NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:43 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 661 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 45  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:48 pm 
Junior
Junior

When someone gets a chance... can they post 'updated' conference rosters considering the additions of these universities and subtractions of the others? Would love to see what new rivals/conferences entail...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:45 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Tk here's what you need to update on wiki

D-I http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/60/Cbd1.PNG
move Gardner-Webb to the Big South
drop the "State" from N.Carolina Central
move Seattle to the WAC
move Belmont to the OVC
move UT-Arlington to the WAC (when official)
move N.Alabama from D-II to D-I, OVC (when official)
move N.Kentucky from D-II to D-I, OVC (when official)
D-II http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7d/Cbdii.PNG
add Azusa Pacific to the PWC
add Fresno Pacific to the PWC
add Pt.Loma Nazarene to the PWC
add New Orleans to the GSC
add Shorter to the GSC
add Union(TN) to the GSC
add S.Nazarene to the GAC
add McMurry to the Heartland
add Young Harris to the PBC
add Roberts Wesleyan to Indy
add Trevecca Nazarene to Indy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:06 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
As soon as I can pry myself away from NCAA 2012 I'll knock it out :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:16 am 
All-Star
All-Star

tkalmus wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
As soon as I can pry myself away from NCAA 2012 I'll knock it out :D

You kids and your damn video games, every few years I'll bust out my original nintendo and beat mike tyson's punch out (007 373 5963) if you're in your 30's you'll know what those #s mean. Or maybe I'd play some tecmo bowl or zelda.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:35 am 
All-Star
All-Star

As we wait for something official from the NCAA here is Jackson Sun article discussing the 10 schools that have already reported having their NCAA D-2 apps approved.Link at http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110 ... /107130319

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:08 am 
All-Star
All-Star

So the NCAA D-II took 10 of 17 (Oklahoma Christian wsa also a reject, not listed above).

Next year the rules change, as to where an applicant MUST have a conference invitation in hand.
This should REALLY limit the D-II applications.
D-II is now maxed out at it's self-imposed limit of 24 conferences (3 in each of the 8 regions).

In many cases, it's fairly easy to see where the "open slots" are for move-ups, and what we can expect in terms of applicants to join D-II in 2012.

West Region:
PWC wants to expand to 14. Just got #11, 12, 13. Invited Holy Names University, who were likely squeezed out in the numbers game.
Expect HNU to re-apply in 2012.

South Central Region:
RMAC now at 14, stated they would like to go to 16. Candidates: SD Mines (already D-II, ENMU (LSC, recently declined, might reconsider, Colorado College D-III)).
Lone Star is likely to get picked over by the D-I SLC, may need to re-stock. Will look at FB schools. Maybe NAIA, don't know if anyone in hte decimated D-III SCAC plays FB.

Central Region:
MIAA is losing UNO, may grab Wayne St. from NSCI for #16.
NSIC will need replacement #16. Could invite D-II Indy SD mines.
Great American Conf. just got #10, had also invied NWOSU. They will re-apply for #11, expect another invitation to go to a FB-playing OK school in NAIA.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:22 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Midwest Region:
GLVC is at 16, may soon need a replacement for Northern KY. Central State (OH) who plays GLVC FB is available as a D-II indy.
Otherwise, expect them to invite a D-III or NAIA replacement.
GLIAC currently at 14. They may want to add 2. Malone and Walsh (already transitioning to D-II) are available.
Davenport (MI) just applied to D-II but was rejected. They may have had their eyes set on the GLIAC.
Conference #24 just formed with a whopping 4 schools from Ohio.
NAIA appears to no longer be an option in the Northeast.
Look for the NAIA remaining American MidEast Conf. members to apply to D-II, to re-join old mates in this new conference.

South Region:
Gulf South just added Shorter and Union to get to 11. May soon lose North Alabama to D-I. Looking to add 2 more.
D-II Florida Tech would like to joinn GSC for Football, not sure about "all sports".
Trevecca Nazarine just made the jump to D-II. No idea what conference they were hoping to join... could be GSC or perhaps SIAC or SAC.
Look for GSC to invite 2 schools, with preference for FB. May have to dip into NAIA.

Southeast Region: Looks pretty stable....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:42 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Atlantic Region:
WVIAC is at 15. WV Tech (who was booted out for improprieties years ago) is looking to return as #16. NCAA rejected D-II application the last 2 years.
Maybe WV tech was lost in a "number game"... In 2012, they will need a WVIAC invitation. A few WVIAC schools agreed to sponsor them, bu the CONFERENCE
did not formally invite them.
Point Park (Pittsburgh) is also eyeing the WVIAC, but their D-II application was just rejected.
They or NAIA Carlow will look to flee the AMC and WVIAC or new Ohio Conference would be landing places in D-II.
I would think whomever gets a formal invitation from the WVIAC will have a good shot at D-II admission next year.

Virginia University of Lynchburg (VUL) is now in USCAA, would like to join the CIAA. Will they be formally invited ?

