NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:30 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:33 pm 
I'm still waiting for my e-mail confirmation for my username MikeTheTiger. I used an address that gets auto-forwarded, but it hasn't come through yet. It's been 36 hours.

Anyway, as those of you familiar with the LSU mascot may have already guessed, I am an LSU fan. I grew up in Baton Rouge and bleed purple and gold. My alma mater, however, is Rice University, which gets my secondary allegiance. Still, I recognize the short-comings of the football program at Rice and know that it doesn't really belong in the highest classification. Baseball is another story. I currently reside in Seattle (and have for the past 7+ years), but constant complaints about East Coast bias have made it very difficult for me to really get into Pac-10 sports. Thank goodness the SEC has CBS pretty much to itself and plenty of games on ESPN and ESPN2. The ESPN Gameplan package helps as well.

The primary message board I frequent is GASF.com, where I am an administrator. Our posters come almost exclusively from the BCS conferences and Notre Dame, but all are welcome. During the season, we typically have about 100 active members per day and anywhere from 50-75 will post in a given week. If you like general discussions of college football, MLB or just random community interaction, give the site a look at http://www.gasf.com. The message board main page is http://www.gasf.com/comm.

I am very impressed with what I've seen of the discussions here. The subject matter may be more narrowly focused, but it is discussed in a lively and interesting way. I love conference debates and hope to engage in my fair share here in the coming months.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:43 pm 
Junior
Junior

Well,

Believe it or not, I did not attend a single class at Mississippi State. I was born and raised an MSU fan and have bled maroon since I was a child. This was so ingrained in me from childhood that when I had the gall to attend one of those other schools in the state...I still remained a State fan.

Yes, instead I went to Ole Miss. By the way, My Dad's hair turned gray while I was a student there. However, the only change that occured in my heart is that I no longer hate Ole Miss. In fact, I am quite an Ole Miss fan until they play Miss. State.

I worked several years for the state of Louisiana, living in St. Francisville. Two years ago I moved back to Mississippi to take a federal job with DHS, most of the details of which must remained undisclosed...but at least I am home.

Last edited by stevuscaticus on Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:57 am 
Freshman
Freshman

Hi, My name is Micheal Bond, I am 22 years old from Windsor, North Carolina...I live about 40 minutes from the campus of East Carolina University...so i am a ECU and CUSA Fan. I attended the University of North Carolina at Wilmington for 1 year in 2000, but transferred to North Carolina Weslyan College in Rocky Mount, NC. I will be graduating in the summer of 2004 with a degree in Computer Information Systems.

My favorite team is the North Carolina Tarheels, I hate Duke...and NC State is okay sometimes...I"m a Big ACC Fan, I"m glad the ACC can go to 12 teams, I would have preferred Syracuse over Boston College as the 12th team, but that didn't happen.

I am really into the mid-major conferences...I really like the Sun Belt and the WAC. I think the WAC might need a new commish because they make some strange decisions...(i.e. Bowl Game Placement) and also their take on Idaho. The Sun Belt will definitely survive, because they can just add any number of southern I-AA Schools that already meet the 15K criteria.

I was searching for College Football Realignment when i fell upon this wonderful site. It's been the easiest to navigate and i enjoy all the different opinions from people all over this country...I don't have East Coast Bias, but most of the Eastern Teams ARE better then Western Teams...i'm just stating facts...

But anyways, that's my story and i'm sticking to it.

P.S. in case you don't know, if you see a post by the name of Micheal Bond, that's me also (compared to michealbond)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:15 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

no feelings for uncw bond? ;D i am currently a student there and am a big fan. we play ecu in baseball next week here at brooks, would love to play yall in basketball again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:29 am 

ACC Seahawk, I've got plenty of Love for UNC-W, I love the city of Wilmington, and the college, i'll always be a Seahawk. I was sad to see UNC-W not go the dance this year, it's been a down year since Blizzard left. I would love to see UNC-W with a football team, but that might never happen, unless they increase enrollment to about 15 or 16K with at least half of them being men. Good Luck at UNC-W.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:04 pm 
Junior
Junior

I'm Blue-blooded by birth. Both my parents are BYU grads, as well as two siblings. My ancestry on my mom's side even includes the great "BY" in "BYU" (I'm one of 10,000 or so living descendants, including NFL & BYU QB Steve Young). I really started getting interested in their football teams around the time of Ty "Heisman" Detmer. I also followed Steve Young's career from when he was backing up Joe Cool in San Fran. Little did I know he would go on and be almost as big a star as his predecessor, setting marks for season and career efficiency ratings.

I guess my interest in conferences stems out of BYU's constant snubbing for playing in what is viewed as a "weak" conference. Although I admit it may not be the SEC, I think it is highly underrated due to it's isolation from the general mass of football fans and media. I've grown from just a BYU supporter to a WAC/MWC backer as well.

