NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:40 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:48 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:14 pm
Posts: 1044
Location: Ciales-Manatí-Bayamón, Puerto Rico
seanbo wrote:
I don't think you will ever see FSU in the Big XII.


I don't mind if the ACC plans to make any realignment changes in the future, but I personally don't wanna see Florida State leave the ACC for any reason or circumstance, especially if the school would be offered to join either the Big XII or the SEC. And this is coming from a fellow 'Noles fan!

_________________
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:00 pm 
Offline
Senior
Senior

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:52 pm
Posts: 473
seanbo wrote:
ctx48c wrote:
Acc losses 2-4 schools B10; 2 schools to SEC; 2-6 to B12

Last standing in acc Wake Forest and BC.

First gone Group VATECH,NCST;Clemson and FSU;UVA,UNC


The more I think about it the less I think any ACC schools go to the Big XII. Big XII only gets ACC schools if 6 ACC teams got to B1G and SEC with FSU being 1 of those 6.

If UVa and GT go B1g, UNC and Duke go SEC then I think the ACC holds.

ACC South- FSU, Clemson, Miami, NC State, Wake, VT. (as good of a division as any outside the SEC West)

ACC North- BC, Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville, CINCY and either TEMPLE or UCONN

Now if FSU leaves then I think you may end up with 4 from the ACC in the Big XII (Miami, Clemson, NCSU and Louisville).

I don't think you will ever see FSU in the Big XII.


And the biggest thing of all, Texas wants 10. If they wanted to be in a 16 school conference they'd have gone to the Pac 12 back when this all started.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:42 pm 
Offline
Senior
Senior

Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:04 pm
Posts: 404
Good point, SDSUfan.

Texas is about control & power and gaining from the LHN. The schools dissatisfied with it and could break-away from the B12, did.
__________

The C-7 still will not be the old BE with no Pitt, 'Cuse, BC, etc.; though purpose would go back to original roots.
The nBE all-sports has only one early member, UConn, and they added conference fb later on.
C-7 with new additions may retain the name; but the BE is really an experiment coming to a certain conclusion with a history of wrong turns.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:03 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
louisvillecard01 wrote:
Good point, SDSUfan.

Texas is about control & power and gaining from the LHN. The schools dissatisfied with it and could break-away from the B12, did.
__________

The C-7 still will not be the old BE with no Pitt, 'Cuse, BC, etc.; though purpose would go back to original roots.
The nBE all-sports has only one early member, UConn, and they added conference fb later on.
C-7 with new additions may retain the name; but the BE is really an experiment coming to a certain conclusion with a history of wrong turns.

:o :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:14 pm 
Offline
Senior
Senior

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:52 pm
Posts: 473
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
louisvillecard01 wrote:
Good point, SDSUfan.

Texas is about control & power and gaining from the LHN. The schools dissatisfied with it and could break-away from the B12, did.
__________

The C-7 still will not be the old BE with no Pitt, 'Cuse, BC, etc.; though purpose would go back to original roots.
The nBE all-sports has only one early member, UConn, and they added conference fb later on.
C-7 with new additions may retain the name; but the BE is really an experiment coming to a certain conclusion with a history of wrong turns.

:o :lol:


Ahhhh!!! Noooooooo!!!!!!!! Spartans!!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:22 pm 
Offline
Senior
Senior

Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:04 pm
Posts: 404
SJSUFan2010 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
louisvillecard01 wrote:
Good point, SDSUfan.

Texas is about control & power and gaining from the LHN. The schools dissatisfied with it and could break-away from the B12, did.
__________

The C-7 still will not be the old BE with no Pitt, 'Cuse, BC, etc.; though purpose would go back to original roots.
The nBE all-sports has only one early member, UConn, and they added conference fb later on.
C-7 with new additions may retain the name; but the BE is really an experiment coming to a certain conclusion with a history of wrong turns.

:o :lol:


Ahhhh!!! Noooooooo!!!!!!!! Spartans!!!!!!!!


Pardon me, it was a mistake; dang acronyms. Appreciate Fullerton State Alum for pointing it out! :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:28 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm
Posts: 2803
louisvillecard01 wrote:
SJSUFan2010 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
louisvillecard01 wrote:
Good point, SDSUfan.

Texas is about control & power and gaining from the LHN. The schools dissatisfied with it and could break-away from the B12, did.
__________

The C-7 still will not be the old BE with no Pitt, 'Cuse, BC, etc.; though purpose would go back to original roots.
The nBE all-sports has only one early member, UConn, and they added conference fb later on.
C-7 with new additions may retain the name; but the BE is really an experiment coming to a certain conclusion with a history of wrong turns.

:o :lol:


Ahhhh!!! Noooooooo!!!!!!!! Spartans!!!!!!!!


Pardon me, it was a mistake; dang acronyms. Appreciate Fullerton State Alum for pointing it out! :)

Damn you KentuckyCat! :D

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:23 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7454
USAToday article/Mark Blaudschun(previously posted in another thread)reporting that BE divorce settlement announcement expected later this week at http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... ns/1963671


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:51 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7454
Mark Blaudschun blog article with update on BE divorce settlement,with announcement expected tomorrow at http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=5471


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:40 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7454
Mark Blaudscun blog article (previously posted in another thread)with more on BE divorce settlement and announcement at http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=5490


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:45 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7454
Article out of Philly discussing impending BE divorce settlement announcement and possible impact on VU at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/col ... moves.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:35 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7454
Mark Blaudschun blog article discussing today's expected BE divorce settlement announcement and next week's scheduled BE BB/Catholic 7 meeting in NY to discuss expansion at http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=5545


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:11 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:25 pm
Posts: 1731
Suppose they go to 12 ultimately, with Xavier, Dayton, Butler, St. Louis & Creighton.... I like that choice of schools, HOWEVER....

it seems a tad awkward that then when they impose divisions (if they do) - Dayton & Xavier (Cincinnati) would have to be in opposite divisions.
Maybe this just means that they WON'T have divisions !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:04 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7454
Hartford Courant article(previously posted in another thread)reporting that BE/Catholic 7 divorce settlement announcement has apparently been pushed back until tomorrow at http://www.courant.com/sports/college/h ... 7830.story


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:01 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Posts: 7454
USAToday article(previously posted in another thread) reporting that BE has officially announced league split effective 7-1-2013 at http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... it/1970647


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
 

 




Looking for College Sports apparel? Support our partner:








Support Our Partners: Search Engine Marketing - Search Engine Optimization - Search Engine Training - Online Marketing for Restuarants

Subway Map Shirts - Food and Travel

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group