NCAA Map

Discussions by Conference:
  It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:01 am

Help support CollegeSportsInfo.com by shopping

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:54 am 
Freshman
Freshman

hi im from GB and i love the packers and brett favre, like i love my family.
anyone wanna chat about him.. we'll start with this.
WHAT HAPPENED TO BRETT and the JETS?

Quote:
A month ago, the N.Y. Jets had just defeated arch rival New England and the previously undefeated Tennessee Titans
in back-to-back weeks and were suddenly on top of the NFL world as the team to beat in the AFC. New Yorkers were talking about a Giants-Jets Super Bowl. Four games later, those same N.Y. Jets are struggling to merely make the playoffs after dropping an extremely disheartening 13-3 road loss to the Seattle Seahawks
this afternoon. Quarterback Brett Favre summed it up in his postgame presser:

“I think one thing for sure is this team is well aware of what opportunities have been in front of us. I think we felt that from day one. I think that’s what is disappointing is that our guys know what’s at stake, have worked extremely hard, have said the right things, have been good teammates. It just didn’t work today ….. If we could play like we did against New England and Tennessee every week we’d be hard to beat. I don’t have all the answers and after those two games it would be easy to say ‘Boy, yeah, we’re good’ and all that stuff. We’re the same team, same guys.”

At a time when you are supposed to be playing your best football, the Jets are playing their worst. You need only look at Brett’s misfortunes to understand what a free fall the Jets are in. Brett has been sacked nine times and intercepted six times in the past four games. He has thrown only one touchdown pass during that time and the Jets are limping into the final weekend of the 2008 NFL season with a 1-3 post-Thanksgiving record. In order to qualify for the postseason, not only do the Jets have to beat a hot Miami Dolphins
team (winners of four straight), they also need either the Patriots to lose to the Bills or the Ravens to lose to the Jags. So, they no longer control their own destiny and a season-ending loss against the Dolphins sends this team into the offseason wondering if another Brett Favre retirement saga is in t
heir immediate future.

PEACE n LOVE,
pat or (tapper)blue

----
There is no way to peace, peace is the way.” ~~A. J. Muste quotes
There is no way to peace, peace is the way.” ~~A. J. Muste quote from the novel movie swords.