NCAA Conference Realignment & Expansion Message Boards
NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:23 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:18 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

My name is Pete. I was born in Anchorage Alaska. I like the Green Bay Packers, and Georgia Bulldogs. I grew up most of my life in Wisconsin but now I live in Georgia. I'm 25 and I want to learn something new about college football everyday. I really love college football, even though I think it's the most unfair and corrupt sport on the planet, I'll save that part for the playoff vs BCS thread

I have been viewing this site for years and then posting comments on it for a while. But I just discovered the forum part and became a member recently.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:57 am 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

Peter Hunt wrote:
My name is Pete. I was born in Anchorage Alaska. I like the Green Bay Packers, and Georgia Bulldogs. I grew up most of my life in Wisconsin but now I live in Georgia. I'm 25 and I want to learn something new about college football everyday. I really love college football, even though I think it's the most unfair and corrupt sport on the planet, I'll save that part for the playoff vs BCS thread

I have been viewing this site for years and then posting comments on it for a while. But I just discovered the forum part and became a member recently.

Welcome to the forums, Peter! Always a pleasure to read your comments on the main site. The forum is a great source for what you're looking for, lots of great people interested in the topic that offer lots of great insight. And anytime there is any good content out there to read, you'll find freaked finding ans sharing a link to it. Of all the forums I've visited, I've always found this one to have the best people...people who get the topics, passionate about it and able to wear the different hats to dig into the topics.

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:18 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Welcome Pete !

It seems more than coincidence that Green Bay and U of Georgia have THE SAME helmet logo.... especially if you are color-blind.
Did you have something to do with that ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:48 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Well sh*t if PH woulda had that sig up before he posted about UNLV being #14 and ND joining the ACC. I woulda went easy on him w/ a "UNLV prez said he doesn't want to split up sports and sacrifice bball :P . Instead of all the reasons why UNLV sucks on every level of fb except market. :mrgreen:

You have an Alcorn St. logo but no Donald Driver in your sig? I know he's old, but still.

I'm an owner of the Packers and Aaron Rodgers' babysitter when he was growing up is my dental hygienist. She was also Rob Johnson's babysitter too but he's nothing special.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:34 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Well sh*t if PH woulda had that sig up before he posted about UNLV being #14 and ND joining the ACC. I woulda went easy on him w/ a "UNLV prez said he doesn't want to split up sports and sacrifice bball. In stead of all the reasons why UNLV sucks on every level of fb except market. :mrgreen:

You have an Alcorn St. logo but no Donald Driver in your sig? I know he's old, but still.

I'm an owner of the Packers and Aaron Rodgers' babysitter when he was growing up is my dental hygienist. She was also Rob Johnson's babysitter too but he's nothing special.

Don't go easy on me! If I post a prediction that may sound far out there to some of you. Then let me know why I'm wrong, even though i'm not... thats the whole point of putting posts on posts. But DD is the man! I just got my brother a DD Jersey and was able to get Donald to sign it for him. He even wrote my brother a personal message on his birthday when he was overseas in Afganastan. He's kicking ass in Dancing with the stars.

I also voluntered at a camp 2 summers ago and Arod was dating the head Cook. Well Aaron was scheduled to come up and volunteer that summer as dishcrew, I was in charge of dishcrew and he was also sign up to be my roommate. But they broke up the night before was supposed to come up.

But one Packer I really got to know was Reggie White before he died. He started Urban Hope, which is a program for small businesses. My Parents started a construction company a while back, Reggie White even got in our family photo.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:18 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Peter Hunt wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Well sh*t if PH woulda had that sig up before he posted about UNLV being #14 and ND joining the ACC. I woulda went easy on him w/ a "UNLV prez said he doesn't want to split up sports and sacrifice bball. In stead of all the reasons why UNLV sucks on every level of fb except market. :mrgreen:

Don't go easy on me! If I post a prediction that may sound far out there to some of you. Then let me know why I'm wrong, even though i'm not... thats the whole point of putting posts on posts. But DD is the man! I just got my brother a DD Jersey and was able to get Donald to sign it for him. He even wrote my brother a personal message on his birthday when he was overseas in Afganastan. He's kicking ass in Dancing with the stars.

