NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:39 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:09 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

Hello everyone! The time is here...we have a new board. As you'll see, it offers all sorts of great options that the other site couldn't provide. Unlike the previous forum, this one will also require registration. So signup, and add on to this thread with some information about yourslef. Where do you live? What team(s) do you cheer for? What are some of your basic thoughts about the overall topic of the forum?

Enjoy!

Image@ncaasports Image csi.com/facebook

Like the new CSI Userbar? Feel free to use it here and any other forums.
You can save and host it yourself or link from here.

Last edited by Quinn on Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 1:17 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

back up top...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 8:26 am 
Senior
Senior

Hello,

I am a TN fan. The SEC probably should not expand, but I am interested in what is going on. John Shumaker, the TN president was quote on the Knoxville news Sentinel site (Knoxnews.com) on 29 Oct as saying that there would be major realignment in the next few years! [ :) ? or :'( ? ]

A general forum on BCS conferenc realignment would be good. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 10:55 am 
Freshman
Freshman

I think that's what this generla forum is for: BCS realignment. If you have something specific to discuss, start a thread and the rest of us posters will respond. I'm sure kingcal will agree.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 12:54 pm 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

Something to add here:

If you scroll down a page, you will notice that on the yellow navigation bar there is a link for FAQ and Icons. If you click on the icons link, you will get instructions for modifying your profile and adding customized images for your username.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:51 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

too bad about the old forum, progess i guess.

the University of Idaho is having a bad year this year but in the past they had held their own. Hopefully things will turn around.

thanks for this forum, it's a lot of fun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 3:37 am 
Junior
Junior

I am catdaddy2402...from the old board. I am a Clemson fan...but follow pretty much all the southern football teams with interest. Glad you have to register...maybe it will cut down on the BS.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 11:14 am 
Freshman
Freshman

I've posted a few times on the old board. Got a little apprehensive about posting when all the BS started popping up.

I am an Irish fan with Clemson season tickets.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 11:57 pm 
:D

Hey, wazzup you guys? I am a fan of a few teams, like Montana, Grambling State, St. John's, MN and Mount Union (the latter two DIII), UC Davis (DII), but especially, the Hawaii Warriors, which are my favorite upon favorites! ;D

My location says Waikiki, but that's a bit of a misleading thought. I'm from Long Beach, CA, and I even have a favorite JC football team, the Long Beach City College Vikings.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 7:47 pm 
Sophomore
Sophomore

I am a Louisville fan. I posted as the #1_Card_Fan on the old board. I have changed to Wilkie01 on all my sites so I can always use the same moniker.

I like this site and will not miss the trolls.

Wilkie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 8:14 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

I'm GTJay

I'm a--you guessed it--a GT fan and a big proponent of ACC expansion (as is our A.D., Dave Braine) :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 8:57 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

As can be inferred, I am a fan of the Maryland Terrapins. The ACC is the perfect conference! Full round robin in football, full double round robin in basketball, and 50 years of tradition. I can only hope my second favorite conference, the Big East, pulls in Notre Dame to get that nine-team round robin for football. I will dislike ND until that happens.

I have a grand plan for the reorganization of Division I for the revenue sports, and hopefully followed by the non-revenue sports. I may share it sometime.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:39 pm 
All-Conference
All-Conference

From my name you can easily deduce two things:
1. I am a fan of two teams.
2. I am a fan of the Oregon Ducks.

The only Dawg team that I like is the University of Georgia Bulldogs, who just won the SEC this year!! Woohoo!!! ;D

I am interested in conference realignment as it relates to the Pac 10 and the SEC.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:56 am 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

Hello there everyone!

When we switched to this forum from the 2 past ones, we had a general introduction thread for the new members. Well, since then, we've added hundreds of new members.

I thought it would be nice if the board members had a chance to post a bit about yourselves...any info you'd like to share such as what teams you are fans of, where you went to school, what other message boards you frequent, etc.

So enjoy and best wishes to everyone for 2004!

Last edited by Quinn on Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:14 am 
CollegeSportsInfo Admin
CollegeSportsInfo Admin

So here's my story...a bit of a long description, but I figure that since I own the site, I'll share a bit more then I normally would...

I attended the University of Massachusetts from 1993-97 after growing up in northwestern New Jersey. During this time, I worked with the sports department via the time I spent at WMUA, the flagship station for UMass Basketball and Football. It was a great time to be at UMass since it was essentially an outsider school who had infiltrated the big-time college sports world by dominating the basketball polls for so many years. The pride and general experience is probably similar to what the students and fans at Gonzaga have been experiencing of late.

During my time at UMass, I became enamoured with the concept of Conference Realignment. I saw the Atlantic 10, a league made up of private and state shcools, make many changes. Rutgers, West virginia left the league, years after seeing Penn State and Pitt leave as well. I had already had much interest after seeing Notre Dame join the Big East, seeing the Big East form a football conference and watching the SWC break-up, as well as the WAC a few years later.

After spending some time in Princeton, NJ, and New York City working for Clear Channel and other radio/press outlets in a media consulting profession, I've since moved to Boston, Ma where I work as a web designer, media consultant and ecommerce strategist. I'm planning to attend law school in the fall of 2005...anyone with any advice for me regardign the process, feel free to email me.

So what other boards do I frequent the most?
http://UMassHoops.com
http://CAAZone.com
http://KillerFrogs.com
http://OwlScoop.com
http://RonFez.net