I grew up in the SEC country in the Heart of Dixie, so you can imagine how hard it is to get coverage of your favorite team, located in Utah, from Alabama. I have a pretty good knowledge of the Iron Bowl rivalry and the general SEC, but only really out of lack of other football options. I was born in GA, so my favorite team in the Dawgs in the SEC, although the interest doesn't match to that of BYU. If I had to pick from any of the SEC schools to play or go to, Georgia would be it. I also have multi-generational ancestral roots in that state (Fitzgerald area to be specific).

We do get quite a few Big 10 regional games here in the Huntsville-Decatur (extreme northern AL) market, so I am familiar with those teams as well. I've never gotten PPV plans or anything, so the only time I get to see the Cougs play is when they play a big team, or are a big team themselves, and bowls. I had to scrounge through the back pages in the Sunday sports section of the paper for scores before the internet. It was a pleasant change when I stayed in Utah for a few months one time during football season (1996). I also got acquainted with USU and Utah there. I may go back someday...

Anyway, I found this board from a Google search on conference realignments for future years. I was also playing the EA Sports NCAA Football 2004 video game at the time, where you can get team's conferences changed (although you can't do it very easily). I had written out this list of ideal conferences that I wanted to somehow implement in the game through some trickery. It turned out harder than expected.

I eventually gave up on the entire list, but still had it handy when I found this board. Thus, I used it as a base for my first post here in the "Dream Conference" thread.

Well, I have this board bookmarked, and come here when I feel like talking about it. It's definitely not my only online interest, but I'll be here every now and then.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:08 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

I'm FBG most people call me kevin haha. I was born in Florence ,Alabama move to Hartsville, TN when I was 6 lived their for 12 years played football at TCHS I have a state championship ring. Moved back to florence for JR and SR years the football team stunk And I never played for them thank god. Anyway went in the US Army for 13 years just got back from Iraq in March. Thats all about me. Oh yeah one thing I love college football and Alabama roll tide roll.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:58 am 
Freshman
Freshman

hello people. i am a fan of the 2003 bcs national champions. that would be the lsu tigers. 1 week until our first game of the 2004 season and i'm excited. i think we will surprise alot of people. hopefully in a good way.

i'm a fan of 1a college football in general. i don't know much about 1aa, but i think it probably plays an important role in division 1 football. i am interested in changes to improve the way college football is played. i like to discuss 1a playoffs and conference realignment. i've made a formula that ranks teams based on their relative performance.

i like the concept of this site and hope to have thoughtful conversations to challenge and help imrpove my ideas.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:55 am 
Freshman
Freshman

Grew up in Conn.
Graduated from Williams College in '97. Lived in Boston afterwards.
Moved to Chicago in '01 to attend UofC Grad Sch of Bus. Been in Chicago ever since.

My younger bro went to Mich - hence the allegiance.

Have always been interested in realignment - MLB, NFL, College Football. I've got plans for everything.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:22 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

Hello All,
I know the season is nearly over but better late than never. Miami Hurricanes fan and what a tough couple of years it has been. I finally found a forum that deals with fantasy conference reallignment. Almost every forum regarding college football discusses this at one point or another. So, this is great.

I am from Pensacola, Florida but the Air Force thought it would be hilarious to stick me in Grand Forks, NordDakotah. I look forward to discussing NCAA college football and all the things behind the scenes that make it so interesting. Thanks for reading

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:41 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

Lockin' this link up in favor of the more recent one. Take a look any introduce yourself:

http://collegesportsinfo/forum/viewtopic.php?t=166

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:39 pm 
Senior
Senior

I guess since I haven't done this yet, better late than never....

I'm a Seattle native, yet have always been an Oregon fan, and have been a sports fan since I was little. After going to middle and high school in the Cincinnati area (and playing junior hockey there and Springfield, IL), I went to the U of Montana and played puck for them until the sport was cut. After leaving there, I took some time off school, and then went to IUPUI, where I got my associates' in Computer Info Tech and an associates in Computer Info Systems from Ivy Tech. I'm now in Louisville finishing my CIS degree at UofL and enjoying some good sports.

Besides being an afficionado of both sports and geography, I do have some stake in some of the realignments with Louisville part of rebuilding the Big East, as well as seeing what may or may not happen with Montana. That and having been to a few colleges, I've seen things first hand that have a part to play in whether a college has a chance to move up or is being held back for whatever reason.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:17 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

Good to know Tarkio. Sorry about the Sonics moving.

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:51 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

I graduated from Fresno St. in 2001. I have a hobby of tracking Div./conf. movement at all levels.

I have a notebook with every NCAA D-I, D-II, D-III, NAIA D-I, D-II, NCCAA, USCAA school, conf. and mascot/nickname

I blog for this site a few years ago. I'm on the FCS, D-II boards a lot. I also post on the NAIA, NFL board.

NFL rules all for me I'm a big time Packers fan and love fantasy football.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next