I also voluntered at a camp 2 summers ago and Arod was dating the head Cook. Well Aaron was scheduled to come up and volunteer that summer as dishcrew, I was in charge of dishcrew and he was also sign up to be my roommate. But they broke up the night before was supposed to come up.

But one Packer I really got to know was Reggie White before he died. He started Urban Hope, which is a program for small businesses. My Parents started a construction company a while back, Reggie White even got in our family photo.

I do but you can't handle it. That statement proves you're a troll. Even the best of the best get it wrong sometimes.

Quinn, this dude seems like a 1 uper. I give him a high rating on the BS meter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:44 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

Play nice, boys. FsA, Peter is a regular contributes on the blog articles for some time now.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?opc4cv

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:03 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Quinn wrote:
Play nice, boys. FsA, Peter is a regular contributes on the blog articles for some time now.

---

And? You don't seriously buy his bs and I know you know his BE thread nonsense shows he doesn't get expansion "Even though I know I'm not(wrong)" He has nothing to troll about commenting on your stories. Here he can spew nonsense and have someone respond.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:48 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Quinn wrote:

---

And? You don't seriously buy his bs and I know you know his BE thread nonsense shows he doesn't get expansion "Even though I know I'm not(wrong)" He has nothing to troll about commenting on your stories. Here he can spew nonsense and have someone respond.

I love your site Quinn, but I don't know if I can do the forum if theres bullies like FsA on here. I don't know why he's picking on me then calling me a troll. I was just trying to have a fun debate. but he can't handle it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:09 pm 
Senior
Senior

Peter Hunt wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:

Eh don't worry about these guys too much. We've got some smart guys here but they're wrong too. I got banned for a week for saying Texas A&M would go to the SEC and the SEC would want a 14th school. I was told that A&M to the SEC was so radical it belonged in the dream conference thread and that the SEC wouldn't want a 14th school even if they took A&M because there wasn't a school that could grow the pie enough. That was about a month before A&M went to the SEC.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:55 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Peter Hunt wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:
Quinn wrote:

---

I love your site Quinn, but I don't know if I can do the forum if theres bullies like FsA on here. I don't know why he's picking on me then calling me a troll. I was just trying to have a fun debate. but he can't handle it.

More lies by you. You can't handle the facts I post that destroy your opinion. UNLV Name Brand, Big Fan base. yada yada. Then I post their avg attendance and record of 20K per home game and terrible record. SDSU not allowing Fresno in the BE, w/o knowing the CSU system rules that they have to vote in favor of a sister school. Saying AFA turned down the B12 so it somehow relates to the BE. BSU is going to the title game then joining the B12 and if they don't Cincy is coming.

That part were you stay you're always right. It took me 1 post to kill that UNLV name brand big fan base nonsense. You belong w/ that guy that says WAC football will live on and then he posted a bunch FCS teams that he knew nothing about that would save the WAC, that don't even want to be FBS and especially not in the WAC. Whaaaaaaaaaaaa FSA is a bully. Posting facts and shooting down your opinions make me a bully. Yet a few posts ago you told me to not go easy on you. I guess you're tapping out.

Last edited by Fresno St. Alum on Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:08 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

SJSUFan2010 wrote:
Peter Hunt wrote:
Fresno St. Alum wrote:

Eh don't worry about these guys too much. We've got some smart guys here but they're wrong too. I got banned for a week for saying Texas A&M would go to the SEC and the SEC would want a 14th school. I was told that A&M to the SEC was so radical it belonged in the dream conference thread and that the SEC wouldn't want a 14th school even if they took A&M because there wasn't a school that could grow the pie enough. That was about a month before A&M went to the SEC.

You got lucky ;) How did Quinn know that A&M was going to sneak out while the politicians were out of session. Good call, on your part. None of us are always right. Like I said Quinn and I got murdered by the FCS board for saying the A10 could raid them, last year. So guess who broke the news that VCU and GMU would looking for a A10 invite this year. :D I took the same sh*t on the csn board and about no way the BE could raid the ACC and no way would BE school reject an ACC invite. Then boom it happened, the dude lost a bet to me that he could never post again if ACC raided BE again. He had no balls and didn't own up to it.

