NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:16 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 45  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:35 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Dafoeberezin and FresnoStateAlum,thanks for the posts.
Pursuant to your request I changed the title of the "sister thread" to reflect that it contained D-3 and NAIA conference realignment info.Therefore,in the future any NCAA D-2 conference realignment info should be posted in this thread.

Article out of Tennessee reporting that Trevecca Nazarene was denied admission to NCAA D-2.Link at http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100 ... 197/SPORTS

Thanks
Freaked

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:47 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article discussing Cal Baptist D-2 conference situation now that it has been accepted to the NCAA D-2.Article mentions that Cal State San Marcos reportedly was denied D-2 membership.Link at http://www.pe.com/sports/college/breako ... cb8f4.html
Alternate link at http://www.pe.com/sports/college
Also,link to related blog article at http://blogs.pe.com/collegesports/2010/ ... ision.html

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:04 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

SWOSU site has release announcing today that a new NCAA D-2 conference will be formed.Link at http://www.swosu.edu/athletics/misc/new ... -07-12.asp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:55 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Freaked, can you move my posts about who got in and the other relevant D-II stuff on to this one?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:11 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Approved for D-II
Walsh (has fb)
S.Dakota Mines (has fb)
McKendree (has fb)
Black Hills St. (has fb)
Malone (has fb)
Lindenwood (has fb)
Cal Baptist (no fb)
Ursuline (womens college)

Rejected by D-II
W.Virginia Tech (has fb)
CS San Marcos (no fb)
Trevecca Nazarene (no fb)
Young Harris (no fb)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:31 am 
All-Star
All-Star

FresnoStAlum,thanks for the post.
As per your request here is link to "sister thread"containing "older" D-2 material to include your previous posts at viewtopic.php?f=a&t=2522

Also,blog article out of Huntsville with update on GSC realignment situation at http://blog.al.com/huntsville-times-spo ... _gulf.html

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:33 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of St Cloud with update on NSIC realignment situation at http://www.sctimes.com/article/20100714 ... 40020/1002

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:33 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Tahlequah with updated conference expansion comments from D-2 MIAA Commish at http://tahlequahdailypress.com/sports/x ... membership

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:25 am 
All-Star
All-Star

So it appears the MIAA expansion to 16 is forging ahead.

Lindenwood (just approved move-up from NAIA) and the two OK schools have applied.
No word on Nebraksa - Kearney, but you would think they would announce their application soon.

I am assuming that there was a tentative agreement as to who were going to be the primary candidates, before the MIAA made public that they were opening the doors to expansion.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:49 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

look for this

MIAA (16)adds Northeastern St., C.Oklahoma, UN-Kearney, Lindenwood
NSIC (16)adds Sioux Falls, Minot St.
GLIAC (16) adds Walsh, Malone
RMAC (15) adds Black Hills St., S.Dakota Mines (a 16th school, maybe Colorado College will be taken later)
LSC (11) adds Wayland Baptist (12th school maybe McMurry will be taken later)
Ark/Okla (11) adds NW Oklahoma St., S.Nazarene, (12th school maybe OPSU)
PWC (10) adds Cal Baptist (schools 11 & 12 will likely be Fresno Pacific and Azusa Pacific)
GSC(9) adds Lambuth (if they can ever move on in their provisional status)

You have Urbana(OH), Notre Dame(OH), Central St.(OH), Cedarville(OH), Oakland City(IN), Salem International(WV) without homes that could form a conference with other NAIA Ohio, Indiana, area schools.

