NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:51 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 661 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 45  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:47 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

gsohokiefan wrote:
dgreco wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
The old map recognized 1 of the 3 other womens schools so I don't see the point in adding Ursuline now. Acutally Tk should get rid of Georgian Court(CACC).

Converse(CC) was never added and neither was Texas Women's(LSC). Of 4 women's colleges only Ursuline(New Ohio Conf) meets the 10 sport minimum. The others have 5-8 sports.

Well, they are all DII schools why not just include them. It seems odd to keep off the four women's only colleges.

Seems like the title should be changed to "NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL, DIVISION II" or add the women's schools.

(BTW, Morehouse, an all male school, only sponsors 8 sports.) ;)

The D-II rule is 10 sports, how do they get away w/ it? Did they forget to put indoor and outdoor track as different sports? Do Penis only and Vagina only schools have different rules? Why would any guy want to go to a school w/o chicks? Even gay guys need girls to hang out with.

You guys didn't even know there were 3 other schools until I said there were. Plus 3 were never on the list. There was another one too that closed (Mississippi Coll. for Women) I'd bet a ton of money whoever made that map thought Georgian Court was m/w sports. Chestnut Hill used to be all girls, they decided to go both ways and get w/ the 2000's ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:38 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

dgreco wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Well, they are all DII schools why not just include them.
Seems like the title should be changed to "NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL, DIVISION II" or add the women's schools.

The D-II rule is 10 sports, how do they get away w/ it? Did they forget to put indoor and outdoor track as different sports? Do Penis only and Vagina only schools have different rules? Why would any guy want to go to a school w/o chicks? Even gay guys need girls to hang out with.

You guys didn't even know there were 3 other schools until I said there were. Plus 3 were never on the list. There was another one too that closed (Mississippi Coll. for Women) I'd bet a ton of money whoever made that map thought Georgian Court was m/w sports. Chestnut Hill used to be all girls, they decided to go both ways and get w/ the 2000's ;)

I knew about Texas women's but not any others except Ursaline which I didn't include since Texas women's was not on it, I didn't make these maps I've just been updating them and it's a pain in the ass to change the name and relink everything.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:44 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

tkalmus wrote:
dgreco wrote:
gsohokiesfan wrote:
Well, they are all DII schools why not just include them.

I knew about Texas women's but not any others except Ursaline which I didn't include since Texas women's was not on it, I didn't make these maps I've just been updating them and it's a pain in the ass to change the name and relink everything.

Yeah, you can do whatever you want, you're the one that has the tools to edit it. If you want the 4 in put them in, if you don't don't. Like you said 3 of 4 weren't there before and I'd bet that whoever made that map thought G.Court had men's sports too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:56 pm 
Junior
Junior

I just don't see the real hassle of adding them. I can see if only 2 were listed and its harder to remove schools, but if its not hard to add them I say do it. Why not be as accurate as possible. Plus, they are members of the conferences and are the conference wiki pages and actual athletic pages.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:18 pm 
Junior
Junior

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
gsohokiefan wrote:
dgreco wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
The old map recognized 1 of the 3 other womens schools so I don't see the point in adding Ursuline now. Acutally Tk should get rid of Georgian Court(CACC).

Converse(CC) was never added and neither was Texas Women's(LSC). Of 4 women's colleges only Ursuline(New Ohio Conf) meets the 10 sport minimum. The others have 5-8 sports.

Well, they are all DII schools why not just include them. It seems odd to keep off the four women's only colleges.

Single gender schools only need to have I believe 6 sports (might be only 5) since they have roughly half of the NCAA sports unavailable to be added to their intercollegiate program.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:03 pm 
Senior
Senior

Guys, I really don't care. I didn't mean to get everyone going. :oops: I didn't even know about the map until you guys introduced it on this thread. I appreciate that you guys are keeping it updated.

I don't use it anyway because I don't update conference memberships until they actually happen so it doesn't match my database anyway.

Have a great weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:01 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

gsohokiefan wrote:
Guys, I really don't care. I didn't mean to get everyone going. :oops: I didn't even know about the map until you guys introduced it on this thread. I appreciate that you guys are keeping it updated.

I don't use it anyway because I don't update conference memberships until they actually happen so it doesn't match my database anyway.

Have a great weekend.

Don't worry, it was dgreco that started all of this :D

I thought me, tute and tk were the only ones that tracked all the schools, good to know there is another keeps records. Not just do updates for this site. On the wiki page I still have all of the new D-II schools as Indy because they want it how it is until that are actually in the conf. Same w/ the basketball tourney invites page. I just updated them 2 days ago. Just the 2011 updates.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:59 am 
Junior
Junior

Article on new football school for GSC - http://richeyonsports.com/news/071611_mpa.html

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:31 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Tk, senior reports said that they will delay talk of adding NKU and UNA until Sept. UNA is not a sure thing, but still turned in their report to the OVC. So if you want to put UNA back in the GSC(D-II) & NKU in the GLVC(D-II) until something happens. go ahead.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:47 am 
All-Star
All-Star

JacksonSun article with report that as expected the NCAA D-2 GSC yesterday officially accepted Shorter and Union as members.Link at http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110 ... /107290311

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:16 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

The above article continues on to discuss UNA and their possible movement to the OVC.
The size of the OVC conference really isn't correct going forward.
Belmont is school #12. SIU-Edwardsville may not yet be fully aboard, but they are school #11.
So looking forward the OVC will have 12 schools, 9 of which play OVC football.
SIUE and Belmont do not sponsor football, and Morehead St. plays in the non-scholarship Pioneer League.

The potential OVC additions of UNA and NKU would get the OVC to 14 schools.
UNA has football, NKU does not, so that would drive the OVC football count up to 10.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:39 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Florida with comments from Florida Tech Athletic official regarding scheduled August campus visit by NCAA D-2 GSC.Link at http://www.floridatoday.com/article/201 ... xt7CSports

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:38 pm 
Junior
Junior

Virginia-Wise has a conference invite essentially in hand... could make the move to NCAA Div II next year, if they so desire with the backing of the WVIAC...

http://www.uvawisecavs.com/article/944.php

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:47 pm 
Junior
Junior

I am in the middle of D-2 MIAA country and wonder if there are any rumors out there regarding the sudden departure of UNO to D-I affecting the MIAA's expansion next year. Are there any other viable candidates for the MIAA since 15 is such an awkward number.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:05 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

mizzoufan1 wrote:
I am in the middle of D-2 MIAA country and wonder if there are any rumors out there regarding the sudden departure of UNO to D-I affecting the MIAA's expansion next year. Are there any other viable candidates for the MIAA since 15 is such an awkward number.

Wayne St.(NE) is the only name I've heard. Maybe a school like Arkansas Tech might pop up. I just can't see anyone bail on the new GAC already. Would Missouri S&T comeback? I don't think so but it's possible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 661 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 45  Next