Lash should get some credit for making that half MWC half BE fb conf. they kinda did that. That was a couple years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:09 am 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

Easy, FSA. A troll is someone intentionally trying to sabotage. I don't think that is the case with Peter. Peter, FSA makes some good points, but yes, you're right, it has been too harsh. The reason is two fold: there are always trolls who are trying to just ruin a good thing and we need to do what is needed to keep the forums free from them. And then there is the logic factor. We try to keep the forums realistic. It might be great for Tulane to return to the SEC...but it's not ever going to happen. So it's a point best served for the "Dream Conferences for Fun" thread. That thread exists for posts that fall outside the reality of why conferences realign. There have been many changes since even 2003. Conferences at the top seek brands to replace departing schools...which is why only hot-name TCU (also located in Dallas/Ft. Worth where so many B12 alumni live, perhaps more than any other city) as well as their on-field performance and national brand recognition: TCU, like Boise St. is a national brand (which might drop now that they aren't big fish in a small pond anymore). WVU, a national brand with northeast market penetration (I know this from all the students there from PA, NJ, NY, CT I met over the years visiting my own friends there)...a logical addition to a top conference like the Big 12.

For the Big East, they lost their 3 big fish, so for them, it was about finding solid-to-good programs like Houston, UCF and a June Jones led SMU...which also provided SOME market penetration for the new TV contract. Memphis was brought in solely for their market and basketball to replace the losses of Syracue and Pitt. Temple for a northeast football presence in Philly. SDSU as grease to get Boise St and Boise St. because along with TCU, they are the top non-BCS gets.

So when it comes to posting, it's best to remain as close to reality as possible. Qualifiers like "It would be great is the ____ conference would consider _____ instead of the same old moves of adding powerhouses like _____". Or "In the perfect world, the _______conference would consider ______, but they won't because the system doesn't work that way".

It's a big difference than passing dreams along as realities.

As for UNLV, FSA, you also need to remember that when it comes to the Big East, there is no set logic anymore. They added SDSU for football-only, despite the on-field success of the program being next to nothing. They were brought in because to get Boise St., they needed more schools in the west...and the top choices, BYU and Air Force rejected the BE for FB/all-sports options. So looking at SDSU being added, and regardless of what the UNLV president had so say what seems like years ago in the realignment world, UNLV is not a stretch by and means. Memphis was just added for football, despite the fact that they likely would have joined for basketball only. But Memphis is a bridge for the football conference to connect the two FL schools to the two TX schools. Do you really think that if the revamped BCs system is a 4 team system with conferences sharing that bid money, that UNLV would still turn down a FB only invite if there is a chance that Boise St. could slip in every few years as the #3 or #4 school if they go undefeated? Especially when UNLV can go back to the Big West and join SDSU, making the Big West a potentially better conference than the MWC for basketball? Of course not. Admins change their opinions and often, they try to build themselves up (and their programs) by rejecting things in public only because they know they won't get the opportunity. UNLV wasn't #3 on the list after BYU and Air Force. But the Big East only wanted 1 school in the region at the time...and SDSU was high on the list...despite having less football success. So the point is simple: for the Big East, the logic is so out there with what they are doing, that one can never rule out any school from a lesser conference. And since the Big East is making it's moves more about market ACCESS versus penetration, gaining access into SoCal via SDSU and Las Vegas via UNLV could be something that fits their TV negotiation model better than say, adding New Mexico, Fresno St., Nevada, etc. For the Big East, the logic is not as set as for the Power 5. I mean, remember, we're discussing UNLV vs Fresno St. for a Big EAST spot. So traditional logic is out the window with the BE.

I don't want any responses. Just thought to oneself.

FSA, cut Peter some general slack.
Peter, just remember there is some logic to how things play out, so the more you understand the TV negotiations, roles of academics, market penetration vs. just being in a market, they easier it is to follow all the conference realignment madness.

It's that simple and everyone is happy!

