUSA / Sun-Belt.

OR NOT....

time will tell - that's 7 years away at this point.

Big 12?
I was talking the bottom of the FBS. You are talking top tier.
Apples and Oranges.

The only conference schools like Liberty, UMass, Sam Houston and such will get into are the SBC, CUSA, MAC and WAC.

I don't see any reason that a school in the Big 12 needs to abandon their own destiny. They have as much a chance as any other conference at the top prize. No need to sink the ship...to split your revenue with 16 other schools in some overblown conference. That type of thinking is way too unsubstantiated. It would be like leaving your cozy family of four...to go live at the youth home down the street.

Big XII

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:23 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Right now I don't see Sun-Belt or CUSA as being interested in taking in new teams.
I'm thinking about... what could change that ?
Say when Big XII GoR expires, some Big XII teams leave for $$greener$$ pastures.

If UT, OU, KU, WVU were gone, you have ISU, KSU, OSU, TT, Baylor, TCU left.
Those schools are an eschelon above AAC/MWC and two tiers above CUSA/SunBelt.

What happens ?
1) Maybe AAC / MWC move quickly to invite those teams. Big XII disappears.
2) Perhaps more likely, the Big XII invites 6 or more schools (Houston, Rice, SMU, Tulsa, Wichita (if they had football), Tulane... who knows ?)
this upheaval will result in AAC re-stocking from CUSA / SunBelt, which then opens up maybe 6 slots for upwardly-mobile FCS teams / FBS independents.

So something like this scenario could create the opening that Lamar / Sam Houston are looking for...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:46 am 
Freshman
Freshman

tute79 wrote:
Right now I don't see Sun-Belt or CUSA as being interested in taking in new teams.
Say when Big XII GoR expires, some Big XII teams leave for $$greener$$ pastures.

What happens ?
2) Perhaps more likely, the Big XII invites 6 or more schools (Houston, Rice, SMU, Tulsa, Wichita (if they had football), Tulane... who knows ?)
this upheaval will result in AAC re-stocking from CUSA / SunBelt, which then opens up maybe 6 slots for upwardly-mobile FCS teams / FBS independents.

So something like this scenario could create the opening that Lamar / Sam Houston are looking for...

how about in conjunction with wichita (non-football) add byu (fb only) to balance out the conference
ISU, KSU, OSU, TT, Baylor, TCU + Houston + Rice + SMU + tulsa + wichita (non fb) + byu (fb only) = big 11

you could select from cincinnati, memphis, or boise as the +1 to get back to the big 12
boise may be willing to an outlier in this big 12 incarnation

edit:I am allowing this response post.However let's try to keep future posts in the thread about D-2-Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:04 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

tute79 wrote:

What happens ?

I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I was thinking that CUSA might break into 2 or 3 groups of schools then....raid and add schools from the SBC or Indy's. More of a reshuffling that could create spaces for SamHouston, Lamar, McNeese, and others.

Big XII

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:48 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

TSN article(previously posted in another thread)discussing last week's D-1 Task Force Open Forum by NCAA D-2 LSC member TSU at http://texannews.net/open-forum-sparks- ... iscussion/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:45 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Tyler reporting that as expected,UT Tyler has officially applied for NCAA D-2 membership.If accepted they will reportedly be members of the LSC.Link at https://tylerpaper.com/news/local/ut-ty ... 40960.html

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:53 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

TSN article (previously posted in another thread)with update on NCAA D-2 LSC member TSU's D-1 Task Force situation at http://texannews.net/division-i-task-fo ... tructures/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:28 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Wichita reporting that Newman has been invited to join the NCAA D-2 MIAA at http://www.kwch.com/content/sports/Newm ... 48453.html

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:48 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Associate Member for now.

MIAA to review their requirement for members to sponsor football going forward.

I think a few MIAA schools play football in GLVC, so it seems hard to justify forcing FB, if FB schools aren't even required to play within the MIAA....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:12 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Article in Frostburg paper discussing "possible" interest by FSU to explore leaving the NCAA D3 CAC for the NCAA D-2 Mountain East conference at http://thebottomlinenews.com/fsu-athlet ... tain-east/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:25 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Orangeburg reporting that NCAA D-2 Claflin will be leaving the SIAC for the CIAA at http://thetandd.com/sports/college/claf ... 15ee7.html

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:58 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Pennlive article reporting that NCAA D2 Cheyney State has announced that they will leave that division as well as the PSAC at http://www.pennlive.com/news/2018/03/ch ... _ncaa.html

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:48 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

D-2 MB thread discussing NCAA/Cheyney situation at http://www.d2messageboard.com/showthread.php?t=90768

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:10 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Martinsburg reporting that NCAA D-2 MEC member Shepherd is considering moving to the PSAC at http://www.journal-news.net/sports/loca ... -shepherd/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next