NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:32 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 45  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:14 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

mizzoufan1 wrote:
Is there any final word on who applied to NCAA Division II this year? (Oh and look for Columbia College (MO) to possibly apply in the near future...)

To what conf? GLVC has 16, MIAA has all fb playing schools and 14 members. Is Bellarmine moving up, creating a hole in the GLVC for Columbia(Mo)?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:58 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Mizzou (my wife went to Mizzou-RAH !) -

List is on the Senior Report website - click on the NCAA D-2 tab. About 10 or 11 schools.
I think 8 or 9 have firm invitations to specific D-2 conferences. Not sure what the others are thinking, since that is a major criteria.

NCAA has stated that they have a "soft" limit of about 8-10 approvals for D-2 membership each year.

I think the last 2 years, the applicants were notified in the July 7 - 10 time frame.
I would expect we'll know who was approved around the middle of next week.

The procedure seems to be that the NCAA notifies the applicant schools, and then the school issues an announcement.
So these announcements come out piece-meal (sometimes over the course of 2 days).
So the list of who was approved and rejected has to sort of be compiled by folks like us ! Weird, huh ?
The Senior Report guy (Dave Schmidt ?) is all over it... he'll have the list assembled within about 36 hours of the first notification.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:05 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

Does Cal St San Marcos actually have a CCAA invitation in hand this time or are they ignoring the fact that the NCAA only wants to admit teams that have a conference destination already sorted out?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:14 am 
All-Star
All-Star

fighting muskie wrote:
Does Cal St San Marcos actually have a CCAA invitation in hand this time or are they ignoring the fact that the NCAA only wants to admit teams that have a conference destination already sorted out?

They didn't have an invite as far as I've seen, neither did Trevecca Nazarene last year but got in the GMAC shortly after being accepted. The CCAA will eventually go to 14 w/ CSUSM and UC Merced. UCM just started sports last year but has a goal of moving to D-II soon. I don't know if CCAA will go 13 then add UCM later or wait for UCM and add both.

All of the other applicants have conf. invites waiting for them this year if they get in.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:45 pm 
Junior
Junior

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
mizzoufan1 wrote:
Is there any final word on who applied to NCAA Division II this year? (Oh and look for Columbia College (MO) to possibly apply in the near future...)

To what conf? GLVC has 16, MIAA has all fb playing schools and 14 members. Is Bellarmine moving up, creating a hole in the GLVC for Columbia(Mo)?

I was just throwing that out there as a possiblity...Columbia just added 5 more sports (M & W Golf, W Soccer, and M & W X Country) to their current roster (M & W Basketball, M Soccer, W Volleyball and Softball). Considering the current apparent instability of the American Midwest Conference (there were talks of a merger between them and the Trans-South Conference (I am talking about the league Lyon College in AR is a member of) and of the NAIA in general, and knowing how aggressive the school has been in recent years at building and adding on the main campus here in CoMO, it IS a possibility. There was a recent article in the Columbia Daily Tribune about the possibility of moving to D-II but it has been shot down (for now). Is there a spot for them RIGHT NOW, no, but with old rival McKendree and several other old NAIA schools loaded in the GLVC, I see it as a distict possibility in the very near future.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:47 pm 
Junior
Junior

tute79 wrote:
Mizzou (my wife went to Mizzou-RAH !) -

List is on the Senior Report website - click on the NCAA D-2 tab. About 10 or 11 schools.
I think 8 or 9 have firm invitations to specific D-2 conferences. Not sure what the others are thinking, since that is a major criteria.

NCAA has stated that they have a "soft" limit of about 8-10 approvals for D-2 membership each year.

I think the last 2 years, the applicants were notified in the July 7 - 10 time frame.
I would expect we'll know who was approved around the middle of next week.

The procedure seems to be that the NCAA notifies the applicant schools, and then the school issues an announcement.
So these announcements come out piece-meal (sometimes over the course of 2 days).
So the list of who was approved and rejected has to sort of be compiled by folks like us ! Weird, huh ?
The Senior Report guy (Dave Schmidt ?) is all over it... he'll have the list assembled within about 36 hours of the first notification.

How do you get to Senior Reports...never have been there. Also, is your wife excited about the SEC move?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:56 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

http://www.theseniorreports.com/ncaad2.htm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:14 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Mizzoufan -

My wife was at Mizzou during the Woody's Wagon years, when OU and Nebraska would routinely beat the tar out of Missouri in football.
I don't think there is much love lost for those "rivalries". Maybe Kansas, though.... that dates back to the Big 8 (100 years in football).

We both think Missouri might be best suited to be in the Big Ten. They seemed to have abudding rivalry with Illinois.

Certainly being in a stable SEC beats the hell out of being in a Big XII where half the teams care nothing about leaving he other half high and dry.
SEC will be (as they say) a challenge and an opportuinty.
It should help recruiting, and if Mizzou plays their cards right, they could end up elevating their national profile.
On the other hand, the competition level (especially in football, swimming, and a few other sports) is intense.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:39 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Senior Reports said the D-II invites will be notified on July 13.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:47 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article from the Oklahoman reporting that OC expects to hear their NCAA D-2 membership fate this friday.Link at http://newsok.com/ohlahoma-christian-to ... le/3691335

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:07 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Anyone.... ?
Anyone.... ?
Beuhler.... ?
Anyone.... ?

(crickets chirping....)

Nothing on Senior Report yet.

Maybe those NCAA folks are still on the golf course, or wondering what to do about Penn State.....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:35 am 
All-Star
All-Star

here we go... courtesy of Senior Report....

Approved for D-2 - Daemen, Oklahoma Christian.
Northwest Oklahoma St. U. will not announce anything until next week because key officials are out of town (and apparently they want to have a little party at time of officail annoncement).

Lindenwood, Sious Falls, Academy of Art U, Notre Dame, Cedarville, are now approved as full NCAA D-2 members.

Shorter has been moved up to year 2 or transition process.

Ursuline, South Dakota School of Mines, Cal. Baptist U. have been moved up to their provisional year.

More to come, all to be notified by NCAA via e-mail by 5 pm (not sure what time zone that refers to.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:01 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Oklahoman article reporting that OC has received NCAA D-2 invite and Rogers State is expected to announce the same at 3pm(local) presser.There were reportedly 10 applicants this year.Link at http://newsok.com/oklahoma-christian-to ... le/3692115

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:18 pm 
Senior
Senior

UVa-Wise Granted NCAA Candidacy

http://www.uvawisecavs.com/article.php?articleID=1257

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:24 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

The 10 applicants for D-2 membership in 2012:

CSU - San Marcos
Daemen - APPROVED
Georgetown
Holy Names
Lee
Lubbock Christian
Northwest OKlahoma State
Oklahoma Christian - APPROVED
Rogers State - APPROVED (we think, presser at 3 pm cdt)
Virginia - Wise

Roberts Wesleyan has been notified they are being advanced one year toward full D-2 membership.
(Senior reports tweet says Year 1, I think this will be to Year 2, actually... they ust completed Year 1)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 45  Next