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:14 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Quinn wrote:
Easy, FSA. A troll is someone intentionally trying to sabotage. I don't think that is the case with Peter. Peter, FSA makes some good points, but yes, you're right, it has been too harsh. The reason is two fold: there are always trolls who are trying to just ruin a good thing and we need to do what is needed to keep the forums free from them. And then there is the logic factor. We try to keep the forums realistic. It might be great for Tulane to return to the SEC...but it's not ever going to happen. So it's a point best served for the "Dream Conferences for Fun" thread. That thread exists for posts that fall outside the reality of why conferences realign. There have been many changes since even 2003. Conferences at the top seek brands to replace departing schools...which is why only hot-name TCU (also located in Dallas/Ft. Worth where so many B12 alumni live, perhaps more than any other city) as well as their on-field performance and national brand recognition: TCU, like Boise St. is a national brand (which might drop now that they aren't big fish in a small pond anymore). WVU, a national brand with northeast market penetration (I know this from all the students there from PA, NJ, NY, CT I met over the years visiting my own friends there)...a logical addition to a top conference like the Big 12.

For the Big East, they lost their 3 big fish, so for them, it was about finding solid-to-good programs like Houston, UCF and a June Jones led SMU...which also provided SOME market penetration for the new TV contract. Memphis was brought in solely for their market and basketball to replace the losses of Syracue and Pitt. Temple for a northeast football presence in Philly. SDSU as grease to get Boise St and Boise St. because along with TCU, they are the top non-BCS gets.

So when it comes to posting, it's best to remain as close to reality as possible. Qualifiers like "It would be great is the ____ conference would consider _____ instead of the same old moves of adding powerhouses like _____". Or "In the perfect world, the _______conference would consider ______, but they won't because the system doesn't work that way".

It's a big difference than passing dreams along as realities.

As for UNLV, FSA, you also need to remember that when it comes to the Big East, there is no set logic anymore. They added SDSU for football-only, despite the on-field success of the program being next to nothing. They were brought in because to get Boise St., they needed more schools in the west...and the top choices, BYU and Air Force rejected the BE for FB/all-sports options. So looking at SDSU being added, and regardless of what the UNLV president had so say what seems like years ago in the realignment world, UNLV is not a stretch by and means. Memphis was just added for football, despite the fact that they likely would have joined for basketball only. But Memphis is a bridge for the football conference to connect the two FL schools to the two TX schools. Do you really think that if the revamped BCs system is a 4 team system with conferences sharing that bid money, that UNLV would still turn down a FB only invite if there is a chance that Boise St. could slip in every few years as the #3 or #4 school if they go undefeated? Especially when UNLV can go back to the Big West and join SDSU, making the Big West a potentially better conference than the MWC for basketball? Of course not. Admins change their opinions and often, they try to build themselves up (and their programs) by rejecting things in public only because they know they won't get the opportunity. UNLV wasn't #3 on the list after BYU and Air Force. But the Big East only wanted 1 school in the region at the time...and SDSU was high on the list...despite having less football success. So the point is simple: for the Big East, the logic is so out there with what they are doing, that one can never rule out any school from a lesser conference. And since the Big East is making it's moves more about market ACCESS versus penetration, gaining access into SoCal via SDSU and Las Vegas via UNLV could be something that fits their TV negotiation model better than say, adding New Mexico, Fresno St., Nevada, etc. For the Big East, the logic is not as set as for the Power 5. I mean, remember, we're discussing UNLV vs Fresno St. for a Big EAST spot. So traditional logic is out the window with the BE.

I don't want any responses. Just thought to oneself.

FSA, cut Peter some general slack.
Peter, just remember there is some logic to how things play out, so the more you understand the TV negotiations, roles of academics, market penetration vs. just being in a market, they easier it is to follow all the conference realignment madness.

It's that simple and everyone is happy!

Enjoy!

You're hanging on the UNLV thing. It's the part where he says he's never wrong, that made me throw sh*t back in his face. They settled for Memphis football because they have good basketball. What do you get w/ UNLV fb? Nothing. Might as well take SJSU football if you want a big market. USC is Vegas' team, if you've been there enough you know it is. You said yourself that if you took Fresno's actual market, they'd be up around the top 10, covering most of the San Joaquin Valley. AFA is still easiest most logical pick and Navy joining the West and Temple moving east seems to be a tip we are headed there. I will give you that if UNLV has a couple of SDSU type seasons before the BE invites 14, then sure if AFA says no again(I don't think they will) UNLV could be picked.

I know I'm a pain in the a$$.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:19 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

I want to get along with everyone on here. When I said, "I'm never wrong" That was meant as a joke, believe it or not. I'm sorry that was taken serilously. There is a lot I have to learn yet. I don't want any enemies...especialy another Packer fan.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next