McKendree is sitting in SW Illinois without a home and no room in the GLVC(16). I guess they hope N.Kentucky or Bellarmine bolt for D-I.
PBAU is perfect for the SSC (9) but has not been invited to join.
Washington Adventist and UDC have been Indy forever. CACC(13) could be a home if they ever expanded. UDC would be perfect for the CIAA(13) if they could stay out of NCAA trouble.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:53 am 
All-Star
All-Star

http://m.timesdaily.com/td/db_1452/cont ... &full=true

Article out of timesdaily about UNA moving to 1-AA and the OVC.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:34 am 
All-Star
All-Star

The Lone Star conference is likely to dwindle to 11 in the hnar future, and would appear to be ripe to lose some schools to the D-1/FCS Southland Conference (to replace some Southland schools that are looking at FBS football). The LSC has to be wary of this, and I wonder if they will have impetus to expand to replace lost members sooner, rather than later.

There are 5 Texas schools and OK Panhandle State (practically part of Texas) sitting there in the Heartland Conference. They are already D-2, no need to wait for NCAA approval to move-up, and all those "transition years".

Maybe their sports programs don't mesh well with the LSC (I don't know), but do you guys think the LSC might raid the Heartland Conference in the not-too-distant future ?

Also I noted that the NSIC seems poised to invite Minot State and Sioux Falls to be #15 and #16.
But the article mentioned that they may also look at recently approved Black Hills State and SD School of Mines. I would think 16 is sort of an artificial maximum size, and 18 would be "pushing it". But those other schools are in the NSIC footprint.

After the prolonged squabble between the NCAA and North Dakota U over "Fighting Sioux", you have expect the NCAA to start "badgering" (not just in Wisconsin) Sioux Falls University to change their name to "[insert term inoffensive to Native Americans] Falls University." The legal action might start with the NCAA filing a law siouxt....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:44 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Wichita Falls with update on Lone Star situation at http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/201 ... g-from-lsc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:42 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

LSC will have 10 real schools ;) Texas Woman's isn't NCAA compliant (they don't have equal schollies for Men and Women)

If UNA goes to the OVC that would cause Delta St. to probably push to get in the SLC. Valdosta St. would look to go D-I and the Big South too. W.Georgia and W.Florida would hope to find homes in the Big South or A-Sun.

Black Hills St., S.Dakota Mines are way out in west S.Dakota and closer to the RMAC. They may have talked to the NSIC but I don't think they're serious. I wonder if the NSIC will split down the road and form 2, 9 team conference like the old NCC and NSIC with the strong ones being in the NSIC this time. If that happened most if not all of the 5 DAC leftovers would join the new NCC.

Tute UND is N.Dakota. They'll get mad. To them it's like someone N.Carolina NCU :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:44 am 
Senior
Senior

tute79 wrote:
The Lone Star conference is likely to dwindle to 11 in the hnar future, and would appear to be ripe to lose some schools to the D-1/FCS Southland Conference (to replace some Southland schools that are looking at FBS football). The LSC has to be wary of this, and I wonder if they will have impetus to expand to replace lost members sooner, rather than later.

There are 5 Texas schools and OK Panhandle State (practically part of Texas) sitting there in the Heartland Conference. They are already D-2, no need to wait for NCAA approval to move-up, and all those "transition years".

Maybe their sports programs don't mesh well with the LSC (I don't know), but do you guys think the LSC might raid the Heartland Conference in the not-too-distant future ?

Also I noted that the NSIC seems poised to invite Minot State and Sioux Falls to be #15 and #16.
But the article mentioned that they may also look at recently approved Black Hills State and SD School of Mines. I would think 16 is sort of an artificial maximum size, and 18 would be "pushing it". But those other schools are in the NSIC footprint.

After the prolonged squabble between the NCAA and North Dakota U over "Fighting Sioux", you have expect the NCAA to start "badgering" (not just in Wisconsin) Sioux Falls University to change their name to "[insert term inoffensive to Native Americans] Falls University." The legal action might start with the NCAA filing a law siouxt....

Perhaps the LSC would prefer those Heartland schools add football before they join, like Incarnate Word did (they joined the LSC this year). Only OK Panhandle State has football so far, I think they might be first in line for an LSC invite.

Also, major LOL for University of Sioux Falls changing their name!!! :lol: I think you may have taken the funniest post award yourself!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 45  Next