NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:40 pm

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:48 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

seanbo wrote:
I don't think you will ever see FSU in the Big XII.

I don't mind if the ACC plans to make any realignment changes in the future, but I personally don't wanna see Florida State leave the ACC for any reason or circumstance, especially if the school would be offered to join either the Big XII or the SEC. And this is coming from a fellow 'Noles fan!

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:00 pm 
Senior
Senior

seanbo wrote:
ctx48c wrote:
Acc losses 2-4 schools B10; 2 schools to SEC; 2-6 to B12

Last standing in acc Wake Forest and BC.

First gone Group VATECH,NCST;Clemson and FSU;UVA,UNC

The more I think about it the less I think any ACC schools go to the Big XII. Big XII only gets ACC schools if 6 ACC teams got to B1G and SEC with FSU being 1 of those 6.

If UVa and GT go B1g, UNC and Duke go SEC then I think the ACC holds.

ACC South- FSU, Clemson, Miami, NC State, Wake, VT. (as good of a division as any outside the SEC West)

ACC North- BC, Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville, CINCY and either TEMPLE or UCONN

Now if FSU leaves then I think you may end up with 4 from the ACC in the Big XII (Miami, Clemson, NCSU and Louisville).

I don't think you will ever see FSU in the Big XII.

And the biggest thing of all, Texas wants 10. If they wanted to be in a 16 school conference they'd have gone to the Pac 12 back when this all started.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:42 pm 
Senior
Senior

Good point, SDSUfan.

Texas is about control & power and gaining from the LHN. The schools dissatisfied with it and could break-away from the B12, did.

The C-7 still will not be the old BE with no Pitt, 'Cuse, BC, etc.; though purpose would go back to original roots.
The nBE all-sports has only one early member, UConn, and they added conference fb later on.
C-7 with new additions may retain the name; but the BE is really an experiment coming to a certain conclusion with a history of wrong turns.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:03 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

louisvillecard01 wrote:
Good point, SDSUfan.

Texas is about control & power and gaining from the LHN. The schools dissatisfied with it and could break-away from the B12, did.

The C-7 still will not be the old BE with no Pitt, 'Cuse, BC, etc.; though purpose would go back to original roots.
The nBE all-sports has only one early member, UConn, and they added conference fb later on.
C-7 with new additions may retain the name; but the BE is really an experiment coming to a certain conclusion with a history of wrong turns.

:o :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:14 pm 
Senior
Senior

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
louisvillecard01 wrote:
Good point, SDSUfan.

Ahhhh!!! Noooooooo!!!!!!!! Spartans!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:22 pm 
Senior
Senior

SJSUFan2010 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
louisvillecard01 wrote:
Good point, SDSUfan.

Pardon me, it was a mistake; dang acronyms. Appreciate Fullerton State Alum for pointing it out! :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:28 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

louisvillecard01 wrote:
SJSUFan2010 wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
louisvillecard01 wrote:
Good point, SDSUfan.

Pardon me, it was a mistake; dang acronyms. Appreciate Fullerton State Alum for pointing it out! :)

Damn you KentuckyCat! :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:23 am 
All-Star
All-Star

USAToday article/Mark Blaudschun(previously posted in another thread)reporting that BE divorce settlement announcement expected later this week at http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... ns/1963671

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:51 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Mark Blaudschun blog article with update on BE divorce settlement,with announcement expected tomorrow at http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=5471

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:40 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Mark Blaudscun blog article (previously posted in another thread)with more on BE divorce settlement and announcement at http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=5490

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:45 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Article out of Philly discussing impending BE divorce settlement announcement and possible impact on VU at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/col ... moves.html

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:35 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Mark Blaudschun blog article discussing today's expected BE divorce settlement announcement and next week's scheduled BE BB/Catholic 7 meeting in NY to discuss expansion at http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=5545

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:11 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Suppose they go to 12 ultimately, with Xavier, Dayton, Butler, St. Louis & Creighton.... I like that choice of schools, HOWEVER....

it seems a tad awkward that then when they impose divisions (if they do) - Dayton & Xavier (Cincinnati) would have to be in opposite divisions.
Maybe this just means that they WON'T have divisions !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:04 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Hartford Courant article(previously posted in another thread)reporting that BE/Catholic 7 divorce settlement announcement has apparently been pushed back until tomorrow at http://www.courant.com/sports/college/h ... 7830.story

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:01 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

USAToday article(previously posted in another thread) reporting that BE has officially announced league split effective 7-1-2013 at http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... it/1970647

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next