Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:28 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:39 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

Two Updates:

* I've recently taken the main/general Expansion & Realignment Threads for each conference and made them announcements. So you'll see the conference threads all at the top of each forum with the regular topics below.

* When we started the forums back in 2000, there was a need to split things up by conference when possible, to create different forums. 2003 came and there was plenty of shuffling with the bulk of conferences making changes. But with things slowign down, i'm curious if it would make more sense to merge the conference forums into (1) single Realignment forum. So ACc, BE, CUSA, MWC, PAC10, Big Ten, etc would all be in the same forum. The "announcement/sticky" MAIN threads per conference would remain on top, with all the secondary threads being merged.

Before doing that, I wanted to get some feedback from as many people as possible.

Thanks,
Quinn

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:59 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

I like the idea of bunching them. (All FBS together, All FCS & Non FB conf together). Makes it easier.

How about a D-II conf change forum or move up section

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:05 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Here's the wikipedia link to the conferences. I'm one of the people that edits it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_basketball

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:22 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Quinn -

Yeah, you can probably re-organize and clean it up a bit.

I think I like the bunching idea something like what Fresnostate suggested.

Maybe:
1) D-I
1a) A thread for each of the 11 FBS conferences (and perhaps Notre Dame) under one tab, and an additional thread for interconference movement, and a thread for move-ups from FCS
1b) A thread for each of the (I count 21 with the Great West) FCS / non-football conferences, with a thread for interconference movement, and a thread for move-ups (typically from D-II). Additional threads for FCS football conferences like the Missouri Valley (formerly Gateway) Football Conference, Pioneer Football Conference
1c) Threads for sports that have sport-specific conferences like hockey (WCHA, CCHA, AHA, ECAC, Hockey East), etc.

2) D-II, D-III, NAIA (formatted something like D-I above)
2a) D-II
2b) D-III
2c) NAIA

One could suggest a thread for each conference in these categories, but the volume of discussion will likely be so much lower than for D-I, that forcing a poster to figure out where to comment may fragment the discussion too much.

I'm sure once you start moving stuff around, a semi-logical grouping will start to become evident. We'll figure it out.
Some of the stuff in the old conference threads is really obsolete, and some is quite current. You might judiciously break the old threads at the point where decisions were made and the conference moved forward, and then keep posts subsequent to that decision (which refer to the current alignment) in the new thread for that conference.

Best of luck. I really enjoy this forum. Even when some posters (including myself) are somewhat ignorant on this or that topic, the other posters are generally courteous and provide valuable links to help us all get educated on the latest and greatest, and that creates an excellent atmosphere for discussion.

Thanks,
Tute79