New England Region:
Fairly stable - Northeast 10 is at 15, CACC is at 14, ECC is at 9.
NAIA AMC refugee Roberts Wesleyan was just approved for D-II, fellow AMC member Daemon ws rejected this time around.
NAIA Sunrise refugee Fisher (temporarily in AMC) will need to flee NAIA soon, geographically they would make a nice fit in the NE10, as team 16.
Look for Daemon to reapply. There is a 3rd NY school NJCAA member Monroe College that had been making some noise about D-II or D-III.
Roberts Weslayan, Daemon, and/or Monroe would seem to be possible future invitees to CACC or ECC.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:03 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Tute, GLVC has too high of standards to add Central St., plus they are swinging that conf. back to the west. all of their adds have been in MO, IL. With NKU leaving that just helps that movement. KY Wesleyan has been accepted to D-III but said they may pull out and stay D-II.
GLVC would have 16 w/o NKU in the conf. but if KWC leaves then they'd need a member.

SIAC won't take TNU, they are a HBCU conf. TNU will likely end up in the GSC or SAC.

There are 4 AMC members left. 2 applied to D-II and were rejected. Fisher who just joined is way out in Mass so they would not be in the new Ohio conf. Daemen would probably look for ECC membership.

NE-10 has 16

CACC has a soft 14(black jack reference) w/ 1 womens school

VUL only has 4 sports right now and 300 students, they have a ways to go.

WVIAC might take Pt.Park if they get accepted before WV Tech.

Why did Salem International leave the WVIAC? It doesn't make sense unless they were forced out for doing something.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:33 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno - thanks for the good information.

I suspect Salem International did something that was going to lead to their ouster (like schools like WV Tech and Chicago State must have done in the past).
By voluntarily leaving, they kept the story quiet.

I assumed KWC is gone, and the GLVC (16) would need a replacement if NKU left.

I have 5 in the AMC (with Roberts Wesleyan moving to D-II): Fisher, Daemen, Pt. Park, Carlow, Wilberforce. Daemen and Pt. Park clearly see the writing on the wall.
I believe Carlow is near Pittsburgh, and may still be a women's college. Does this agree with the membership list you have for the AMC ?

For the NE-10 here are my 15 (please tell me who I'm missing):
3 in NH - Southern New Hampshire, Franklin Pierce, St. Anselm;
1 in VT - St. Michael's;
6 in MA - UM-Lowell, American International, Assumption, Bentley, Merrimack, Stonehill
1 in CT - Southern Connecticut;
4 in NY - Adelphi, LeMoyne, Pace, St. Rose.
WHO ELSE ?

Thanks, Tute

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:42 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno - regarding previous post....

16th team on NE-10's web site is New Haven. I have them transitioning to D-1 and maybe a candidate to join the MAAC. Does that sound correct ?
That is where I was getting 15 for the NE-10.

Tute

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:43 pm 
Junior
Junior

tute79 wrote:
Fresno - thanks for the good information.

I suspect Salem International did something that was going to lead to their ouster (like schools like WV Tech and Chicago State must have done in the past).
By voluntarily leaving, they kept the story quiet.

I assumed KWC is gone, and the GLVC (16) would need a replacement if NKU left.

I have 5 in the AMC (with Roberts Wesleyan moving to D-II): Fisher, Daemen, Pt. Park, Carlow, Wilberforce. Daemen and Pt. Park clearly see the writing on the wall.
I believe Carlow is near Pittsburgh, and may still be a women's college. Does this agree with the membership list you have for the AMC ?

For the NE-10 here are my 15 (please tell me who I'm missing):
3 in NH - Southern New Hampshire, Franklin Pierce, St. Anselm;
1 in VT - St. Michael's;
6 in MA - UM-Lowell, American International, Assumption, Bentley, Merrimack, Stonehill
1 in CT - Southern Connecticut;
4 in NY - Adelphi, LeMoyne, Pace, St. Rose.
WHO ELSE ?

Thanks, Tute

New Haven is #16 for the NE-10

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:44 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

tute79 wrote:
Fresno - regarding previous post....

16th team on NE-10's web site is New Haven. I have them transitioning to D-1 and maybe a candidate to join the MAAC. Does that sound correct ?
That is where I was getting 15 for the NE-10.

Tute

New Haven stopped looking at D-I once they got a NE 10 invite

Yes 5 for the AMC, remember I don't count girls schools on my lists.

Last edited by Fresno St. Alum on Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:48 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Tk

On D-I

It's North Alabama not Northern

Northern is miss spelled on Northern Kentucky

There's no - on NC Central

I don't know if NKU and UNA have official invites either, all I have is that senior reports said this "(7-4-11) - According to sources - University of North Alabama and Northern Kentucky University will receive OVC invites sometime in mid- to late-July." If they aren't invited by the end of the month maybe take it down.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:11 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Tk
On D-I, It's North Alabama not Northern, Northern is miss spelled on Northern Kentucky, There's no - on NC Central.
fixed
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
I don't know if NKU and UNA have official invites either, all I have is that senior reports said this "(7-4-11) - According to sources - University of North Alabama and Northern Kentucky University will receive OVC invites sometime in mid- to late-July." If they aren't invited by the end of the month maybe take it down.
Noted I'll give it till August

Also D2 is done how's it look? Need to do some minor fb upgrades too...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 661 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 45  Next